ereader

Guest supersteve1

Guest supersteve1

I have just ordered my vega today, can anyone tell me what is the ereader like, is it just has good as the ipad one,or not. plus i am getting the vega without flash, is it easy to install flash.

The last question is, is modaco download free, or is there a fee, thanks . :D

Guest premieral
I have just ordered my vega today, can anyone tell me what is the ereader like, is it just has good as the ipad one,or not. plus i am getting the vega without flash, is it easy to install flash.

The last question is, is modaco download free, or is there a fee, thanks . :D

modaco is free but you can donate , flash is as easy as downloading from the market once you have flashed the new rom no idea of the ereader, amazon kindle reads fine for me

Guest Mogedwards

I can't compare with ipad, but you can put various ereaders, including Kindle on the Vega

Go to the Advent Vega support page and you can download the latest software with flash. It is quite easy.

http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/

The Modaco ROM is free unless you want to go into the kitchen.

Guest Vansphone

As you will know there are different formats for eBooks so you have to be careful to buy a reader that matches your books. As my ebooks are in a number of different formats (I have been reading ebooks for a long time) I use Kindle, FBReader and ezPDF. Non of them look as good as the native ebook reader on the iPad but they do a good job.

You can load .mobi books you already own into Kindle so you don't have to download them. FBreader is for my ePub books.

Guest achromic

I've been using Aldiko for ages on all my droid phones. The latest version (2.0) can use pdf as well as ePub format books.

That might be worth looking at :D

Guest Vansphone
I've been using Aldiko for ages on all my droid phones. The latest version (2.0) can use pdf as well as ePub format books.

That might be worth looking at :D

Yes Aldiko, I completely forgot it and it is one of the best. The only thing I am not sure about is the way it imports ebook into it's library. I don't know if this means it copies the file creating a second copy on the SD card or is it just linking the ebook to the library.

I also forgot Laputa. I uninstalled it from my Vega. It looks good and it looks like you are actually turning the page but I preferred the other readers mentioned.

Guest ViPaSoft

I use Aldiko 2 all the time. I convert my books using Calibre on my Laptop to epub and put them on my Vega. Then import them into Aldiko. I Think Aldiko creates a copy in its own folder structure. Haven't looked into that, [maybe you can then delete the ones you imported from, will have to check that out later].

Anothe great feature of Aldiko 2 is that you can long press on a word and it gives you a definition and example, [most words anyway]. this is great as I read a lot of sci-fi and horror and sometimes the Americanisms throw me a little.