Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

is it just me or is the reaction time of the touchscreen increased?

I was puzzling a slightly different issue that might be connected to the signal issue - I notice that calls seems to connect a hell of a lot quicker.

Guest hecatae
I was puzzling a slightly different issue that might be connected to the signal issue - I notice that calls seems to connect a hell of a lot quicker.

tried to check signal status -99dbm 7 asu for HSDPA and -87dbm 13 asu for UMTS

tried to check signal status -99dbm 7 asu for HSDPA and -87dbm 13 asu for UMTS

What we really need are a GEN1 and a GEN2 on the same network in the same location...

Guest mlpplm

Just a quick noobie question:

I have now 2 Blades, one Gen1 (currently SSRLS4) and one Gen2 (Finnish operator Saunalahti stock 2.2).

Would following be successful?

1) Install Clockwork recovery to Gen2 Blade

2) Factory reset, wipes etc.

3) ->Full backup of the "clean" Saunalahti 2.2 ROM by using Clockwork recovery

4) "Upgrade" Gen1 Blade to Gen2

5) Restore Saunalahti 2.2 Backup in Upgraded Blade

I have updated previously a couple of Gen1 blades to JJ9 by using Clockwork backup and this was quite straightforward and e.g the wifi MAC addresses were not cloned (have read some posts saying that the MAC addresses would be cloned if done like this).

Guest mlpplm
What we really need are a GEN1 and a GEN2 on the same network in the same location...

Just a short test of Gen1 (SSRLS4) and Gen2 (Saunalahti 2.2 Stock) shows roughly the same signal levels (next to each other). The operator is Finnish Saunalahti (Elisa) However, the signal bars showed much better status in Gen2 Blade :D

Edited by mlpplm

Guest hecatae
Just a short test of Gen1 (SSRLS4) and Gen2 (Saunalahti 2.2 Stock) shows roughly the same signal levels (next to each other). The operator is Finnish Saunalahti (Elisa) However, the signal bars showed much better status in Gen2 Blade :D

any chance you can go to settings, about phone, and give the readings from signal status?

Guest hecatae
on a gen 2 upgraded blade can we instal a stock 2.2 rom from SD card with clockworkmod

yes.

I'm tempted to try the unicom v880 rom

Edited by hecatae

Guest mlpplm
any chance you can go to settings, about phone, and give the readings from signal status?

Difficult to say any exact values, as the signal is varying a little bit, but it is hopping betveen -77, -79, and -83dBm in both phones even if I exchange the places of the phones and try to be as far as possible (in order not to disturb the signal).

As well, there may be some interference caused by the other phone, and thus, it may be very challenging to estimate/measure the Rx sensitivity without RF lab.

yes.

I'm tempted to try the unicom v880 rom

would there be a difference between the comviq 2.2

and the v880 2.2

Also thanks for the quick reply :D

Guest hecatae
would there be a difference between the comviq 2.2

and the v880 2.2

Also thanks for the quick reply :D

v880 x880 or 003Z, i'm aware that one of these is very locked down as in hard to root

though as comviq is newer than these roms, is there any point in trying them?

Edited by hecatae

v880 x880 or 003Z, i'm aware that one of these is very locked down as in hard to root

though as comviq is newer than these roms, is there any point in trying them?

just tried the chinese rom(v880) but it failed to install with clockwork 3.0.1.4

some kind of script amending stuff ?

will try comviq now

maybe should use older version of clockwork,perhaps 2.5.1.8

edit: old clockworks dont work on gen 2

so stock 2.2 cant be installed with clockwork at this time

Edited by Guest

Guest shootomanUK
Ok, ONLY do this if you are aware of the risks involved. Worked on my phone (OLED Orange San Francisco)
  • Put a Gen2 ROM on your SD-card (as of writing the only one available is Swedish Spring)
  • Restore a stock ROM or at least a stock recovery image. I used the recovery.img from TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04: http://www.mediafire.com/?d469m6qvn13ae6c
    NOTE: If are allready on Gen2 you MUST use a Gen2 recovery image.
  • Download this package and put the sysdy folder into c:\windows : http://www.mediafire.com/?kog53g7ikb6lii7
  • Power off phone, remove battery.
  • Run c:\windows\sysdy\download.exe as Administrator (it's the hacked download.exe posted erlier in this thread)
  • When told to, hold down volume-down and connect USB cable.
  • Wait for FTM to appear on screen and for the application to say it is ready.
  • Press Start and it should start flashing...
  • When it get's to 98% or something like that it will start Clockwork recovery on the phone but if you wait another minute or so it will reach 100% and say that it is finished.
  • Here I told clockwork to reboot which means it will run reboot and run boot.img which happens to also be Clockwork so Clockwork will start again.
  • Use Clockwork to install Swedish Spring RLS4b and reboot when finished.

•Download this package and put the sysdy folder into c:\windows : http://www.mediafire.com/?kog53g7ikb6lii7

download link not working !

Guest wookie16081965
Difficult to say any exact values, as the signal is varying a little bit, but it is hopping betveen -77, -79, and -83dBm in both phones even if I exchange the places of the phones and try to be as far as possible (in order not to disturb the signal).

As well, there may be some interference caused by the other phone, and thus, it may be very challenging to estimate/measure the Rx sensitivity without RF lab.

im in uk on orange getting-113dbm 2asu upgraded to gen 2 are these figures strong ive no idea

with the latest clockwork 3.0.2.4

i installed the comviq 2.2 stock rom

all was well

however,on boot up i had no menu button

and no apn settings,and the lack of menu button stopped me adding apn settings.

Dont know if it is like that just for my blade.

But just to let people know who are thinking of flashing the comviq update

Edited by Guest

Guest Sebastian404
with the latest clockwork 3.0.2.4

i installed the comviq 2.2 stock rom

all was well

however,on boot up i had no menu button

and no apn settings,and the lack of menu button stopped me adding apn settings.

Dont know if it is like that just for my blade.

But just to let people know who are thinking of flashing the comviq update

Did you do a wipe before you installed it?

Did you do a wipe before you installed it?

oh yes,first rule always wipe.

Has anyone else installed the comviq update ?

It could be my blade alone that has this problem

I may try again with a format of everything instead of the normal data/cache/dalvik wipe

Edited by Guest

Guest hecatae
oh yes,first rule always wipe.

Has anyone else installed the comviq update ?

It could be my blade alone that has this problem

I may try again with a format of everything instead of the normal data/cache/dalvik wipe

I installed comviq via the executable, just replacing download.exe, no issues experienced, mrradmir did the same

I installed comviq via the executable, just replacing download.exe, no issues experienced, mrradmir did the same

are there instructions to do it that way in this thread

Guest hecatae
are there instructions to do it that way in this thread

yes, download it from one of the 26 mirrors on the 2nd page :D , grab the download.exe from the gen1 to gen2 upgrade sticky, replace download.exe, you'll need to flash the stock comviq 2.2 recovery first before running the download.exe.

if you are running the custom 128mb partition layout you have no menu as it did not flash correctly

Edited by hecatae

yes, download it from one of the 26 mirrors on the 2nd page :D , grab the download.exe from the gen1 to gen2 upgrade sticky, replace download.exe, you'll need to flash the stock comviq 2.2 recovery first before running the download.exe.

if you are running the custom 128mb partition layout you have no menu as it did not flash correctly

cheers dude,it was just that.

flashed the standard partition

then had no problems installing comviq with clockwork.

menu button working now B)

loving the comviq bootanimation.lol

This is stange. I rooted with superoneclick.

superuser installed,root confirmed by superoneclick,yet titanium backup cannot get root ?

Edited by Guest

my upload speed is 2.1mbs

I'll up a screenshot later

Picture or it didn't happen B)

I found your screenshot. Not very steady 2.1 :D 5/8 just over 0.1.

I tried with my SGS and get very steady 1.6+ all the time. With Blade I get 0.4 all the time.

Edited by Roku

Please help me, I am a noob in technical terms.

I have TeliaSonera ZTE blade with stock rom 2.1. A while ago I installed Clockwork and hence I am not able to boot into FTM but rather to Clockwork menu and hence I am not able to proceed with the installing 2.2 from my PC.

What should I do to get into FTM so that I can upgrade as non technical person.

I need you help.

Thanks