VTL-Launcher

Guest Logseman

Guest Logseman

I asked in XDA about tablet-specific launchers, since I'm not too happy about most launchers with docks to the right side of the screen... and it seems that I've been listened to. VTL Launcher is taken from ADW Launcher (even the themes made for ADW work with it!) which features a true horizontal dock.

Behold!

VTLLauncher1-300x175.png

VTLLauncher2-300x175.png

It works quite fluidly and I'm liking it so far.

Here's the latest APK: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/Launcher.apk

Discussion thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1017451

Edited by Logseman

Guest add.thebad
Looks good! Going to try it out hopefully it will have re-sizable widgets!

nice ive been looking for one aswell so good find!

looks slick will give it a go

Guest HunteronX
nice ive been looking for one aswell so good find!

looks slick will give it a go

Same here. This launcher is very fast, and I love the dock. I expect great things from this!

Edited by HunteronX

Guest simonta

Thanks for the link Logesman. Seems quicker than ADW, odd given that the base source is the same!

Quick FYI for Vegans. Occasionally, I click on an app on the drawer, the app doesn't start, the horizantal bar closes and the vertical bar opens with the 3 default short cuts. To get back to normal, restart VTL in settings.

Guest Kevrae

Quite like this launcher seems really fast, had to go back to launcher pro as I missed the Widgets really couldn't find anything to fill the rest of the screens.

Guest warriorscot

Looks ok but I don't even like a bar along the bottom of windows so it's not really got much appeal for me as I think a dock on the right hand side is more functional and easier to use(only needs a thumb).

Guest beegee1962

Nice launcher. like it. I guess it will replace ZEAM on my tablet.

Runs without problems yet. 5 screens, 8x8 grid, several widgets including scrolling widgets (pure messenger and pure agenda). Didnt try any themes.

Hope this is longer supported than ZEAM, which is great and stable, but unfortunately no longer in development.

Guest ace_dynamo
Looks ok but I don't even like a bar along the bottom of windows so it's not really got much appeal for me as I think a dock on the right hand side is more functional and easier to use(only needs a thumb).

Unless I'm mistaken in your issue with it, you can drag items from the dock at the bottom to both right and left-hand sides where they then dock instead.

Much prefer this launcher to the other few that i've tried (and I've only been on Android since Monday!)

Guest BiggerH

just installed this - great work

one thing - how do I access the stock media player now - the icon has gone and I can't see it in the apps listing?

Guest MaxiP

Like the look / feel of it but to make best use of the fixed rows of icons along the bottom I would need to be able to add widgets.

Apart from that, like it :-)

Guest premieral
Like the look / feel of it but to make best use of the fixed rows of icons along the bottom I would need to be able to add widgets.

Apart from that, like it :-)

do you mean add widgets to the dock bar?

you can add widgets to the page i have 4 on mine?

Guest premieral
Thanks for the link Logesman. Seems quicker than ADW, odd given that the base source is the same!

Quick FYI for Vegans. Occasionally, I click on an app on the drawer, the app doesn't start, the horizantal bar closes and the vertical bar opens with the 3 default short cuts. To get back to normal, restart VTL in settings.

Hi Simonta

i have noticed this happening a lot recently , do you have any idea what might be causing it or how to prevent it?

i only ask because i notice from your threads that you seem a lot more competent than me ( not difficult :D )

regards

Al

Guest MaxiP
do you mean add widgets to the dock bar?

you can add widgets to the page i have 4 on mine?

Yes - widgets on the dock bar (have several email accounts accessible & want direct link). When I added GMail Unread widget to desktop, it wouldn't let me move it to the dock bar,

Guest premieral
Yes - widgets on the dock bar (have several email accounts accessible & want direct link). When I added GMail Unread widget to desktop, it wouldn't let me move it to the dock bar,

i have my hotmail account linked to my dock but thats not a widget just an app, however i get notifications on the status bar, i presume you want something that will show you the first line of text or sender?

Guest MaxiP
i have my hotmail account linked to my dock but thats not a widget just an app, however i get notifications on the status bar, i presume you want something that will show you the first line of text or sender?

Kind off - I have 2 GMail accounts that I access from the Vega and use GMail unread widget to show how many unread (i.e. where mail has been received). It's probably the only widget that I would want on the dock. I know that I can use an app link but I'd like to do it so it opens the correct email account.