Vega Tablet to Watch UK TV Abroad?

Guest JDubz67

Guest JDubz67

We have been planning to stream UK TV via a PC in Cyprus. We know that there are a number of products which will make the PC appear to have a UK IP address.

Does anyone know of a similar sort of application preferably free which we can download onto the Advent Vega tablet? On the PC we were going to load Expat Shield which has been recommended by others but we cannot seem to download this onto the tablet.

The Tablet is being linked to the TV via HDMI

Guest trevor432990

Hi ... Some people use VPN connections to fool the UK services but expect that is a bit expensive for a few days. The BBC are supposed to be coming out with an 'international' iPlayer but whether it is ready or not I don't know. If all else fails try typing "watch tv abroad" into Google and you will get some answers. :D

Guest DublinGuy

I have this working on my tablet, can watch BB iPlayer here in Ireland. I use Openvpn Installer and Openvpn Settings from market and I have a paid VPN account from overplay.net which is 10 dollars a month - you can pay for that on a month by month basis so if you are going on holidays one month will do you. In my experience over the last few years of playing with VPNs, none of the free solutions are up to the job :D

Guest montage

Ive tried this before with little success so I bought a slingbox... but that solution would be no good unless you had a uk home or friend with an internet connection and an ariel to plug it into.

Guest xrfil

My experiance of uk streamed tv in cyprus last year

both using the same wifi conection,

on my windows mobile, using skyfire brouser i could access tvcatchup, and watch it

on my net book, using ie 8 and firefox, tvcatchup said not available in you region.