Browser advice

Guest Vansphone

Guest Vansphone

Sorry in advance, I do not know the correct terminology.

I want a browser that displays sites just like a browser on a PC.

As an example, when I access eBay from my Vega I get directed to the eBay mobile site rather than their normal site.

Is this an issue with settings or is it caused by the browser I am using.

I wondered if this was because Android was designed for smartphones so I might just have to live with it.

Edited by Vansphone

Guest worto03
Sorry in advance, I do not know the correct terminology.

I want a browser that displays sites just like a browser on a PC.

As an example, when I access eBay from my Vega I get directed to the eBay mobile site rather than their normal site.

Is this an issue with settings or is it caused by the browser I am using.

I wondered if this was because Android was designed for smartphones so I might just have to live with it.

It's your user agent setting, I use dolphin HD browser and on that it's in - menu > more > settings > user agent > change this to desktop

Not sure where it will be on other browsers but it'll be there.

Thats it :D

Guest add.thebad
It's your user agent setting, I use dolphin HD browser and on that it's in - menu > more > settings > user agent > change this to desktop

Not sure where it will be on other browsers but it'll be there.

Thats it :D

Yeah dolphin hd definatly the best on big screen in desktop mode. Sky fire also has this option

Guest SimonGre
Yeah dolphin hd definatly the best on big screen in desktop mode. Sky fire also has this option

Opera Mobile 11 is the full Opera experience (Dolphin is just a skin for the built in browser). Opera Mobile 11 uses the same core as their excellent desktop browser, and the same high level of standards compliance.

There is a setting in there to report itself as a mobile or a desktop browser....

It works REALLY well (and is designed for) tablets, and does flash.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.opera.browser

Edited by SimonGre

Guest Vansphone

Brilliant.

I already have Dolphin HD and have changed the settings. It works just as I wanted it too.

Thanks for all the help

Guest Lennyuk

You can change your User Agent string on most third party browsers

Miren, Skyfire and Dolphin are the only ones I know that make it east (Chrome/Desktop/Desktop)

But you can also do it on firefox or opera if you had to.

Guest Vansphone
You can change your User Agent string on most third party browsers

Miren, Skyfire and Dolphin are the only ones I know that make it east (Chrome/Desktop/Desktop)

But you can also do it on firefox or opera if you had to.

Thanks, I have just changed the user agent on the xScope browser. It is really easy =>more >settings >user agent >computer.

I can't remember why I downloaded xScope but it is not a bad browser, easy to add book marks.