Broken Vega screen

Guest Markb21

Guest Markb21

Hi,

New to the Site today and to Forums so not sure if I am posting correctly but here goes anyway. Does anyone know where I can get my Vega screen repaired? I only bought it a few weeks ago and have cracked the screen but the Digitizer still works OK.

Many thanks.

Guest Markb21
Do you mean you've cracked the glass over the display?

Yeah, the glass has cracked down the left hand side, any ideas on where I might be able to get if fixed?

Guest DublinGuy
Yeah, the glass has cracked down the left hand side, any ideas on where I might be able to get if fixed?

+1 :D

It slide off the sofa on yesterday and I have a rather angry looking crack in the glass now. Display and digitiser all working fine, even directly under the crack. But it looks awful B)

post-851338-1301876630_thumb.jpg

Guest hazor
+1 :D

It slide off the sofa on yesterday and I have a rather angry looking crack in the glass now. Display and digitiser all working fine, even directly under the crack. But it looks awful B)

post-851338-1301876630_thumb.jpg

I've experienced same problem on Jan.

and then exchanged the screen on service center in S.Korea. (the clerk says that "you must change both touch pannel & screen d/t they are fixed like one")

cost is 200,000 Kr won. (-> 114.10 GBP)

is there someone who changed the screen with other one?

In my country, some users try that. but no one made results, until now.

Edited by hazor

Guest hazor
+1, cracked screen too.

Anyone knows where to get parts?

Finally, one man in korea, had exchanged it with Pixel QI LCD pannel

He showed his vega on the community of korean ux100 users group

but he did not mentioned the method or tips for exchanging panel . (so I asked that, and now waiting the reply)

the link is http://cafe.naver.com/webmachines/9673 , but that community is not opened

This is the way to see that post

1. go to "www.naver.com" and copy "ux100 픽셀치" to search bar

2. click the first article that showing..

Edited by hazor

Guest Vansphone
Finally, one man in korea, had exchanged it with Pixel QI LCD pannel

He showed his vega on the community of korean ux100 users group

but he did not mentioned the method or tips for exchanging panel . (so I asked that, and now waiting the reply)

the link is http://cafe.naver.com/webmachines/9673 , but that community is not opened

This is the way to see that post

1. go to "www.naver.com" and copy "ux100 픽셀치" to search bar

2. click the first article that showing..

The only place I have found where I could buy on is here:

Pixel QI DIY screen

With shipping to the UK it works out to be about £190 plus customs so it will work out to be the same cost as buying a new Vega. So before I even thought about buying one I would need to know it would work.

Guest RielN
The only place I have found where I could buy on is here:

Pixel QI DIY screen

With shipping to the UK it works out to be about £190 plus customs so it will work out to be the same cost as buying a new Vega. So before I even thought about buying one I would need to know it would work.

I got the repair costs for replacing the touch panel.

they say it's LCD+Touch panel as one piece. Repairs cost 120 euro's. .. that's quite much, since the LCD panels are not that expensive...

Anyone knows if it is true that this is one piece?

regards,

Riel

Guest DublinGuy
I got the repair costs for replacing the touch panel.

they say it's LCD+Touch panel as one piece. Repairs cost 120 euro's. .. that's quite much, since the LCD panels are not that expensive...

Anyone knows if it is true that this is one piece?

regards,

Riel

Various of the teardowns and threads that talk about trying to replace the screen (for a better one, rather than cos its broken) have said the screen is difficult to separate from the glass front piece as it is glued in. Can I ask where you got that quote for €120 from?

Guest RielN
Various of the teardowns and threads that talk about trying to replace the screen (for a better one, rather than cos its broken) have said the screen is difficult to separate from the glass front piece as it is glued in. Can I ask where you got that quote for €120 from?

I got a PoV Mobii 2 and contacted them. This is what they offer:

prijs opgave:

LCD screen (+ glass) €92.00

Cover (A en B side) €46.15 (if needed)

Repairs €31.00

Retour costs € 8.50

EX 19% BTW (VAT)

The 120 is 92 + 8 for sending, + 19%.

Guest Vansphone
I got a PoV Mobii 2 and contacted them. This is what they offer:

prijs opgave:

LCD screen (+ glass) €92.00

Cover (A en B side) €46.15 (if needed)

Repairs €31.00

Retour costs € 8.50

EX 19% BTW (VAT)

The 120 is 92 + 8 for sending, + 19%.

Can you provide a link or URL?

Thanks

Guest DublinGuy

Sooo,

The crack spread and spread to the point where it was annoying to use it :) So I decided to take the plunge and take the baby apart, see if I could figure out if the front glass is replaceable.

Taking the vega apart is fairly easy (though I wouldn't lay odds on my ability to get it all back together :) ). The screen is glued in place but a brief run over with a paint heat gun and it came off fairly handy. Underneath that is the digitizer, front cover and glass. There is a part number on the digitizer cable. This led to finding the part. It is a Mildex 101H11A1, looks like it is supplied by 2 places in taiwan, for example...

http://www.gwinc.com.tw/products/index.php...rint&id=202

As you can see it is the whole of the front of it with the glass and digitizer bonded together as one part. Unfortunately the part doesn't appear to be available in any of the usual spare parts sites :)

Any one able to read the gwinc site? I can't imagine they can ship to europe for less than the cost of getting the full screen/front replacement part but you never know...

c

Guest Vansphone
Sooo,

The crack spread and spread to the point where it was annoying to use it :) So I decided to take the plunge and take the baby apart, see if I could figure out if the front glass is replaceable.

Taking the vega apart is fairly easy (though I wouldn't lay odds on my ability to get it all back together :) ). The screen is glued in place but a brief run over with a paint heat gun and it came off fairly handy. Underneath that is the digitizer, front cover and glass. There is a part number on the digitizer cable. This led to finding the part. It is a Mildex 101H11A1, looks like it is supplied by 2 places in taiwan, for example...

http://www.gwinc.com.tw/products/index.php...rint&id=202

As you can see it is the whole of the front of it with the glass and digitizer bonded together as one part. Unfortunately the part doesn't appear to be available in any of the usual spare parts sites :)

Any one able to read the gwinc site? I can't imagine they can ship to europe for less than the cost of getting the full screen/front replacement part but you never know...

c

Did you happen to note the part number of the screen?

Guest DublinGuy

just to say that the manufacturer isn't willing to sell the product to end users, they say refer to the OEM. I contacted a rep from Currys on a local support forum here in Ireland and he says there is no repair option for tablets and they don't stock any parts :)

Is anyone from Advent/Currys reading these boards? The glass on this baby seems particularly fragile for a mobile device, if it cracks falling from a sofa to the floor you are going to see a lot of cracked Vegas! Is there any possibility of offering either the glass front (part 101H11A1) or both the front and the screen as a part?

• 1 month later...
Guest Vega Tech

Hi yes the screen and digitizer come as one unit. You could try the new Knowhow service for fix and repair i think u give them a idea how much yow want to spend to get it fixed.