b7610 parts (camera module)

Guest yoshizuki

Guest yoshizuki

Hi,

Would someone knows where to order B7610 parts? Like the camera module, I want to replace it...

Phone keeps displaying 'absence of camera module' whenever I try to run the camera.

I took it apart and the connectors seems to be in place... dunno why it still doesn't work, so maybe I should replace it.

Thanks.

Guest jimbo9371

you should probably try installing a different version of the camera software or reflash your device before you buy a new module

Guest yoshizuki

I flashed it with 2 different ROMs so far, it still doesn't work. Do you know the links to get the different versions of the camera software?

Guest yoshizuki

Just tried with Samsung Camera Cab JCE WWE, IL2 WWE, JC2 GER and it still says 'absence of camera module'.

The flash works though, there was a flashlight app on one of the ROM I installed. Weird...

Guest bufalo

Same here. A couple of mounths ago my camera started to capture everything on red tones and I realized that pressing the phone where the cam is it worked right, been able to preview and capture ok, but since two or three weeks I have always the missing cam module text. I've tried too several roms (including some that earlier had the cam working out of the box), so in my case I'm pretty sure the problem is hardware related, maybe yours too.

Didn't mention that my phone has suicidal tendences, so the screen has been repaired (canged) once and I wasn't really surprised when this appeared...

Edited by bufalo

Guest yoshizuki

After physical pulling the camera module out, yeah it must be hardware related. Maybe I will take it apart again and disassemble the camera module. Even if it breaks it's not like I can resell a phone with a camera that doesn't work.

I still can't believe I bought this piece of crap. I viewed review videos before purchasing and didn't notice the lag would be so horrible.

Why did you have to change your screen?

Guest bufalo
Didn't mention that my phone has suicidal tendences, so the screen has been repaired (canged) once and I wasn't really surprised when this appeared...

He usually falls to the grown at his own :) . That day after a couple of base jumps I was hitted with a machine on my leg but I was lucky: my hero-Omnia was on my pocket to protect me. Camera begun giving problems three or four mounths after that, so I don't think it's closely related