adding the clockwork recovery mod

Guest polly69

Guest polly69

Im new to all this so need a little help, ive installed the r8 rom but im now wondering if that includes the clockwork mod as the icons are on the vega or do i need to install that separately to be able to just upgrade from the SD with ease and if i do need to add that separately can i install that on top of the r8 rom. I tried to boot into the recovery with the app but it just hung is this because its not installed.

Guest Sanddancer75

It can be added in the kitchen, but I don't know if it's in the pre-baked ROM. You could always download Vega Tools 3 (search on here) & install it from your PC if you don't have it.

I downnloaded from the Market - but do not know what to do with it. I was hoping to install the accelleromter fix but do not know how.p

Guest Sanddancer75

I've not ran the fix myself, but running recovery should restart your Vega & load the ClockworkMod. From in there you should be able to install the zip file that you've downloaded.

Guest Tony Williams
Im new to all this so need a little help, ive installed the r8 rom but im now wondering if that includes the clockwork mod as the icons are on the vega or do i need to install that separately to be able to just upgrade from the SD with ease and if i do need to add that separately can i install that on top of the r8 rom. I tried to boot into the recovery with the app but it just hung is this because its not installed.

I`d suggest starting with this thread HERE :D

Guest El Nino9
I`d suggest starting with this thread HERE :D

as i don't have one yet, i would only go on the basis of this being implemented in 99% of devices. clockworks Rom manager probably has an option for "noobs" to flash recoveries through that app without all that adb stuff. since the OP has the r8, it comes with rom manager so no harm in looking in it and trying to find it.

but that above link mentioned will definitely work.

how ever i do recommend getting to grips with adb as that helps at latter stages.