Losing the will to live, rooting SF, google android market.......

Guest gazwsf

Guest gazwsf

Hi all, new orange sf, unlocked ok thanks to this forum.......

Trying to follow unrooting thread, first step download & install pigfish, failed at first hurdle, need to associate phone with google android, chicken and egg going on

How in hells name do I associate my existing gmail/google account or create a new one to enable me to download the app, to enable me to check which model I've got to enable me to root the phone and de-orange it, to enable me to start using the damn thing as nature intended

Apart from that, nice to be here, been following this since November.

losing the will to live going round in circles.

TIA

:D

Guest pdbasham

@gazwsf

I'm new to all this too. If your SF is still stock ROM (which I suspect it is), try using the Market app already installed to download pigfish (I used Universal Androot, had to run it a few times but it worked eventually).

Hope this helps (first post, helped someone AND entered competition) :-D

Paul

Guest gazwsf
@gazwsf

I'm new to all this too. If your SF is still stock ROM (which I suspect it is), try using the Market app already installed to download pigfish (I used Universal Androot, had to run it a few times but it worked eventually).

Hope this helps (first post, helped someone AND entered competition) :-D

Paul

Thanks Paul, give this a try tomorrow and report back.

Gaz

Guest chimas
Hi all, new orange sf, unlocked ok thanks to this forum.......

Trying to follow unrooting thread, first step download & install pigfish, failed at first hurdle, need to associate phone with google android, chicken and egg going on

How in hells name do I associate my existing gmail/google account or create a new one to enable me to download the app, to enable me to check which model I've got to enable me to root the phone and de-orange it, to enable me to start using the damn thing as nature intended

Apart from that, nice to be here, been following this since November.

losing the will to live going round in circles.

TIA

:D

like Paul said you should try universal androot. I have rooted my device many times (for some stupid reasons lol) and Im yet to encounter some sort of problem with it. Once that's done for the love of god get your self rom manager. it will make your life 20000000000 times easier. need any more help just pm. hope you that restores your will to live.

chimas

Guest gazwsf
like Paul said you should try universal androot. I have rooted my device many times (for some stupid reasons lol) and Im yet to encounter some sort of problem with it. Once that's done for the love of god get your self rom manager. it will make your life 20000000000 times easier. need any more help just pm. hope you that restores your will to live.

chimas

Thanks guys, think I kinda stumbled on the google app solution before I had chance to try the other stuff, I connected to internet, tried to launch google maps from my google home page and lo and behold it 'invited' me to link my existing google account to google apps account in order to access google apps market place and download 3d google maps, so sorted in a round-a-bout way, but still bloody p****d off It wouldn't just allow me to link the accounts 'naturally' yesterday.

I'll keep updating as I go.........

Will to live peeping round the corner at me now.................... :D