Sense ROM Porting Talk

Guest Frankish

Guest iKrautDroid

The desire z is a arm7.

The blade is arm6.

Porting arm7 to arm6 doesn't really work.

Why do you think Jacob used the wildfire s rom.

Guest FelixL

Sorry, was just excited that there is a new Sense with the right resolution, knew but didn't think about the arm-version stuff.

Guest iKrautDroid
Sorry, was just excited that there is a new Sense with the right resolution, knew but didn't think about the arm-version stuff.

Its okay...

Guest iKrautDroid
Cant we just install a Sense ROM (stock stolen from the Desire subforum) and install blade kernels?

Sarcastically:

Yes, that's a great idea...

And while your at it flash Miui with the blade kernel. You'll be our hero!

BUT SERIOUSLY, DONT DO THIS!!

Guest mannas

I am tried lots of things to make a port of sense to our blade and I was unsucessfull so I tired of trying but I leave this link because it could be useful to someone who understands how this all thing of porting works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1059481

I know the hero doesn't have the same resolution of our phones but I think it would be easier to try to port from a device with the same cpu arch and then resize the rom for our phones

sry if my english is wrong in some way

Guest HCDR.Jacob
I am tried lots of things to make a port of sense to our blade and I was unsucessfull so I tired of trying but I leave this link because it could be useful to someone who understands how this all thing of porting works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1059481

I know the hero doesn't have the same resolution of our phones but I think it would be easier to try to port from a device with the same cpu arch and then resize the rom for our phones

sry if my english is wrong in some way

That's what I was saying :unsure:

• 5 months later...
Guest the_crevis

That really doesn't help me :@ I'm working on porting all of it, I just would appreciate it if someone with the knowledge could tell me how to get part of the rom to install on the sdcard.

Guest the_crevis

You will never port sense, use a theme. End of these silly threads.

Not true, negative talk just like this is the reason we do not have a true sense port yet. Admittedly it is an incredible amount of work to port sense to our blades successfully, but it has not happened because the devs have never worked in unison.

And so, I now call on all devs to come together, put aside any differences they have, and then together we can make a successful port!

Guest jurrasstoil
Will New HTC Pico i.e HTC Explorer source code can help making sense rom for Blade???
nope. It has a lower resolution (320x480).

we'd need a phone with an armv6 cpu and a resolution of 480x800.

Not true, negative talk just like this is the reason we do not have a true sense port yet. Admittedly it is an incredible amount of work to port sense to our blades successfully, but it has not happened because the devs have never worked in unison.

And so, I now call on all devs to come together, put aside any differences they have, and then together we can make a successful port!

a bit melodramatic and dreamy aren't we ;)

I guess the amount of work necessary far outweighs the benefits of having a sense rom.

Edited by jurrasstoil

I want to know which is more difficult ----1)converting resolution files from 320x480 to 480x800 or 2)converting armv7 files to armv6 files.

Have anybody got the answer???

Guest the_crevis

a bit melodramatic and dreamy aren't we ;)

I guess the amount of work necessary far outweighs the benefits of having a sense rom.

Haha no, just positive and enthusiastic!

Well yes it might well, but still that is not a reason not to have a go, for the sense of achievement?

I've already started work with a htc legend ROM, as it has exactly the same specs more or less apart from the screen resolution. Then I need to port in framework and hdpi drawables for a desire hd ROM for example. The question is can I test the legend rom and get it to boot first, before putting in the desire stuff?

Guest the_crevis

I want to know which is more difficult ----1)converting resolution files from 320x480 to 480x800 or 2)converting armv7 files to armv6 files.

Have anybody got the answer???

By far easier to add in the 480x800 stuff