USB slave mode crashed my vega

Guest bidhan

Guest bidhan

I have installed the custom rom from modaco a month ealier. I wanted to use the USB as a slave so i tried to turn it to slave mode. Once it went to slave mode it restarted.

Then a message " starting usb slave protocol" displayed. Nothing happened. I remained still with that message on black background. I could not do anything.

In desperation and several attempts i again recovered the vega from myadvent vega website and updated custom rom again from modaco.

- I want to use the USB in slave mode but i am scared to turn it to slave mode. Can somebody please let me know what could be the problem and how can i overcome?

regards

Guest Sanddancer75

It's screwed my Vega up 3 times now, requiring me to reflash. I don't want to try it again. might be tempted to pick up a dock to play around with the next time I want to start plugging things into my Vega.

Guest simonta

If you get this, you do not have to reflash. Power the Vega off (hold power for about 8 seconds), then restart.

If the USB switcher doesn't work for you, then try custom kernels and ROMs from Buzzing Bee or Corvus. You can select the mode during boot. Instructions are in the relevant posts.