[Theme] JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest 3lackhawk
...I don't have a transparent mod :o

Maybe youre thinking of Skrible's mod, that will certainly work with my theme, and give you the gingerbread icons in the power widget as well. :mellow:

Opps I didn't remember well because I tought it is your mod...... :D

Guest TheManicGibbon
Opps I didn't remember well because I tought it is your mod...... :o

The mod that turns it transparent is done by Skrible, the theme done by me will provide you with the Gingerbread icons :D

EDIT: looking at his file, I would have to modify it in order to get the Gingerbread icons with transparent background. I'd be happy to do this for you, and I have asked his permission to do this (even though its a community i still like to ask people before I change their stuff and distribute it)

EDIT 2 : This is now done, just waiting on Skrible's permission to distribute it. If you really want it I can get it to you :D

EDIT 3 :mellow: : Check the first post for a download link!

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest 3lackhawk
The mod that turns it transparent is done by Skrible, the theme done by me will provide you with the Gingerbread icons :o

EDIT: looking at his file, I would have to modify it in order to get the Gingerbread icons with transparent background. I'd be happy to do this for you, and I have asked his permission to do this (even though its a community i still like to ask people before I change their stuff and distribute it)

EDIT 2 : This is now done, just waiting on Skrible's permission to distribute it. If you really want it I can get it to you :D

EDIT 3 :mellow: : Check the first post for a download link!

Thanks It works like a charm! :D

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thanks OP. Using the circlemod with SS5, everything works great.

Thanks It works like a charm! :mellow:

Thanks for the feedback! Great to hear it's working for and enjoyed by so many people :o :D

Guest ShahinTehShiz
Thats good to have another confirmed working, thanks!

I believe the notification bar power widgets issue is that people want it on Swedish Spring, correct? I'll look into it.

Also, you may be interested in a new addon available in the first post (I only added it last night so its not integrated into the themes yet), which gives you the Gingerbread GMail notification in the status bar. I'm currently using it myself but looking for some more testers :mellow: . Flash it with clockwork, and if you update GMail through the market you'll lose that icon as its overwritten but I'll simply modify the new GMail apk :o

Most definitely! Really want the circle battery mod, but would prefer to do it the once with the power widget in the notif bar (I'm on SS RLS5 and want the circle battery mod) instead of flashing now, then doing it again later.

Also a few questions (Newbie to using themes)

I just use clockwork to install these themes don't I? (Install from zip option)

If I use the revert themes you provided would that bring everything back to normal? Thanks!

Guest TheManicGibbon
Most definitely! Really want the circle battery mod, but would prefer to do it the once with the power widget in the notif bar (I'm on SS RLS5 and want the circle battery mod) instead of flashing now, then doing it again later.

Also a few questions (Newbie to using themes)

I just use clockwork to install these themes don't I? (Install from zip option)

If I use the revert themes you provided would that bring everything back to normal? Thanks!

You might as well just flash the cirlcemod theme now, because flashing a theme takes seconds and it will likely be quite a while before I get around to even looking at doing a power widget in the notification bar (sorry everyone :o )

Yes, Install from Zip then Choose Zip

Yes, the revert theme will take everything back to the stock Swedish Spring look :mellow:

Guest ShahinTehShiz
You might as well just flash the cirlcemod theme now, because flashing a theme takes seconds and it will likely be quite a while before I get around to even looking at doing a power widget in the notification bar (sorry everyone :o )

Yes, Install from Zip then Choose Zip

Yes, the revert theme will take everything back to the stock Swedish Spring look :mellow:

Okay, but If I were to install other themes, e.g from the Unified theme thread (Not that yours aren't good, just for example :D) Could I use YOUR revert theme to go back ?

Thanks

Guest TheManicGibbon
Okay, but If I were to install other themes, e.g from the Unified theme thread (Not that yours aren't good, just for example :o) Could I use YOUR revert theme to go back ?

Thanks

Yes, that would work. Just to point out, Frankish also has Revert themes (his are called "Stock theme") and also, my Gingerbread Cirlcemod is Frankish's, except I added gingerbread system icons, app icons and the Gingerbread power control widget :mellow:

Guest ShahinTehShiz
Yes, that would work. Just to point out, Frankish also has Revert themes (his are called "Stock theme") and also, my Gingerbread Cirlcemod is Frankish's, except I added gingerbread system icons, app icons and the Gingerbread power control widget :mellow:

Thanks,

I just installed the theme and the transparent power widget, went swimmingly!

Now if I wanted to remove the power widget and get the old one back how would I do it? (I installed the separate power widget under "Other downloads" in the OP)

Edited by ShahinTehShiz

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thanks,

I just installed the theme and the transparent power widget, went swimmingly!

Now if I wanted to remove the power widget and get the old one back how would I do it? (I installed the separate power widget under "Other downloads" in the OP)

To go back to the one with a background and Gingerbread icons, re-flash the Gingerbread theme

To return to stock Android, flash the Revert theme

:mellow:

Guest TheManicGibbon
how to get ginderbred contacts and phone diler like in this screen ( http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71325 ) ? :< runing SS RLS5

This is something I'm working on, I have a lot off exams at the moment so development is slightly slowed, but in a couple of weeks or so I will try and release some major new updates including things like skinned dialer for SS, some bug fixes for Finland/Norway etc localizations and things like that. I'll keep everyone up to date!

Guest lowgitek

How can I get this for gingerbread 7.0.3? I loved it on my froyo but I couldn't find a way to have it like that on my ginger.

Thanks

Edited by lowgitek

Guest TheManicGibbon
How can I get this for gingerbread 7.0.3? I loved it on my froyo but I couldn't find a way to have it like that on my ginger.

Thanks

Are you referring to CyanogenMod? Maybe I'm missing something here but...why do you want a Gingerbread theme for Gingerbread..?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Cause I can't find the percentage theme or option on it for the battery status.

Regards,

Themes for CM7 are different to those for Froyo ROMs, so I have no plans to port any circle battery mods to CM7 atm.

What I can provide you with is Frankish's battery mods specifically for CM7, which I think is what you're after :unsure:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...7-battery-mods/

Hope this helps.

Help. I installed this on SS and now i've got no contacts despite resyncing, no dialer and no call history in the log. Also it's installed some an additional call log app, that i don't want.

I have done the revert, but i'm still without a dialler or any contacts.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Help. I installed this on SS and now i've got no contacts despite resyncing, no dialer and no call history in the log. Also it's installed some an additional call log app, that i don't want.

I have done the revert, but i'm still without a dialler or any contacts.

whooaaa...I've not had any reported issues like that...what version of SS? And what do you mean additional call log app? My theme doesn't change any of the things you've mentioned. Any other details you can give me?

whooaaa...I've not had any reported issues like that...what version of SS? And what do you mean additional call log app? My theme doesn't change any of the things you've mentioned. Any other details you can give me?

I'm using the SS5

I downloaded the SS theme (SS-GBTHEME-JGMS) and the circle battery indicator and installed them via Clockwork

The phone took along time, but booted up just fine.

When I checked my contacts, I noticed that there weren't any there, so i then did a resync, but still nothing.

I logged into my google account online and all my contacts are there online. There just aren't showing up on the phone. I checked all the settings, but still no contacts are showing.

I then pressed the telephone icon,that should launch the dialer. But I get "application not installed"

Looking in my app try I now have an app called "call log" with a green icon. This was never there before. I know it's newly installed because Golauncher puts newly installed apps at the bottom of the list.

Guest TheManicGibbon
I'm using the SS5

I downloaded the SS theme (SS-GBTHEME-JGMS) and the circle battery indicator and installed them via Clockwork

The phone took along time, but booted up just fine.

When I checked my contacts, I noticed that there weren't any there, so i then did a resync, but still nothing.

I logged into my google account online and all my contacts are there online. There just aren't showing up on the phone. I checked all the settings, but still no contacts are showing.

I then pressed the telephone icon,that should launch the dialer. But I get "application not installed"

Looking in my app try I now have an app called "call log" with a green icon. This was never there before. I know it's newly installed because Golauncher puts newly installed apps at the bottom of the list.

So, you flashed SS-GBTHEME-JGMS, and then flashed SS-GBTHEME-circlemod-JGMS? What version of Clockwork do you have? And you only have to flash one of them, you choose to have the standard battery or the circle battery. That shouldn't have caused your problems though.

BTW, your phone takes a long time to reboot after flashing any theme because it's rebuilding the Dalvik cache. My theme also does not include an app called "Call log". Is the rest of the theme working, like the black notification bar and Gingerbread icons in settings? The only thing I can think of is that you have the AOSP dialer thing, and that's mucked it up somehow.

Only thing I can suggest, do a revert, and if that doesnt work, reinstall SS, WITHOUT wiping, should restore your contacts and dialer apps. I'm not sure as to why your contacts are missing though, as my my theme simply doesnt modify any files like this :unsure:

Will do my best to help, keep me updated.

Thanks for the reply. I the theme itself worked just fine. transparency, power widget etc.. I did try a revert but the problem was still there.

I will do a re-flash of spring and try again.

Reflashed just SS4 ASOP contacts zip and all works again now. Contacts back, dialler back and that green call log app has gone.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Reflashed just SS4 ASOP contacts zip and all works again now. Contacts back, dialler back and that green call log app has gone.

Good stuff :unsure:

Try flashing just the SS-GBTHEME-circlemod-JGMS theme now, and if something doesn't work again then it may be to do with the AOSP dialer and I'm looking into it...

EDIT: Actually, I'm not 100% sure if this would work...would be great if you could tell me?

EDIT 2: No, I don't think it will. I'll get you a fix for this ASAP

EDIT 3: Fix :)

What you have to do, is flash the SS-GBTHEME-circlemod-JGMS theme first. Then, without rebooting, flash the following addon, which is the AOSP dialer, which I have added the Gingerbread launcher icon to, then reboot. Everything should work now and be Gingerbread-y. Please let me know if this works!

SS-AOSPcontacts-JGMS link MD5:aebbd17184e50ff1f9ec15389b135b68

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Hey TheManicGibbon, I know you've got exams an all, (So do I :P) but I'm pretty sure I speak for alot of people when I say...

When is there going to be MORE themes?

I have used every single theme on here and the unified theme thread for Swedish Spring Rls5, and love your work, so I want more!