Vega Wifi connection prob after update?

Guest Noirpierre

Guest Noirpierre

Hello

Just have updated a recently bought Vega to the latest 1.09 image, before I want to install the Modaco Custom ROM etc.

After reading help files to install USB driver etc, I then installed the 1.09 image file. Great! Now there is touch screen calibration and Flash! Seems to have installed no problem!

Except... despite a strong wifi signal, I cannot access the internet (and unable to set up mail etc). Pages won't load etc.

Prior to this, I presume in the previous image 1.08, it connected with no problem to the internet and mail was working fine (though on a different router in another house).

Despite going through the forums for the past couple of hours, I can't find a specific problem (yet) relating to strong wifi signal but with no internet access after an image update.

Some talk on forums of channels of routers... my router is a Thomson 585 v6, (various other gadgets and PCs work fine, and it sees the Vega, connection is strong etc).

Help! Not sure what to do next - is it the Vega or my router? Am rather lost now... :D

Guest simonta

Strong signal is not enough. Signal to noise ratio is much more important.

1. Install Wifi Buddy. Somewhere in advanced settings for it, set the regulatory domain to 14 channels.

2. Install Wifi Analyser, find a clean channel, change our router to use that channel.

3. If you know what you're doing, install Wifi static and use static IP for Vega.

• 1 month later...
Guest Noirpierre
Hello

Just have updated a recently bought Vega to the latest 1.09 image, before I want to install the Modaco Custom ROM etc.

After reading help files to install USB driver etc, I then installed the 1.09 image file. Great! Now there is touch screen calibration and Flash! Seems to have installed no problem!

Except... despite a strong wifi signal, I cannot access the internet (and unable to set up mail etc). Pages won't load etc.

Prior to this, I presume in the previous image 1.08, it connected with no problem to the internet and mail was working fine (though on a different router in another house).

Despite going through the forums for the past couple of hours, I can't find a specific problem (yet) relating to strong wifi signal but with no internet access after an image update.

Some talk on forums of channels of routers... my router is a Thomson 585 v6, (various other gadgets and PCs work fine, and it sees the Vega, connection is strong etc).

Help! Not sure what to do next - is it the Vega or my router? Am rather lost now... :unsure:

Back again. Thanks for previous suggestions. OK so I established that the Vega didn't want to work with the Speedtouch router, so bought a Netgear instead. Result! Good strong signal, and happiness playing around in Android's app market thing... installed some, deleted some... and after feeling so happy, decided to try to tether or link a Nokia N8 to the Vega.

No result, it didn't work, and now the Vega will not connect to the network/router it was so happily connected moments before. It sees the network, tries to connect, and then can't. Installed WiFi Buddy to look at the channels situation, and tried to change channels on the router. Still not connecting, though seeing. So far, I have twice factory reset the tablet and re flashed (fi that is the right term. ie. to get the market and flash player capability) the tablet, and still the same problem. No connection. In fact, exactly the same issue is back again that I had with the Thomson router... ???

Anyone can say why it worked and then it didn't? Is it time to return it? What could have gone wrong?

Guest winnipeg
Hello

Help! Not sure what to do next - is it the Vega or my router? Am rather lost now... :unsure:

I have had problems with some makes of Wifi APs I think D-Link and 3Com maybe one other brand. Connects tries to get an address - disconnects - starts the loop again.

Router at home O2 / (speedtouch) Router OK, HTC Wildfire as hotspot OK. There is also another thread somewhere on here with similar WiFi problems, read a few weeks ago,

Current on my Vega is 1.09 then flashed with R8.

Not had time for more investigation.

Best maybe to look at the packets with Wireshark or similar to see what is happening. But as usual - not enough time :)

Just replied to pass on the info. Sorry I have no solution..........