Only black screen left

Guest pach

I was wondering if anybody had some advise for me still because I simply ran out of options... :D

I got my own O2XS from my provider after renewing my contract! After keeping track of the development I installed clockworkmod recovery flashed the latest baseband and now a cooked up custom rom.

Everything went perfect no problems at all thanks to Paul for his great work,

The problem however is not with my phone but the one I finally received today for my wife, We had to wait for 3 weeks until it arrived today we just bought it since she liked the telephone very much.

After it arrived today I booted up the phone did some basic entries and checked the version of the baseband and rom right away. It was an older version so I wanted to update it first to the latest.

I installed the clockworkmod recovery without a problem, rebooted the phone and made a backup. after that I updated the baseband everything went normal.

I had allready cooked a rom in the kitchen and placed it on the sd card, so after updating the baseband I went into recovery again to install the custom rom.

Still everything went fine there. The phone booted normally and I started preparing it for my wife to use. After a while I remembered the time issue so I set it correct and rebooted the phone again for installing apps from the market. And here is where things went wrong.

At first I installed some apps without a problem but after a while when it was downloading all of a sudden the phone completly froze. I waited for 10 to 15 minutes hoping it would snap out of it.

Knowing software can get stuck I wasn't to worried but thought a reset by taking the battery out might solve it. But when I wanted to boot up again it just kept staying at the LG logo.

I tried entering the recovery but no response there too. So decided to do A nvflash after trying for several times. I thought it would solve my problem because it responded exactly how it was discribed by the tutorial. But after succesfully flashing it, I unplugged the USB and tried booting it with the battery but now my screen stays completly black...B) I still can go into nvflash and flash it again but nothing changes and the screen stays completly black.....;)

Am I over seeing something? Or is this really a RMA? hope you guys have some advise......Thanks!

Thanks for the response!

Yes that is all ok infact while doing the NVflash the screen will show the uprading like with the baseband. After it is done I remove the usb put it the battery and try to start the telephone again

but no response to the power button. The screen stays black while before it still showed the LG logo and was stuck there.

Edited by pach

Guest Iznogoud

when the screen is black, have u tried PWR ON + VOL DOWN? I tried this combo after flashing P990 rom on my SU660 and it actually did the recovery and booted up.

Edited by Iznogoud