Dust behind the screen?

Guest JLCsan

Guest JLCsan

Hi there, afternoon.

Nice and sunny day today B) I was checking my Vega with direct sun light to see how it coped with it, and I've seen some dust behind the screen... WTF!

I've kept it since I bought it last Wednesday inside a laptop bag that I bought the same day for it, to keep it safe from scratches and dust... does this mean it's been opened/repaired? that it's not a brand new unit but a refurbished one? :D

Guest steviesteve

In my experience, unless it's an excessive amount, you can't avoid this with portable devices. If the dust got in, the dust will come out just as easy. Carefully run a hoover around the edges of the device - problem solved. Make sure you get any excess dust out of the laptop bag at the same time.

Guest Bobbler

You wont get the dust out hoovering it at all. The screen LCD panel is perimeter fixed to the glass exterior screen (plus touch sensor part) all the way round.

Word of advice, leave it be, I broke mine during the week trying to remove a spec of dust that started to annoy me that's been there since day one...

Dead device now, feel like such a fool.

Guest JLCsan

Wow, ok, I think I'll let it be then, I dont want to mess it up, and to be honest I can only see it with direct sun light, now at night I cant see it...

Guest Bobbler

I used very slight leverage on the screen with a flexi card, it's a very thin screen and I heard the tell tale crunch of a broken screen. May be possible with some very delicate touch - in retrospect a piece of fishing line pulled through to break the glue seal may be the best way forward.

Guest steviesteve

i put the matte screen protector on mine. For me, it covers all sorts of blemishes and the diffused light helps viewing angles slightly when in portrait.