Vega Tablet to PC via HDMI Sound Syncing Issue

Guest JDubz67

Guest JDubz67

Currently have Vega Tablet connected to TV via HDMI streaming BBC Iplayer. Unfortunately although picture is great there is a problem with the audio syncing both on the Tablet and the TV. When I remove the HDMI cable sound syncs on Tablet no problem but as soon as plugged back into TV there is a lag. Would it be the cable? The cable works fine with a standard Laptop connected to the TV.

Guest trevor432990
Currently have Vega Tablet connected to TV via HDMI streaming BBC Iplayer. Unfortunately although picture is great there is a problem with the audio syncing both on the Tablet and the TV. When I remove the HDMI cable sound syncs on Tablet no problem but as soon as plugged back into TV there is a lag. Would it be the cable? The cable works fine with a standard Laptop connected to the TV.

When you say the cable works fine have you tried running iPlayer on your laptop to the TV to see if it has the same sync issue yet? :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Jaymac

I have the same problem with the Vega. When I connect it to my TV via HDMI, the sound is a long way out of sync with the picture. If I'm playing a video file from the SD card, the sound quite quickly drifts out of sync, up to 30 seconds or more. If I then un-plug the HDMI cable, the video speeds up until it comes back into sync with the sound, and then resumes normal speed.

The same problem occurs when watching internet video content, Youtube etc, it's as if the

the video is playing slightly slow, and the sound playing at normal speed, Very strange.

Could it be some sort of delay due to the video up-scaling process.

I'm using the basic stock video player.

Has anyone any ideas.

John.

Guest Jaymac
I have the same problem with the Vega. When I connect it to my TV via HDMI, the sound is a long way out of sync with the picture. If I'm playing a video file from the SD card, the sound quite quickly drifts out of sync, up to 30 seconds or more. If I then un-plug the HDMI cable, the video speeds up until it comes back into sync with the sound, and then resumes normal speed.

The same problem occurs when watching internet video content, Youtube etc, it's as if the

the video is playing slightly slow, and the sound playing at normal speed, Very strange.

Could it be some sort of delay due to the video up-scaling process.

I'm using the basic stock video player.

Has anyone any ideas.

John.

After further tests, it only seems to happen when playing MP4 files, and watching Youtube vids. BBC i-player, .avi and .wmv files seem to play OK, although iplayer is very low quality, very blocky and slow rendering.

Guest davethechamp

I To Have been struggling with this problem - video plays fine with the audio going out of sync. I have tried files from SD card, External HDD and whilst Docked and all give the same issue. My "test" video is an episode of mythbusters in AVi format.

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables with no discernable improvement. (Vega with Corvus5 on a Technika 26" full HD 1080p1920 x 1200 TV)

So then I tried My parents TV (sharp Aquos 32" HD ready 1366 x 768 TV) and it Worked fine. No slowness and reasnable quality.

I dont really know what this means in trying to get it to work on my tv, except it looks like the vega is having trouble out putting to 1080??

(I should point out I tested the HDMI connection on my TV with a Blue-ray player and that was fine!!)

Any ideas / suggestions / thoughts???

Dave

Guest bpharoah
I To Have been struggling with this problem - video plays fine with the audio going out of sync. I have tried files from SD card, External HDD and whilst Docked and all give the same issue. My "test" video is an episode of mythbusters in AVi format.

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables with no discernable improvement. (Vega with Corvus5 on a Technika 26" full HD 1080p1920 x 1200 TV)

So then I tried My parents TV (sharp Aquos 32" HD ready 1366 x 768 TV) and it Worked fine. No slowness and reasnable quality.

I dont really know what this means in trying to get it to work on my tv, except it looks like the vega is having trouble out putting to 1080??

(I should point out I tested the HDMI connection on my TV with a Blue-ray player and that was fine!!)

Any ideas / suggestions / thoughts???

Dave

I had this issue too, and although the stock player is behaving for me now, at the time I got round it by using the Software Decoding option in Rockplayer.

Guest Yogimax
I had this issue too, and although the stock player is behaving for me now, at the time I got round it by using the Software Decoding option in Rockplayer.

Or try the software decoding option in the free MoboPlayer - however I personally find streaming more than the Vega's native resolution (1024 x 600) or at best 720P less than successful!

Guest davethechamp

Thank you for the suggestion!!

Software decoding using both rock player and moboplayer worked a treat. My video now plays back with audio in sync.

Much appreciate the help :P

dave