New Vega owner, simple queries.

Guest JLCsan

Guest JLCsan

Hi there, good morning.

I've just picked my Vega from Currys yesterday afternoon, and after using it last night at home I'm pretty confident that I've got a great piece of kit for a bargain price.

Now, I've been reading for the last 2 days on this forum, guides, step by step docs, and also users own experiences with the device and their tips, but I just wanted to ask for something specific.

I'd like to have the Android Market app on it without having to install any other rom, the rom that actually came with my Vega is the latest I believe, 1.09, and so far so good, quite speedy and really great feedback from the touch screen.

Is this possible? and if it is, can I use the market as I do on my other Android device (Dell StreaK)? or won't I be able to download some apps?

I've read around here and it seems that the Market app works and then it doesn't, stops working randomly, some apps just won't install normally, and it all looks like a bit of a pain tbh, so I just wanted to be sure that I can have it installed without messing too much with the device itself.

I've tried going to the websites directly, like Firefox or Opera, but when I try to install any of the browsers it gives me an error about the Market or something, it looks like in order to install them, even from their web sites directly, I need to have the Market app installed???

Also, the top bar where the time and the other icons are, it doesn't disappear when browsing internet, it stays there always, which is a bit odd, I thought full screen will be the whole screen...

And last, is there any way to get rid of the bottom quick launch bar at all? again, without having to install any other rom...

Many thanks for your help/info :D

Guest mintvilla

Download vega tools 3.0

From that you can install clockworkdmod recovery, and the market.

Also to get rid of the bottom bar, you have to install a different launcher like adw or launcher pro - from the market once youve installed the market

Edited by mintvilla

Guest mxbob
Download vega tools 3.0

From that you can install clockworkdmod recovery, and the market.

Also to get rid of the bottom bar, you have to install a different launcher like adw or launcher pro - from the market once youve installed the market

is there no other way to get rid of that bottom bar or even to change the apps and links on the bottom bar?

im already using an alternative launcher which allows me to switch tasks quickly and easily but i still use the standard launcher to actually launch programs.

Guest JLCsan

Hi there,

Thanks for the tip on the Vega tools 3.0, I'll do that tonight, but what's that clock thing? do I need to install that prior to install the market?

Also, thanks for the tip on the bottom bar, I'll check those launchers, I tried them in the past in one of my last mobiles, a SE X10 Mini Pro, and they looked alright those launchers, both of them :D

How about the top bar, any idea on that one?

Many thanks for the info/help/patience B)

Guest premieral
Hi there,

Thanks for the tip on the Vega tools 3.0, I'll do that tonight, but what's that clock thing? do I need to install that prior to install the market?

Also, thanks for the tip on the bottom bar, I'll check those launchers, I tried them in the past in one of my last mobiles, a SE X10 Mini Pro, and they looked alright those launchers, both of them :D

How about the top bar, any idea on that one?

Many thanks for the info/help/patience B)

Once you have changed launcher it is an option to hide status bar , i use adw and i have the status bar shown or hidden with a screen swipe , very useful ;) happy playing its great fun