MoDaCo Custom Rom Froyo r12 > CyanogenMod 7 for Blade :: V7.0.0-RC4

Guest Metroid_Maniac

Guest Metroid_Maniac

I am a n00b, so pleas go easy on me

I am using an Orange San Francisco, TFT Gen1 I think. I am having trouble installing CyanogenMod 7 for Blade V7.0.0-RC4. I am currently on MoDaCo Custom Rom Froyo r12 for ZTE Blade. I get the following error while installing via ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8:

Installing: SDCARD:update-cm-7.0.0=RC4-Blade-signed.zip

Finding update package

Opening update package

Installing update

Assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade"

E:Error in /sdcard/updae-cm-7.0.7-RC4-Blade-signed.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I am a n00b, so pleas go easy on me

I am using an Orange San Francisco, TFT Gen1 I think. I am having trouble installing CyanogenMod 7 for Blade V7.0.0-RC4. I am currently on MoDaCo Custom Rom Froyo r12 for ZTE Blade. I get the following error while installing via ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8:

Installing: SDCARD:update-cm-7.0.0=RC4-Blade-signed.zip

Finding update package

Opening update package

Installing update

Assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade"

E:Error in /sdcard/updae-cm-7.0.7-RC4-Blade-signed.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

2.5.1.8 is not compatible - you should be using Clockwork 3.0.1.4 (recovery-clockwork-blade-3.0.1.4.img)

Use ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b to install it to your recovery

Guest Metroid_Maniac

Too late, I've already installed v3.0.1.4 via ZTE-Blade recovery manager :D

How would I copy over my applications and application data? Titanium Backup keeps freezing in the middle of backup.

Guest frenchdroid
How would I copy over my applications and application data? Titanium Backup keeps freezing in the middle of backup.

If you are using the free version of Titanium, that is "normal" from what I have read. The PRO version is built slightly differently and just works - there is a thread on here all about it.

I was getting freezes in Titanium free and eventually I didn't even back up any applications before moving to CM7 because I understand that there are issues when restoring apps in 2.3.3, that were backed up in 2.2.

Save yourself the hassle and just ensure your account and apps list is good in Appbrain, and then re-download them automatically using sync. It doesn't take much longer. You may be able to just do a data back-up in Titanium if you want to save game scores, etc, but a lot of other data is on the SD card or synced with Google, etc, or backed up in the particular apps.

The upside for me is that since I did that, I have been able to back-up and restore apps using Titanium when changing CyanogenMod roms because the restore and back-up are done in the same system. AND, Titanium FREE hasn't hung once in CM7. Just make sure you don't restore any system stuff

One of the (presumably) many benefits of Titanium Pro is that you can restore and install all apps in one go without having to keep pressing Install and OK for each app (which could be a bit tedious).

Guest Schwinni

I have restored apps, contacts and messages with TB Free without any problems when I moved from 2.2 (JJ9) to 2.3 (CM7).

However, do NOT restore system settings and WiFi access point. That can cause big trouble.

• 7 months later...
Guest hedgepigdaniel

Why are you using such an old version of CM7? 7.1 is the latest stable, and the latest nightly runs well too. It's made heaps of progress since the version you're using.