[rom] Cyanogen 7 + tablet tweeks

Guest add.thebad

Guest SeiferTV
i had massive lag, then i disabled the lockscreen n the lag just vanished ...... i have no idea if thats what caused the lag but its definately what appeared 2 cause mine

also used the setcpu apk from xda, and used the setcpu.txt file from the corvus rom and my cm7 vega is now running at 1.4ghz with NO lag whatsoever, everything seems 2 work so crisply n so fast its brilliant :)

LOVE CM :)

Holy crap, what about battery life?

Guest premieral
Holy crap, what about battery life?

I have hadmine Oc to1.4 since corvus5 and battery drains quicker but not massively so, approximately 4.5% an hour under use.so its not an issue as battery never lasts more than a day anyway

Guest premieral
i had massive lag, then i disabled the lockscreen n the lag just vanished ...... i have no idea if thats what caused the lag but its definately what appeared 2 cause mine

also used the setcpu apk from xda, and used the setcpu.txt file from the corvus rom and my cm7 vega is now running at 1.4ghz with NO lag whatsoever, everything seems 2 work so crisply n so fast its brilliant :)

LOVE CM :(

What lockscreen? I am confused :)

Guest dagrim1
What lockscreen? I am confused :)

Lockscreen is disabled by default in CM7?

Anyway, nightly 08 out with improved wifi and kernel, bluetooth working and some more good stuff. Appearently madmurdock found the cause of other lag (fullscreen handling code) but choose to get some sleep (wise man :) ).

Guest add.thebad
Lockscreen is disabled by default in CM7?

Anyway, nightly 08 out with improved wifi and kernel, bluetooth working and some more good stuff. Appearently madmurdock found the cause of other lag (fullscreen handling code) but choose to get some sleep (wise man :) ).

O yeah good spot. I'm struggling to keep up with the pace of this now lol

But will b good to have Bluetooth fixed and get official nightlys!

Downloading........

Guest add.thebad
just tried #8 still very laggy for me, back to corvus.

Hmm seems fine to me did a full wipe and seems fine so far

Any one no y we don't get the nice screen off that gingerbread has

Guest wipeout140

Running the latest nightly #8 and its running smooth, I tried the overclock (1.4) in SetCPU and it does help. I will possibly stay with CM7 as its getting better every day it seems :)

Guest wipeout140
Could some kind soul please tell me exactly which of the dozens of gapps I seem to find I should use please :)

Premieral go here and click "20110307 Universal (Link)" as that's most recent gapps for CM7

Hopefully that helps

Guest warriorscot

Gave CM7 a good try tonight after making a new backup on titanium. Got to say its looking good still needs work definately as there is still a bit of lag especially in some applications and games but generally much improved and its nice having android 2.3 and the tablet tweaks which are definately much more vega friendly than the shoehorned 2.2 we have.

So as far as I can see right now its almost ready for daily use depending on the user and I would imagine in a week or twos time we will have a lot more bugs worked out now that all the major ones and hardware are sorted. Its definately nice to know that even if we have to wait for 3.0 a while 2.3 is available for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest add.thebad
So as far as I can see right now its almost ready for daily use depending on the user and I would imagine in a week or twos time we will have a lot more bugs worked out now that all the major ones and hardware are sorted. Its definately nice to know that even if we have to wait for 3.0 a while 2.3 is available for us.

yeah i agree it just doesnt feel as nice as corvus to use atm although the tablet tweaks make it much much nicer

saying that tho it is getting smoother and smoother

Guest warriorscot

The first couple of official nightlies were pretty rough but the last couple have been brilliant its actually a lot better when you ditch ADW it comes with which is awfully slow for some reason compared to launcher pro.

Only niggle is the wireless has a tendency to fall asleep and not wake up again and ignore commands meaning you have to enable and disable the wireless to pick up a network again.

Guest RexMundo
The first couple of official nightlies were pretty rough but the last couple have been brilliant its actually a lot better when you ditch ADW it comes with which is awfully slow for some reason compared to launcher pro.

Only niggle is the wireless has a tendency to fall asleep and not wake up again and ignore commands meaning you have to enable and disable the wireless to pick up a network again.

has anyone tried the "Blade Wifi Fix" app to see if it fixes this wifi problem? I dont have CM7 on mine so cant comment.

Guest BlackCat^

I have been using CM7 for the last few versions and each time it edges closer and closer to perfection. The lag is now bearable and the only flaws are wifi still being flaky and dixv wont work on stock player (but Rockplayer can be used as a work around). Strangely however 720p MKVs stream fine from my media centre which never worked on a stock based ROM.

Would certainly recommend the ROM now. I have installed the honeycomb theme which coupled with the bottom status bar tricks everyone into thinking this is a honeycomb device on first glance.

Incidentally, now this ROM uses 2.3.4 has anyone had any joy in getting google talk video to work? I guess it needs a new version of gapps flashing.

Guest rubbery

Does anyone know how us vega users can remove the phone signal indicator from the bar? I have removed the actual phone bits using the phone removal zip but would like to get rid of the icon.

Also thanks to ad.thebad for continuing to update us on the progress of cm7

Guest Minimonkey
has anyone tried the "Blade Wifi Fix" app to see if it fixes this wifi problem? I dont have CM7 on mine so cant comment.

Hope this works gonna try it now cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RexMundo

Hi

Is anyone still using Cyanogen on the Vega??

I am finding the Corvus rom a wee bit unstable.. It freezes on me once per day, and I want to try something different.

I am interested to know how the last nightlies are doing.. Is the WIFI reconnection fixed? Is it stable?

Thanks

Guest warriorscot

I use it between the honeycomb releases its really stable now and from what i can tell the wifi issue is fixed now. Definately the best rom to use day to day now its better than corvus not that it isnt also very good cm7 just has all the extra bells and whistles that make it that bit better and android 2.3 has its own benefits over roms with a 2.2 base.

Guest premieral
I use it between the honeycomb releases its really stable now and from what i can tell the wifi issue is fixed now. Definately the best rom to use day to day now its better than corvus not that it isnt also very good cm7 just has all the extra bells and whistles that make it that bit better and android 2.3 has its own benefits over roms with a 2.2 base.

i had issues with video playing last time i used it , with hd very poor quality is this fixed now?

Guest le_lutin

Interesting. I might give it a whirl (been on vegacomb ever since I got it). It looks like it's based off 2.3.4 as well which would mean that google talk with video should be working on it.

Can you think of any specific advantages that vegacomb might have over it?

Guest warriorscot
Interesting. I might give it a whirl (been on vegacomb ever since I got it). It looks like it's based off 2.3.4 as well which would mean that google talk with video should be working on it.

Can you think of any specific advantages that vegacomb might have over it?

If everything in vegacomb worked the answer would be no but as it doesn't the list is quite long basically as long as the bug list for the latest beta. I haven't tried talk or video as I don't use them so you would have to ask someone that uses CM7 and those apps if they work.

I haven't really played a lot of videos on it but what I have has worked but its mostly streaming avi. A lot of compatibility issues were pretty player dependant the stock video player still had issues that were more cm7 specific not vega specific so they will have been improved I know I have spotted a few improvements in the changelog since the first nightlies. You can see the changelog for the last few nightlies here http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=vega but they are currently on 87 so we are rapidly approaching the 30th nightly release and its obviously seen lots of improvements since the first.

The last few nighty releases seems to have cured the wireless of its sleep issues although they weren't individual to cm7 vegacomb had the same problem for some people for a while.

The 3.0 interface is generally better since its designed for a tablet so its looks and handles better on a big screen but 2.3 has some of those improvements. Honestly if CM7 had a built in task switcher like honeycomb I would use it much more as its otherwise very good its the only thing I really miss when I am not using vegacomb as since I use launcher pro I have had scrollable widgets for months so that isn't much of a selling point for me.