[rom] Cyanogen 7 + tablet tweeks

Guest add.thebad

Guest dibbles
I use super manager its free from market and does absolutely loads as well as uninstall/delete system apks but as a safety measure it defaults to read only so you can't accidentally delete system stuff

That sounds to be quite impressive. I like the default setting as well. I think that I will try that out. Thanks.

Edited by dibbles

Guest warriorscot

If you find a nightly that works for you its best to stick with them. For example some of the nightlies have almost no wireless sleep issues but some do so if you get one that works stick with it a while at least until a significant new nightly comes out.

Guest IaMHcG

Hi, i am thinking about flashing the nightly rom for a try. After viewing all the reply, i still couldn't decide which build to flash.

By the way, i have tried the newest 113 version and it was a no go because the wifi kept scanning and couldn't find my wifi signal.

Can any one kindly recommend me a relatively stable and least-bugged build to begin with ? Thank you so much.

Edited by IaMHcG

Guest IaMHcG
103 has been stable for me, no issues what so ever.

Then 103 it is. I am gonna try it out today. thank you for sharing the info.

==============

edit:

Ooops. It says "file not found", I can't download the 103 build. Is there any way or anywhere to download this build?

========

edit 2:

Okay. I found a mirror site in google. Got it.

Edited by IaMHcG

Guest Neilkt

Morning all. Installed 112 but found that I'm getting a complete freeze up mainly whilst using internet based apps or browser. It has come back to me occassionally if i left it for 5mins then force close the app or browser. Its close between this rom and corvus5 but even corvus5 froze on me. I did a complete wipe etc. Has anyone else found this problem? Loving it otherwise.

Guest dibbles
Morning all. Installed 112 but found that I'm getting a complete freeze up mainly whilst using internet based apps or browser. It has come back to me occassionally if i left it for 5mins then force close the app or browser. Its close between this rom and corvus5 but even corvus5 froze on me. I did a complete wipe etc. Has anyone else found this problem? Loving it otherwise.

Both myself and my wife have used build 112 since it was released and we have had zero problems with it. Both units are overclocked to 1400mhz. Could overclocking be your problem..? Also we are both using the Dolphin browser, if that makes a difference..?

Guest Neilkt
Both myself and my wife have used build 112 since it was released and we have had zero problems with it. Both units are overclocked to 1400mhz. Could overclocking be your problem..? Also we are both using the Dolphin browser, if that makes a difference..?

I'm overclocking to 1.2 and using dolphin browser also. I might do a complete re-install. At least I know its not the cm7, thanks for the info. It may be an app causing a problem that I have backed up through titanium. Cheers.

Guest premieral
I'm overclocking to 1.2 and using dolphin browser also. I might do a complete re-install. At least I know its not the cm7, thanks for the info. It may be an app causing a problem that I have backed up through titanium. Cheers.

i had a lot of issues with an install of corvus a while back so i flashed back to stock from advent web site then re installed corvus and now cm7 112 and have had zero problems since.

sometimes a complete clear out is needed :)

Guest dibbles

Brightness...

Has anyone noticed that when you set the brightness to the highest possible and then switch the unit off and reboot it the brightness will still show to be full, under settings. But if you move the adjustment bar just a little left and right you can then get another increased level of brightness which will remain until you then reboot the unit..?

Guest Neilkt
i had a lot of issues with an install of corvus a while back so i flashed back to stock from advent web site then re installed corvus and now cm7 112 and have had zero problems since.

sometimes a complete clear out is needed :)

Yes I think that might be the way to. I came from the Corvus Rom before cm7. That's me busy whilst watching the f1 qualifying! Ta.

Guest premieral
Yes I think that might be the way to. I came from the Corvus Rom before cm7. That's me busy whilst watching the f1 qualifying! Ta.

ha good thinking , just sat here bored at work think i will check iplayer for qualifying :)

Guest IaMHcG

hi, after installing cm7 103 build, everything seems perfect. I totally love this Rom. The only tiny problem is that G-sensor seems not working very well.

When I play Hungry Shark, I just cant't figure out the direction of G-sensor. Also, there is no g-sensor calibration in the setting menu like Froyo is. Is there any way to finetune the G-sensor? thanks.

Guest premieral
anyone used RC1? I tried this ROM when was first out and was too buggy, is it better now? I mean 100% usable as a main ROM

It has been 100% usable for sometime now and is less buggy than any other rom I have tried

Guest premieral
Where do i download cm7 from.

I tryed from the 1st post,but it says page unavalable

i have just downloaded cm7 n118 so page is working, it may be your provider or it amy have been down and now is up.

i know people on bt networks were struggling a while ago with some download sites

i have just downloaded cm7 n118 so page is working, it may be your provider or it amy have been down and now is up.

i know people on bt networks were struggling a while ago with some download sites

I tried RC1 yesterday and found it a real struggle to install the GAPPS zip file, it kept saying it was corrupt when trying from within CWM. Downloading it in ROM Manager, and then loading it in through that worked - although that method doesn't work as it should I guess and I still had to manually reboot to recovery.

Flashed the remove phone zip, but still see the standby using up my battery in usage. I also found it annoying that the phone bars icon is still there and a few messages mention phone as opposed to tablet.

Small things I know, but seemed relevant for a VEGA specific build.

Otherwise seems a good ROM, but again (like with Vegacomb) I'm not sure what benefit this is bringing me over my Corvus5 2.2 build for generic everyday tablet use i.e. web browsing, email, comic viewing and the odd game of GRave Defense HD.

Guest premieral
I tried RC1 yesterday and found it a real struggle to install the GAPPS zip file, it kept saying it was corrupt when trying from within CWM. Downloading it in ROM Manager, and then loading it in through that worked - although that method doesn't work as it should I guess and I still had to manually reboot to recovery.

Flashed the remove phone zip, but still see the standby using up my battery in usage. I also found it annoying that the phone bars icon is still there and a few messages mention phone as opposed to tablet.

Small things I know, but seemed relevant for a VEGA specific build.

Otherwise seems a good ROM, but again (like with Vegacomb) I'm not sure what benefit this is bringing me over my Corvus5 2.2 build for generic everyday tablet use i.e. web browsing, email, comic viewing and the odd game of GRave Defense HD.

No benefit just a choice, i like the geolocation working (which its not in corvus5 ) so my weather apps update with my location, gapps installed fine for me, i like the tablet tweaks and the regular nightly updates.

but the beauty of the vega is the choice one mans meat is another mans poison :)

No benefit just a choice, i like the geolocation working (which its not in corvus5 ) so my weather apps update with my location, gapps installed fine for me, i like the tablet tweaks and the regular nightly updates.

but the beauty of the vega is the choice one mans meat is another mans poison :)

True, that is the reason I went for a VEGA as I like constantly fiddling with stuff like this. Just trying to ascertain what the new releases of Android bring with them, and so far from my limited view it doesn't seem to be much that you can't do with new launchers and themes etc. I guess I'm wondering if there is a 'killer' gingerbread or honeycomb app that may be relevant to me....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timik

Hi All,

Great ROM.. Thanks for the effort.

Following issues are to be fixed...

1. Does NOT support USB 3G Dongles (e.g. E176)

2. Market has FC on click and/or scroll when JUST IN is selected...

Rg,