[Theme] JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest jtc42

I dont know if itll be of any use to you at all, but Im building up a custom version of this mod with your theme and icon changes, but also using the AOSP Gingerbread Dialer and the SMS/MMS app with more options as well as replacing Launcher2 to be like Gingerbread :)

Guest TheManicGibbon
My bad, installed the AOSP dialer and forgot this doesnt effect that.

Ah okay...had me worried there :) . It will have replaced the stock dialer, check for "Phone" now instead of "Dialer" :)

Also, I think I understand what you're meaning about the notification icons, and ones for GMail and market downloads are built into the theme, so they wouldn't be hard for me to change. I've googled and looked at some other Gingerbread themes, and I think that the market downloads and the other notifications such as USB Debugging are from Gingerbread..but you're right there's something definitely different about the GMail notification icon, I'll look into it..

EDIT: As you say, the notification icon is built into the GMail app...so if i did change it, I'd have to release a new theme version (or customised GMail apk) every time GMail was updated, otherwise if you updated through market you'd change the icon back to stock...It doesnt look that different :)

Do you mean you think the GMail icon should look like this?

Yeah certainly feel free to muck about with it :( I'll probably add a Gingerbread launcher and stuff to mine in the future, sounds like a good idea :huh:

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest jtc42
Do you mean you think the GMail icon should look like this?

Spot on.

So my mod is as follows:

Aspects from the Frankish GB theme to get some notification icons back (but Gmail etc still arent skinned, so if youre up for that?)

MMS app taken from the newest FLB ROM, black background etc.

Phone app taken from R10 FLB GB mod (so GB skinned, with green icon and working FB sync)

Contacts as above, so FB sync works

Launcher2 GB port added

Browser and stuff from your mod

So basically it's pretty slaughtered from yours, but the icons and stuff are still there. It's more vanilla GB I think because it's mostly AOSP apps (and I believe my version can convert a non-AOSP installation into an AOSP one since it replaces all the ZTE apps that link together)

What theme did you start with? Did you base it on the Frankish theme? I think the SMS notification icon is in the app because I had this version of the app on another theme briefly and it had the GB notification.

My worry is if you add the GB icon to Gmail etc, itll be overwritten every time the app updates.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Spot on.

So my mod is as follows:

Aspects from the Frankish GB theme to get some notification icons back (but Gmail etc still arent skinned, so if youre up for that?)

MMS app taken from the newest FLB ROM, black background etc.

Phone app taken from R10 FLB GB mod (so GB skinned, with green icon and working FB sync)

Contacts as above, so FB sync works

Launcher2 GB port added

Browser and stuff from your mod

So basically it's pretty slaughtered from yours, but the icons and stuff are still there. It's more vanilla GB I think because it's mostly AOSP apps (and I believe my version can convert a non-AOSP installation into an AOSP one since it replaces all the ZTE apps that link together)

What theme did you start with? Did you base it on the Frankish theme? I think the SMS notification icon is in the app because I had this version of the app on another theme briefly and it had the GB notification.

My worry is if you add the GB icon to Gmail etc, itll be overwritten every time the app updates.

My aim was to get it as close to vanilla Gingerbread ><

Using all the FLB apps should be fine, as long as youre planning on using this as a theme for an FLB theme? I'm not sure how it would work if we put for example the skinned contacts from the FLB theme onto SS...but I'm still on FLB so I can't test that.

It wouldn't be too difficult to change the GMail icon, but I don't see the point because it would be overwritten every time there was an update.

TBH I've never even looked at skinning the SMS/MMS app because I use Handcent, and it never even crossed my mind to be quite honest.

All my themes are based at some point on a Frankish theme (a few different ones) except the theme for FLB which removes the notification widget, which is based on the Gingerbread themepack by Flibblesan.

Any updates and changes I decide to do to my theme might come a bit slow, I'm really busy with exams and stuff atm :)

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest jtc42
Any updates and changes I decide to do to my theme might come a bit slow, I'm really busy with exams and stuff atm :)

I totally agree with that. I think I'm gonna leave it as it is now until summer :)

Guest TheManicGibbon

You mentioned that yo thought the FLB GB themepack by flibblesan had the correct GMail notification...I don't see how. I've looked through the folders, and the GMail icon is obviously not included in framework-res.apk (because it is a separate app) and also there is no Gmail.apk flashed by that theme...so where did the icon come from? I'll have a bash later of skinning the most recent version of GMail, and I'll put that up for you though.

I take it this theme you're making is for FLB right? Because I'm not sure if it would work on SS with all that FLB stuff in it...?

Guest jtc42
You mentioned that yo thought the FLB GB themepack by flibblesan had the correct GMail notification...I don't see how. I've looked through the folders, and the GMail icon is obviously not included in framework-res.apk (because it is a separate app) and also there is no Gmail.apk flashed by that theme...so where did the icon come from? I'll have a bash later of skinning the most recent version of GMail, and I'll put that up for you though.

I take it this theme you're making is for FLB right? Because I'm not sure if it would work on SS with all that FLB stuff in it...?

It was an ooolllddd version of the GB theme pack, dont even know if it's still hosted. Might be worth asking him how he did it and why he stopped doing it.

And it was for SS, apps worked fine but there was a small bug in the contacts list. I'm back on FLB now though (because I just prefer it) but Im happy to help where I can still.

Guest TheManicGibbon

I'm on JGM Software Froyo (i.e- FLB r11b with my Gingerbread theme preinstalled and my name in the build.prop file :) :) )

Have a look at this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/103...cm6-1-a-16.html

Seems to be what we're trying to do, although like they say, you have problems if you try and update it, I assume it just reverts back.

Anyway, as promised, here's the latest version of GMail (2.3.4.1) that I've modded to give you the new notification bar icon:post-843502-1303223000_thumb.png

JGMS_GB_Gmail_2.3.4.1.zip

(It's only zipped to allow me to upload it, unzip it and you'll get the .apk)

EDIT: I just tried this and you'll need to flash it in Clockwork if GMail is a system app in your ROM. Check the first post in this thread for an updated version to flash with clockwork.

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest sihumphries

I installed JGM Software Gingerbread Theme for Swedish Spring yesterday after an upgrade to RLS5.

All working very nicely, thanks.

I've been using the Frankish themes which were great but they are no longer being maintained because he's sold is Blade. I'll be using these from now on if they are going to be maintained thanks TheManicGibbon.

Guest TheManicGibbon
I installed JGM Software Gingerbread Theme for Swedish Spring yesterday after an upgrade to RLS5.

All working very nicely, thanks.

I've been using the Frankish themes which were great but they are no longer being maintained because he's sold is Blade. I'll be using these from now on if they are going to be maintained thanks TheManicGibbon.

Yes, they'll be maintained with any bug fixes or good ideas people suggest.

I'd like to be able to track how many copies have been downloaded, does anyone have any suggestions for a file host that would allow me to do this? I'm currently hosting them on my own website and this functionality just seems impossible to implement on the service I use. I cant host them directly off MoDaCo either because they're >4.88 MB.

Guest Shadow_2k

Thanks for adding the custom Gingerbread icons for use with Japanese Spring ROM.

greetings and Happy Easter :)

Edited by Shadow_2k

Guest mon3em

ok i'm on ss5 and when i installed it my dialer gone and no power widget.

i flashed AOSP zip again so i got my dialer back (not JGM dialer) with Circle Battery but still now power widget.

so

SS 5 + AOSP ss4 +JGM = SS5 with Circle Battery :)

still waiting power widget :)

thanks

Edited by mon3em

Guest TheManicGibbon
ok i'm on ss5 and when i installed it my dialer gone and no power widget.

i flashed AOSP zip again so i got my dialer back (not JGM dialer) with Circle Battery but still now power widget.

so

SS 5 + AOSP ss4 +JGM = SS5 with Circle Battery :)

still waiting power widget :)

thanks

Sorry, I don't fully understand your problem... what is AOSP.zip?

Basically after you flashed this you get your dialer back but you have a problem where you do not have the power widget? Also, my theme includes the dialer but it is called "Phone" Maybe if you re flash my theme, the dialer may appear in your apps drawer, under "P" instead of "D"

And what do you mean by no power widget? It is not skinned or simply non-existent?

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest mon3em
Sorry, I don't fully understand your problem... what is AOSP.zip?

Basically after you flashed this you get your dialer back but you have a problem where you do not have the power widget? Also, my theme includes the dialer but it is called "Phone" Maybe if you re flash my theme, the dialer may appear in your apps drawer, under "P" instead of "D"

And what do you mean by no power widget? It is not skinned or simply non-existent?

Aosp = Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip

i've checked "P" and "D" no dialer at all and yes the power widget wasn't exist at all

My room was exactly so before JGM.

- Swedish sprig RLS5

- Swedish spring RLS4 Contacts

- Frankish themes

Then i've installed JGM>>> lost dailer and no power widget at all so i reinstall "ss4 aosp contacts " and end up have just the power circle and nothing more.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Aosp = Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip

i've checked "P" and "D" no dialer at all and yes the power widget wasn't exist at all

My room was exactly so before JGM.

- Swedish sprig RLS5

- Swedish spring RLS4 Contacts

- Frankish themes

Then i've installed JGM>>> lost dailer and no power widget at all so i reinstall "ss4 aosp contacts " and end up have just the power circle and nothing more.

Hmm, the cause of this must be something to do with the AOSP zip, because sihumphries reported its working fine with SS 5...hmm :)

Firstly, is the browser icon the Gingerbread equivalent? Because if not perhaps something is wrong with the theme file...did you check the MD5?

Secondly, I have made you this to flash with Clockwork, it is just the Settings.apk (this includes the power control widget) that has been confirmed working on SS5, and you can see if that helps you.

SS_Settings_Flash_JGMS.zip

Guest 3lackhawk

Thanks, it's working on GEN1 Blade with RLS5

I hope somebody can solve issues with the notification bar powerwidgets in the near future :mellow:

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thanks, it's working on GEN1 Blade with RLS5

I hope somebody can solve issues with the notification bar powerwidgets in the near future :o

Thats good to have another confirmed working, thanks!

I believe the notification bar power widgets issue is that people want it on Swedish Spring, correct? I'll look into it.

Also, you may be interested in a new addon available in the first post (I only added it last night so its not integrated into the themes yet), which gives you the Gingerbread GMail notification in the status bar. I'm currently using it myself but looking for some more testers :mellow: . Flash it with clockwork, and if you update GMail through the market you'll lose that icon as its overwritten but I'll simply modify the new GMail apk :D

Guest finbaar

Tried to download FLB themes and link is not working. Tried SS and that is not working either. Is there a miiror?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Got it now. Sweet!

Have you got it installed and working ok? And is it the FLB theme, if so which one? :mellow: Sorry for so many questions, stupidly at the start I had no way of counting downloads so id like to know what people are downloading. Thanks!

Sorry about not being able to download them, I'm not sure why that was. The themes were hosted on my personal website hosted by a major provider, and I can't find any reports of downtime so I'm not sure what was wrong. To be on the safe side though, I'm migrating all my themes to MediaFire, as this will allow me to view the number of downloads, and hopefully provide more relaibility. Sorry for your issue and thanks for downloading :o

EDIT: All my themes are now on MediaFire so that I can count downloads, but I'll be able to mirror them if there are any problems. I'd also be really grateful, if people who have already downloaded the themes, comment and say so, especially if they're using a ROM thats not listed.

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest 3lackhawk
Thats good to have another confirmed working, thanks!

I believe the notification bar power widgets issue is that people want it on Swedish Spring, correct? I'll look into it.

Also, you may be interested in a new addon available in the first post (I only added it last night so its not integrated into the themes yet), which gives you the Gingerbread GMail notification in the status bar. I'm currently using it myself but looking for some more testers :mellow: . Flash it with clockwork, and if you update GMail through the market you'll lose that icon as its overwritten but I'll simply modify the new GMail apk :D

Yes, many people waiting for working notification bar power widget on Swedis Sping :o

I hadn't use mail app yet ,maybe later I'll set up and try your gmail mod :D

Ps: there is my HS with your theme

post-869618-1304278346_thumb.png

Guest TheManicGibbon

Ah okay, I'll do some research into that, but I'm certainly not promising anything :D

If you do, pleas report back so I get some feedback :mellow:

That's a very nice homescreen! I like that :D

Also, is that a third party power widget or a mod? Because my theme is supposed to change the icons in the power widget... :o

Guest 3lackhawk
Ah okay, I'll do some research into that, but I'm certainly not promising anything :D

If you do, pleas report back so I get some feedback :mellow:

That's a very nice homescreen! I like that :D

Also, is that a third party power widget or a mod? Because my theme is supposed to change the icons in the power widget... :o

Yes, I use widgetsoid for powerwidget but maybe I'll try your transparent :D

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yes, I use widgetsoid for powerwidget but maybe I'll try your transparent :D

...I don't have a transparent mod :o

Maybe youre thinking of Skrible's mod, that will certainly work with my theme, and give you the gingerbread icons in the power widget as well. :mellow: