Wonky bluetooth?

Guest CrArC

Guest CrArC

Does anyone know of any examples of the Vega bluetooth peripheral being rubbish?

I'm trying to connect to my plantronics BackBeat903+ headphones (which work beautifully with my Dell Sreak) but when I activate bluetooth on the Vega, the wifi often locks up. When I eventually coax that back into life, and try streaming say, a youtube video with the headset on, the audio is disjointed and buggy.

Same if I launch a game on an app, though. Unusable audio!

I tried using Astro to bluetooth files between my phablet and tablet but although they can browse each other, file operations throw a java.io.exception error with "can't find device at address (blah)".

Might try and track down other bluetooth devices to test but thus far it's very discouraging. I'd love to use my headset with the Vega, especially because the headphone socket leaves something to be desired!

Guest Squire_Au
Does anyone know of any examples of the Vega bluetooth peripheral being rubbish?

I'm trying to connect to my plantronics BackBeat903+ headphones (which work beautifully with my Dell Sreak) but when I activate bluetooth on the Vega, the wifi often locks up. When I eventually coax that back into life, and try streaming say, a youtube video with the headset on, the audio is disjointed and buggy.

Same if I launch a game on an app, though. Unusable audio!

I tried using Astro to bluetooth files between my phablet and tablet but although they can browse each other, file operations throw a java.io.exception error with "can't find device at address (blah)".

Might try and track down other bluetooth devices to test but thus far it's very discouraging. I'd love to use my headset with the Vega, especially because the headphone socket leaves something to be desired!

I'm having interesting things happening with bluetooth, as well. I use a set of Motorola S305 bluetooth headphones, they're great with my Nokia 6120 classic phone, and pretty good with everything else I've used as well. Except the Vega. Using the standard Vega music player, with wifi off, they work fine. I press the pause button and the music pauses, but to start it again I've gotta unpause it on the Vega. And if I use Andless to play a FLAC file, I press pause on the headphones, and the music doesn't stop... instead it starts up whatever was last playing on the standard Vega music player. So I get two songs simultaneously. Gotta be seriously whacked to listen to that. I press pause on the phones again, and the second song stops. Seems that the stock music player is responding to the bluetooth pause, NOT Andless. I'd love to wipe the stock music player completely and use something good, but not sure how without causing problems. I guess if I kill something I can always restore from backups.

Using bluetooth and wifi simultaneously is pretty much impossible. It cuts out and farts around, and is impossible to listen to. Pity. I believe it's software (or firmware) related. The same chip is used for wifi and bluetooth, maybe there's a bus contention issue.

Until it's sorted, I only use my bluetooth headphones when the wifi is off. Like when I'm camping. Any other time, I use my normal wired headphones. Which have the advantages of blocking out whatever pap my wife is watching on the TV.

I have no problems with the headphone socket.

PW

Guest seryoferben

I'm also having issues with bluetooth and wi-fi. When I connect my wiimote to my POV, I can't use wi-fi until the device is restarted (it seems that is connected to my wi-fi AP, but the web browser and other app's that uses internet doesn't work).

Regards! :D

Guest simonta

Whilst there's a Wifi Bluetooth thread active...

I accidentally clicked Airplane Mode. Now, I can't activate b'tooth. Says I can't because I'm in airplane mode. Toggled airplane on and off a few times with reboots still no good. What's weird is that I can turn Wifi on fine, just not b'tooth.

I can wipe if I need to but does anyone know where Android stores the persistent settings for stuff like airplane mode, Wifi on etc?

Cheers

Guest CrArC

I accidentally clicked Airplane Mode. Now, I can't activate b'tooth. Says I can't because I'm in airplane mode. Toggled airplane on and off a few times with reboots still no good. What's weird is that I can turn Wifi on fine, just not b'tooth.

I can wipe if I need to but does anyone know where Android stores the persistent settings for stuff like airplane mode, Wifi on etc?

Cheers

I don't unfortuantely - but I have had it lock up on me like that myself. A few frantic mashes of the controls later it unstuck itself, though.

I'm all for fiddling around with a product to make it the best that it can be, but I gotta be honest.. Between this, the sound, the accelerometer, the screen, and the Honeycomb limbo, the romance is quickly beginning to fade. :D

I just find this level of inoperability rather unacceptable. I'm in two minds to return it, because I can't just wait for a software fix for everything, yet I don't know what tablet I could get instead. At some point I'd like to just get on with using the tablet rather than fixing it.

Guest simonta

Cheers

I went digging....

Settings are stored in /data/data/android.com.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

I used Droid Explorer's built in SQL client to update the airplane_mode_on value to 0, it seemed to be set on 1, then rebooted. All good now.