Boot loop

Guest Danhandy

Guest Danhandy

Hello,

I rooted the phone using SuperOneClick, this worked fine.

Attempted to install clockworkMod (http://modmymobile.com/forums/639-motorola-defy-development/560764-recovery-defy-clockworkmod-recovery-2-5-1-8-new-version.html)

Attempted to reboot into recovery (via app) and now im stuck in a boot loop, is there any way of getting out of this?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Guest add.thebad

boot in to recovery mode and by power and volume down. then either press volume up and down at the same time or tap bottom right of screen it depends on version.

then wipe all data.

Guest Danhandy
boot in to recovery mode and by power and volume down. then either press volume up and down at the same time or tap bottom right of screen it depends on version.

then wipe all data.

Carnt get into recovery :D

Thanks,

Dan.

Guest add.thebad
Carnt get into recovery :D

Thanks,

Dan.

keep trying. pull battery in and at the same time as putting it bk in hold volume down and power for about 5 secconds then release and you should get android and exclamation mark

Guest Danhandy
keep trying. pull battery in and at the same time as putting it bk in hold volume down and power for about 5 secconds then release and you should get android and exclamation mark

I do get the android and "!" but unable to get into clockwork from there.

Thanks,

Dan.

Guest add.thebad
I do get the android and "!" but unable to get into clockwork from there.

Thanks,

Dan.

yeah this isnt clockwork it's stock recovery.

from this can you press volume up and down at the same time and that should do it.

it not i think you have an older version so tap bottam left or right of screen.

is not their is another way but this should be the easyest

Guest Danhandy
yeah this isnt clockwork it's stock recovery.

from this can you press volume up and down at the same time and that should do it.

it not i think you have an older version so tap bottam left or right of screen.

is not their is another way but this should be the easyest

Plz see my last post, thanks for your help,

Daniel.

Guest add.thebad
(T-mobile UK) 2.5.1.x

Tar,

Dan.

you need to entre bootloader mode now then. press vol up with power for 5 secs and flash a rom from that list with rsd lite.

you could flash 2.5.1 bk or upgrade to a froyo rom

do you know how rds works?

Guest Danhandy
you need to entre bootloader mode now then. press vol up with power for 5 secs and flash a rom from that list with rsd lite.

you could flash 2.5.1 bk or upgrade to a froyo rom

do you know how rds works?

I dont, never used it.

Thanks,

Dan.

Guest add.thebad
I dont, never used it.

Thanks,

Dan.

Download rds lite here and install moto drivers on pc

then download the rom you want

put phone int bootloader and wait for rds to find it

when it does click on it in the table below

then find the .sfb file you just downloaded

then flash it and all done!

its a real good tool pretty much makes the defy unbrickable but it is soooo frustrating when ur stuck in a boot loop :D B)

Guest Danhandy
Download rds lite here and install moto drivers on pc

then download the rom you want

put phone int bootloader and wait for rds to find it

when it does click on it in the table below

then find the .sfb file you just downloaded

then flash it and all done!

its a real good tool pretty much makes the defy unbrickable but it is soooo frustrating when ur stuck in a boot loop :D B)

Brilliant, thanks so much for your help, is there any ROMs i should not flash? What are you running?

Thanks,

Dan.

Guest Danhandy
Brilliant, thanks so much for your help, is there any ROMs i should not flash? What are you running?

Thanks,

Dan.

!!!!!!!!! Flash only if you come from a 2.21 or 2.34 rom "That is because it has version 2 for CG31 and CG39, if you are on stock 2.51 those versions are 3 and if you flashed leaked froyo those are 4 and you cannot flash any firmware with lower versions. if you are on 2.21 or 2.34 you can flash this, otherwise you will brick your phone. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- That put me off, im sure i was on 2.51. :S

Guest Diggedy
!!!!!!!!! Flash only if you come from a 2.21 or 2.34 rom "That is because it has version 2 for CG31 and CG39, if you are on stock 2.51 those versions are 3 and if you flashed leaked froyo those are 4 and you cannot flash any firmware with lower versions. if you are on 2.21 or 2.34 you can flash this, otherwise you will brick your phone. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- That put me off, im sure i was on 2.51. :S

yeh if your on 2.51 dont flash a lower rom, usually you end up with a black screen

have you read addthebadds other thread in this section on flashing froyo. If you have 2.51 try looking at the links I posted. Those work on my phone

Guest Danhandy
yeh if your on 2.51 dont flash a lower rom, usually you end up with a black screen

have you read addthebadds other thread in this section on flashing froyo. If you have 2.51 try looking at the links I posted. Those work on my phone

Im lost, so can I not flash a froyo rom?

First day of playing with my defy sorry!

Should i flash: JRDNEM_U3_2.51.1 Blur Tmobile?

Thanks,

Dan.

Guest Danhandy
Im lost, so can I not flash a froyo rom?

First day of playing with my defy sorry!

Should i flash: JRDNEM_U3_2.51.1 Blur Tmobile?

Thanks,

Dan.

Grrrrr wont even power on now, i havent even done anything!

Brilliant.

Guest Diggedy

these are probably the worst phones ive seen for installing roms on. I wa slucky I only had the black screen, after that it went smooth.

Yes you can install froyo, read my post in the other thread in this section that adthebadd made. My phone was 2.51 and im using froyo now and I can downgrade at any point. Just make sure you do it right

Guest add.thebad
All sorted! had to cut up a USB cable!

pain!!

yeah im on 3.4.3 and works nice for me allthough i cant downgrade but im not bothered about that and you should flash 2.5.1 if you want to go back to stock

Guest add.thebad
these are probably the worst phones ive seen for installing roms on. I wa slucky I only had the black screen, after that it went smooth.

yeah they are a right ball ache to do. its Motorola being stingy and locking the boot loader!

have had many frustrating nights trying to bring mine back to life but its good once you get their

Guest nvkid909

this happened to me after installing leaked froyo. had already used clockwork mod in eclair which worked a dream, but after froyo I got bricked so had to flash it RSD.

Maybe its down to the build of froyo cos I couldn't get into recovery like I could before. I'm now reluctant to try CWM again for it to fail, spent too long redownloading apps after reflash.

Guest add.thebad
this happened to me after installing leaked froyo. had already used clockwork mod in eclair which worked a dream, but after froyo I got bricked so had to flash it RSD.

Maybe its down to the build of froyo cos I couldn't get into recovery like I could before. I'm now reluctant to try CWM again for it to fail, spent too long redownloading apps after reflash.

yeah ive has this problem installing CW. instead of using the the app to install it (which causes boot loop for me), i do it with a .bat file which does it through adb and that works every tiime for me!