best place for SD card's???

Guest leemain88

Guest leemain88

hi guys just brought my vega and now looking for a bigger sd card. can anyone point me to the best place to get a decent card for a decent price??? also what size cards are everyone using??

Guest Lennyuk

lowpricememory.co.uk

used them loads, cheap and legit.

they also have an ebay shop which is sometimes cheaper than their actual shop.

Guest peter a
Just literally bought a pny 16gb class 10 for around 17 squid from play

+1 on 7dayshop.com .

16gb is the normal due to the big bump in price to get to 32gb

class 10 , I may have to upgrade my class 4 !!

Guest mintvilla
+1 on 7dayshop.com .

16gb is the normal due to the big bump in price to get to 32gb

class 10 , I may have to upgrade my class 4 !!

i got a 32gig class 4 from ebay for 25quid - came today and all checks out.

Guest Vansphone

I have bought a number of SD cards from Play.com and they have always worked as expected. I bought a 16GB one for the Vega from them about £16 a month or so ago and it works well.

I recently bought another 16GB SD card from Novatech for £25 and I think it is slower than the Play.com card. I showed the salesman in Novatech the Play.com SD card (I had the page showing on my Blade). He said wow that is cheap. He also said you expect to pay more if you can pick it up from a shop rather than wait for it to be delivered. Fair enough I guess.

Guest peter a
I have bought a number of SD cards from Play.com and they have always worked as expected. I bought a 16GB one for the Vega from them about £16 a month or so ago and it works well.

I recently bought another 16GB SD card from Novatech for £25 and I think it is slower than the Play.com card. I showed the salesman in Novatech the Play.com SD card (I had the page showing on my Blade). He said wow that is cheap. He also said you expect to pay more if you can pick it up from a shop rather than wait for it to be delivered. Fair enough I guess.

wow £24 for a class 6 . http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/32GB-MICRO-SD-SDHC-C...=item27b9afdb71

Edited by peter a

Guest Vansphone

I would not buy from this seller. Over the years I have bought a number of fake memory cards from eBay. They look OK when you first use them but when you start loading them with data they just give error messages. So unless an eBay seller of memory cards has close to a 100% feedback I will not deal with them.

Guest add.thebad

dont buy from ebay! they say it 32gb when realy its 2gb thats had a software trick and a new sticker it will show as 32 gb but after you put more than 2gb on it everything new disappears.

i got a real good deal from play.com the other day i would reccomend their

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
Over the years I have bought a number of fake memory cards from eBay. They look OK when you first use them but when you start loading them with data they just give error messages.

What the fraudsters do is to take (often defective) small memory cards and alter them to report that they are much larger. So you get, for example, a poor quality 1Gb card claiming to be 16Gb or 32Gb. It's only when you try to write data to it that you find out.

This web site:

H2testw

has a utility which allows you to check for fake memory. Although geared towards USB memory sticks, it also works with SD and microSD cards.

I have used the output from it to win a dispute with an eBay seller who sold me a fake SD card.

Guest add.thebad
What the fraudsters do is to take (often defective) small memory cards and alter them to report that they are much larger. So you get, for example, a poor quality 1Gb card claiming to be 16Gb or 32Gb. It's only when you try to write data to it that you find out.

Bas*erds!!!

Guest Vansphone

This web site:

H2testw

has a utility which allows you to check for fake memory. Although geared towards USB memory sticks, it also works with SD and microSD cards.

I have used the output from it to win a dispute with an eBay seller who sold me a fake SD card.

Yes that is why even positive feedback on eBay can be misleading. A person gets a fake card, puts a few files on and says it works and leave positive feedback. A while later after they have put more files on it, it is shown to be a fake. So when I get a new memory card the first thing I do is fill it would video files.

I only buy memory cards from reputable shops such as Amazon (not marketplace), although the play one above looks good - I just got a 16GB Lexar class 6 for £20 which I thought was a good price, but now I feel ripped off :D

Ebay is a no-no for memory cards - too many fakes.