Anyway of getting apks to automatically install on sd?

Guest maverick6378

Guest maverick6378

Hi all,

Is there anyway of getting apks to automatically install to sd i.e ext 2 or 3?, the miui rom im running on my desire works fine using this.

On the vega I have to create a link via link2sd, I have tried installing app2sd but half of the progs it doesnt allow to move to sd.

Any ideas guys?

Guest simonta

There are several apps on the market that let you change the default install location. I haven't tried it on my Vega but works fine on my Desire.

Guest maverick6378
There are several apps on the market that let you change the default install location. I haven't tried it on my Vega but works fine on my Desire.

Hi simon,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried app2sd but not very good can you name any?.

On my desire with miui rom everything automatically installs to ext 3, with the vega it all mainly installs to the tabs ram and gets full quickly and the majority has to get linked via link2sd and even then doesnt free up that much space for some reason still a lot remains on tabs ram.

Guest mintvilla
Hi simon,

On my desire with miui rom everything automatically installs to ext 3, with the vega it all mainly installs to the tabs ram and gets full quickly and the majority has to get linked via link2sd and even then doesnt free up that much space for some reason still a lot remains on tabs ram.

I havnt tried this but it should work. If you download the cm7 rom at xda, then use rom manager to partition the sd card. You should be able to then install S2E off the android market. Thats what i have on my htc desire. For all these froyo ones, am not too sure

Guest Grunchking
Hi simon,

I think that you may have misunderstood. There are apps that change the default install location. On the Vega, the default is internal and unless you change the location, apps2sd or link2sd are the only option. With the default location set to SD, all apps will install there directly except those not marked by the developer as being capable of being installed (more often than not, by omission or through ignorance). Most apps that don't install there can then be moved by link2sd, which in my experience does a better job than app2sd. I'm sure searching the market for "install location" will quickly yield results.

Apologies in advance it it's me who has misunderstood.

Guest Touch Graphite

Any suggestions for these tools or any ways to free up on a NON ROOTED desire!?

I understand that non rooted devices cant get access to system/app folder on the device but I can via OI File manager!?

Guest mintvilla
Any suggestions for these tools or any ways to free up on a NON ROOTED desire!?

I understand that non rooted devices cant get access to system/app folder on the device but I can via OI File manager!?

Do you not think that question is better suited on the xda desire forum, than the vega forum