Tabmail stopped receiving emails

Guest frankquattrone

Guest frankquattrone

Hi, wonder if anyone has run into this problem before. I was using Tabmail on Steve's 1.9 and everything was working great. Suddenly last Thursday Mar 31, I stopped getting emails. Everytime I hit refresh, it would say "connection error". My calendar and contacts were updating so it wasn't a problem with connecting to Exchange. I thought I fixed it by clearing data from email and adding it back. I have it set to download 2 weeks worth of emails and it started downloading all the emails again but when it got Thursday Mar 31, it stopped again and once again I got the "connection error". Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Is there some glitch about Mar 31? Thanks.

So, I was just testing things out. Turns out it is syncing still because if I delete an older email on my Streak, it disappears from my Exchange inbox on my PC's Outlook a few seconds later. I can also send emails. This is very bizarre. Can someone help? I can only get away with replying to old emails for so long before people from work start accusing me of not working for the whole month of April!

Edited by frankquattrone

Guest frankquattrone

Ok, so I think I figured it out. I think my company implemented server side security on our exchange server. I had to delete my exchange account, go into Settings->Locations & Security and activate both a screen lock (which apparently is required by my company) as well as making Tabmail a Device Administrator. I only figured this out because I used my girlfriend's Tab to connect to exchange and it worked except that during the set up, it gave me a warning that my company had set server side security and then made me do the two things I just mentioned before completing the account set up. I found that going through set up on the Streak and Tabmail, I didn't get that warning and so it would connect but wouldn't receive emails (but would send, connect to contacts & calendar). Hope that helps.