[rom] Cyanogen 7 + tablet tweeks

Guest add.thebad

Guest dragon2611
yah after few example topics, I did try renaming the file as update.zip..

but the same stuck android+box logo...

I really wanted to use only Rom manager, almost bought the premium thing..

hmm what if I load the 1.10 PoV rom (latest), install rom manager + everything needed, rename the file to update.zip? D:

Rom manager didnt install Clockwork properly, also tried buying premium and that didn't work either...

Not that I minded as I can use the licence with my ZTE blade anyway.

Guest Minimonkey
Rom manager didnt install Clockwork properly, also tried buying premium and that didn't work either...

Not that I minded as I can use the licence with my ZTE blade anyway.

ROM Manager will not install clockworkmod on the vega as far as I'm aware. Either use Vega tools or Paul's post.

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest dragon2611
ROM Manager will not install clockworkmod on the vega as far as I'm aware. Either use Vega tools or Paul's post.

Indeed it won't but it thinks it can.

Edit:

I used vega tools to install clockwork btw

Edited by dragon2611

Guest add.thebad
yes, i did.

Would do you know how it?

this picture tells you all you must know:

montingl.th.jpg

but vega haven't build in sim card holder

o yeah i see from some tare down pics. i allways presumed that was what was behind that door on the back

look like it will be a bit trickyer on the vega

their is alot of space in their tho

nice work!

o yeah i see from some tare down pics. i allways presumed that was what was behind that door on the back

look like it will be a bit trickyer on the vega

their is alot of space in their tho

nice work!

Sorry but vega hasn't sim card holder and this is the problem, beacouse it isn't easy to find on the market.

Pov mobii has got already internal sim card holder (with mini pci express slot adapter) so all you have to do is insert modem in mini pci express slot, plugging in antenna cables, tinghtening the screw and that's all.

This is the final result:

finalresult.th.jpg

Edited by boh

Guest add.thebad
Sorry but vega hasn't sim card holder and this is the problem, beacouse it isn't easy to find on the market.

Pov mobii has got already internal sim card holder (with mini pci express slot adapter) so all you have to do is insert modem in mini pci express slot, plugging in antenna cables, tinghtening the screw and that's all.

This is the final result:

finalresult.th.jpg

yeah so i see

good job!

ok, after some fight with the PoV stock rom which I wanted to try out again (1.10 promises better touch, and I thought it was different... BS, it sux)..

and with Vega tools ready to rock, I had one problem! switch to usb slave, but I couldnt find the freakin app :) after some search and time everything was ready!

Installed Recovery mode using vega tools, and I finally (I MEAN RLY, FINALLY) the recovery opts *_*

When I saw cyanogen logo, and the bootloader I jizzed in my pants (check the lonely island clip, yah just like that)

after few hours using it, I got some conclusions:

the good

1 - CyanogenMOD is pretty amazing, I mean the overall concept, extra settings..

2 - I can have it always update thx to ROM Manager !

3 - android 2.3 is a must !

the bad

1 - wooa it's pretty sluggish compared to my old mcr8(it was so fast w/o lags)

2 - flash videos very jerky

3 - AWD launcher? aww please, stock android 2.3 please!

4 - Dial stuff, I mean why would a tablet w/o phone stuff need these things? it should be removed, leave only the messaging app for 3g tabs owners

I don't to be the ghey ass and blame the hard work, Im sticking with this =D

What is needed here, is Tegra drivers and that performance pack with lots of stuff to optimize the performance!!

with that I can say bye bye to 1, 2 from "the bad" list, plus remove awd launcher and make it even zippier!!

BINGO, we got a winner!

Guest FrownBreaker
ok, after some fight with the PoV stock rom which I wanted to try out again (1.10 promises better touch, and I thought it was different... BS, it sux)..

and with Vega tools ready to rock, .......after few hours using it, I got some conclusions:

the good

1 - CyanogenMOD is pretty amazing, I mean the overall concept, extra settings..

2 - I can have it always update thx to ROM Manager !

3 - android 2.3 is a must !

the bad

1 - wooa it's pretty sluggish compared to my old mcr8(it was so fast w/o lags)

2 - flash videos very jerky

3 - AWD launcher? aww please, stock android 2.3 please!

4 - Dial stuff, I mean why would a tablet w/o phone stuff need these things? it should be removed, leave only the messaging app for 3g tabs owners

I don't to be the ghey ass and blame the hard work, Im sticking with this =D

What is needed here, is Tegra drivers and that performance pack with lots of stuff to optimize the performance!!

with that I can say bye bye to 1, 2 from "the bad" list, plus remove awd launcher and make it even zippier!!

BINGO, we got a winner!

The hardware tweaks for tegra2 are not part of Murduch's work he is working on the tablet tweaks section.

The video and flash is dependent on the h/w acceleration

ADW is a stock part of CM7 but you can replace if needed with launch 3d shell etc..

The dialler is simple to remove from the gui just hold the icon and select delete

Edited by FrownBreaker

oooo i see! but who's going to help us with PRO hardware acceleration? D:

how can I replace AWD with the stock 2.3 launcher?

hmm when I mentioned the dialer stuff, I meant the service.. it's taking h/w resources for nothing I think... I did remove the icon, but can I remove the service? will it allow me to do that? o.o

thx!

Guest windin101

hmm when I mentioned the dialer stuff, I meant the service.. it's taking h/w resources for nothing I think... I did remove the icon, but can I remove the service? will it allow me to do that? o.o

thx!

backup titanium will let you do that

Guest FrownBreaker

thx!

Download your launcher from the market place and install it or use an APK backup. Press the home button on your advent and a window should pop up asking which launcher you want to use. You can make it default then and uninstall ADW afterwards.

Super manager is good for removing system apps again in market -Free

Use Vega tools to bulk load your APKs the problem with appbrain and market and download tools is they pull the latest version from Market (like flash 10.0.2 and you might want the less buggy 10.0.1) etc

Try the free 5 day trial of vplayer that does hardware acel as does flash from market.

Edited by FrownBreaker

yah, already using Launcher pro and zeam, both way smoother O_O

I wanted to replace the awd for LP or zeam(removing the built-in awd)... but nvm, im loving it already, cant't wait till a final stable rom *-*

flash: even using the latest (which is tegra optimized) still lagging in youtube hd, while in R8 not

hope this rom receives those performance packs and tegra drivers soon!

R8 is a perfect rom, but I wanted 2.3 so bad that even with fewer bugs, cyanogen mod is my new baby!

I just wanted to say thx mad-murdock, your work and tweaks are impressive!

Guest add.thebad

It is indeed nice and it has bags of potential allthough now quite their yet. After all the people comparingkt to corvus i thaught i would give it a try and it does seem alot smoother so when cm7 is as smooth asnthisnit will b a winner!

Might try it with zeem if u say its better

aww I want cm7 w/o phone stuff and with overclock!

hmm 1 with to make 3g users happy ofc

going to flash the latest build and see if there's any performance progress!

Guest warriorscot

I will definately be giving the next couple of nightlys a try although if it had proper tegra hardware acceleration then I would be using it now. Not sure what overclocking is going to do without the hardware being optimized first.

wooo it's me or camera quality is way better than any other ROM? LOL

hmm I don't use camera anyways.. but I'm sure something is different !

obs: smartbench is half score now =(

obs 2: hmm flash is so smooth now LOL, gonna test games now O.o idk why smartbench was so low

Edited by D0cZ

Guest Scanno
whats the lag like in these newer nightlys, not home to give it a try yet?

There is still lag left. However it is getting better and better. My guess is that it will not take that long until all lag has gone. The cause of the lag seems to have been discovered..

Until now the solution to get ridd of most of the lag is to disable wifi.

Guest dagrim1
There is still lag left. However it is getting better and better. My guess is that it will not take that long until all lag has gone. The cause of the lag seems to have been discovered..

Until now the solution to get ridd of most of the lag is to disable wifi.

lol, and use it for what?

But yeah, appearantly the syncing of apps (using wifi) is causing issues... Unfortunately I use my device mainly as internet device with widgets refreshing all the time (youtube, news widgets, weather) so disabling that takes away a big part of the tablet enjoyment. Corvus is smooth as hell, and hopefully CM7 will be very soon as well as they are doing great work on it.

Guest rebeldx

i had massive lag, then i disabled the lockscreen n the lag just vanished ...... i have no idea if thats what caused the lag but its definately what appeared 2 cause mine

also used the setcpu apk from xda, and used the setcpu.txt file from the corvus rom and my cm7 vega is now running at 1.4ghz with NO lag whatsoever, everything seems 2 work so crisply n so fast its brilliant :)

LOVE CM :)