gen1 to gen2 and gen2 to gen1, windows flashing only

Guest hecatae

Guest JamesKing
If you read up properly you'll see that the mount as USB drive is broken in the version of clockwork that is bundled into the flasher.

Yes, thanks, I've noticed that now (edited my post above).

It would be good if the explanation was included in the guide, as it's the first question that sprung to mind for me.

Anyone got any idea how to repartition gen2 phone? I am now on 128mb system partition but from what i know CM7 needs slightly bigger system partition, around 140mb. How can I revert to standard system partition? I was looking around on forum but no clues...

I would also like to know. I have asked this question in the Gen1 to Gen2 poll thread too. All information seems to be regarding partitioning during the initial upgrade process. I am wondering if I can somehow re-run the flasher.exe and update a gen2 to gen2 new layout?

Problem is... clockwork mod recovery is installed and I can't figure a way to get FTM back on

Guest unrandomsam
Well, USb mounting is just disabled in cwm 3.0.2.4 and some people are saying that it's not working in 3.0.1.4, though I'm not sure of that. Try downgrading to 3.0.0.8 and then mounting USB. and then you can use adb to push the file.

usb mounting works perfectly fine in 3.0.2.4

All you have to do is

reboot clockwork mod once.

Guest unrandomsam
Power on + vol + isn't working for me... Just going straight to clockwork...?

I already did the conversion but since then cant access the phone via pc or copy the rom zip to the card...

I do have CM7 N39 on the card but not the Gen2 conversion CM zip or gapps...

What would happen if I installed CM7 then tried to reboot? Would USB under clockwork work?

what version of clockwork are you running ?

Guest zabtcent
I would also like to know. I have asked this question in the Gen1 to Gen2 poll thread too. All information seems to be regarding partitioning during the initial upgrade process. I am wondering if I can somehow re-run the flasher.exe and update a gen2 to gen2 new layout?

Problem is... clockwork mod recovery is installed and I can't figure a way to get FTM back on

Yeah hard to find any info, but maybe we could flash stock recovery from GEN1 to GEN2 guide again( this would bring the FTM back) and then repeat the whole process with flasher and use the standard partition flasher...but it's just maybe, I wonder is it safe?..Maybe someone knows the answer ... ;-)

SO how is it DEV's??

Guest hecatae
Yeah hard to find any info, but maybe we could flash stock recovery from GEN1 to GEN2 guide again( this would bring the FTM back) and then repeat the whole process with flasher and use the standard partition flasher...but it's just maybe, I wonder is it safe?..Maybe someone knows the answer ... ;-)

SO how is it DEV's??

re run the flasher, the guide on fisrt page has been updated

I thought that... but unfortunately there is no way to load FTM as during the original flash process it is replaced by clockworkmod using Kallt_Kaffe's update :)

Guest zabtcent

Perfect..Great to hear. God Bless the Modaco Dev's..Hehe...And our beloved Blades

Guest zabtcent
I thought that... but unfortunately there is no way to load FTM as during the original flash process it is replaced by clockworkmod using Kallt_Kaffe's update :)

Yes, but you have the stock recovery image in the package. Flash it from Clockwork and you will have the stock recovery back again and FTM mode m8.

Yes, but you have the stock recovery image in the package. Flash it from Clockwork and you will have the stock recovery back again and FTM mode m8.

Ah thank you for the information... I had gone to gen2 before packages had been made so I'd not noticed that there was one with the FTM included. Now, just to see if I dare risk my IMEI.... it was scary enough the first time :)

Guest unrandomsam
Ah thank you for the information... I had gone to gen2 before packages had been made so I'd not noticed that there was one with the FTM included. Now, just to see if I dare risk my IMEI.... it was scary enough the first time :)

There is no risk to your imei unless you try to go back to gen1.

(even then there is apparantly a qualcomm tool you can fix it with.)

Guest Maringer
And this method is confirmed of not messing up with my IMEI number?

btw, why is that even so big deal? :F

It's illegal in the UK (and possibly in some other countries).

I believe it may also cause some problems with some network services?

Guest JayGB1982

Is there an app or a way to tell if HUSPA is working? either the radio or if your carrier uses it in the area?

Mr pigfish reports my blade as GEN2 so i presume it now supports HUSPA but wanted to test.

Also I am having clockwork issues... Like I can't access it.. ROM Manager says it's there tried rolling back a couple versions but I cannot access clockwork after doing this GEN2 conversion.

Also a point to note is that the standard clockwork installed during this conversion process does NOT allow USB mount.

Guest shadowninty
Is there an app or a way to tell if HUSPA is working? either the radio or if your carrier uses it in the area?

Mr pigfish reports my blade as GEN2 so i presume it now supports HUSPA but wanted to test.

Also I am having clockwork issues... Like I can't access it.. ROM Manager says it's there tried rolling back a couple versions but I cannot access clockwork after doing this GEN2 conversion.

Also a point to note is that the standard clockwork installed during this conversion process does NOT allow USB mount.

ROM Managers Clockwork is not compatible with Gen2

Use Seb's

Guest JayGB1982

OK I just installed the ZTE recovery apk but keeps force closing on me?

I have sebs recovery image ready to go...Do I need to remove ROM Managers Clockwork?

Guest JimJam707
I don't suppose someone could do a YouTube video of a step by step tutorial of how to do this? I think it'd help the more nervous (mainly me :$) to get it right and not bricking it in the process. It'd be good to show us how to use the program and then flash new GEN 2 Clockwork? I think it'd be a great help to the MoDaCo ZTE community.

This is a great idea.

Any takers? :)

Guest frenchdroid

Hi

I did read the whole thread, honest.

I just wanted to check that I understood something correctly. By using the appropriate partition option, will I end up with as much free internal memory as I do when using WBAW's partition mod (which of course, isn't for gen2 yet) ?

Thanks

Guest unrandomsam
It's illegal in the UK (and possibly in some other countries).

I believe it may also cause some problems with some network services?

*CHANGING* your IMEI is illegal.

Returning it to what it was is not.

Guest XStyhler

I updated my Phone to Gen2 without Problems :)

But my Recovery is still 3.0.1.4. Isn't 3.0.2.4 the only Gen2 Supported Recovery?

If I want to flash a new Recovery, do I need the Gen2 Recovery because I updated to Gen2 or do I still need the Gen1 Recovery because my Phone originally is Gen1?

Please help, I'm confused....

Guest css771
I updated my Phone to Gen2 without Problems :)

But my Recovery is still 3.0.1.4. Isn't 3.0.2.4 the only Gen2 Supported Recovery?

If I want to flash a new Recovery, do I need the Gen2 Recovery because I updated to Gen2 or do I still need the Gen1 Recovery because my Phone originally is Gen1?

Please help, I'm confused....

Once you convert to gen2, let go entirely of gen1. Your phone is now gen2, and everything you flash - recoveries, ROMs,.. everything needs to be gen2.

Guest ken218

Thanks for the new guide. I think it makes much sense than the old one. I upgraded with the old guide and during the process I really hoped it was made more clear.

Guest t0mm13b
Has anyone tried the Gen 1 to Gen 2 process using Windows within a Virtual Machine ?

I would steer clear of doing it in a virtual machine.... :)

You'd be better to do it on a pure native Windows machine .....