changing internal wifi ?

Guest ezynow

Guest ezynow

Hi,

Just wondering is it possible to remove internal wireless card and replace with a dualband n.

I tried bluetooth streaming and wifi at the same time but it is stuttery for any practical use.

Was planning to use this as a wireless internet radio streaming device + bluetooth wireless speaker.

Any ideas folks?

Hi,

Just wondering is it possible to remove internal wireless card and replace with a dualband n.

I tried bluetooth streaming and wifi at the same time but it is stuttery for any practical use.

Was planning to use this as a wireless internet radio streaming device + bluetooth wireless speaker.

Any ideas folks?

Pester advent on twitter coz I have seen bluetooth and wifi work together without stutter but only on an older firmware (1.06). However, getting bluetooth to work on that firmware was tricky in itself.

Guest beegee1962
Hi,

Any ideas folks?

I had mine open and there is no separate WiFi card. It is on the mainboard. So you need a software solution.

Guest ezynow

Thanks - was hoping for a seperate card.

inspired by u know who - it seems everyones locking down to make quick buck. A simple hardware mod would cost 10 pounds but now requires a fully "upgraded product" at about 100 pounds or so. Those rotten apples are dumbing down the market!

Nevamind - i will try pushing for a software mod. I have tried r8 and corvus-rom so far, less stuterring on r8 (possibly changing wifi drivers may help).

Cheers.