From Eken to Vega - Checklist?

Guest ZachUK

Guest ZachUK

Hi There Everyone,

I've just joined this forum as I've recently ordered an Advent Vega, after a year running an Eken M002 on Android 1.6. I was new to tablets at the time so it was a nice, cheap way for me to get used to them and also learn the modding scene. I experimented with alot of custom ROMS for the Eken M002, but I am now too tired of its slow processor and small screen, so the Advent Vega seemed like a great upgrade.

I've been reading through these forums as a guest for a few days now to try and get to grips on what steps I need to take to get the best out of my Vega, I purchased the non-flash version, and I really only want to go through this once if possible as I'd like to have a nice solid tablet that I do not have to re-flash very often.

What are the best steps to take? Here is what I am planning right now:

1) Upgrade to 1.09 from "MyAdventVega.com" (I understand this gets me flash?)

2) Install ClockWork Recovery (I've heard this will allow me to regularly set "restore" points, so once I have my preffered set of programs installed, I can make a restore point - is this right?)

3) Install the latest version of Modaco-ROM (R8?)

Is there anything else anyone would recommend?

Thanks

Zach

Guest carl rose
Hi There Everyone,

I've just joined this forum as I've recently ordered an Advent Vega, after a year running an Eken M002 on Android 1.6. I was new to tablets at the time so it was a nice, cheap way for me to get used to them and also learn the modding scene. I experimented with alot of custom ROMS for the Eken M002, but I am now too tired of its slow processor and small screen, so the Advent Vega seemed like a great upgrade.

I've been reading through these forums as a guest for a few days now to try and get to grips on what steps I need to take to get the best out of my Vega, I purchased the non-flash version, and I really only want to go through this once if possible as I'd like to have a nice solid tablet that I do not have to re-flash very often.

What are the best steps to take? Here is what I am planning right now:

1) Upgrade to 1.09 from "MyAdventVega.com" (I understand this gets me flash?)

2) Install ClockWork Recovery (I've heard this will allow me to regularly set "restore" points, so once I have my preffered set of programs installed, I can make a restore point - is this right?)

3) Install the latest version of Modaco-ROM (R8?)

Is there anything else anyone would recommend?

Thanks

Zach.

Install just the 1.09 and cwm. If you install the R8 it will overwrite the 1.09 so it all depends on what you want from the tablet. You will have flash 10.2 despite but if you want usb host then the 1.09 is not for you. Let us know what you want and we'll be able to help you further. Market can be installed despite too so no worries there.

Edited by carl rose

Guest ZachUK

I want to have Flash, the full suite of Google Applications (Market, G-Mail, GTalk, Google Maps, etc) and a very speedy optimized tablet. It was my understanding that R8 Modaco ROM adds alot of speed optimizations to the Vega, as well as all of those Google Applications, et cetera.

What is the USB host?

Edited by ZachUK

Guest warriorscot

USB host is the ability to use a USB stick in the vega or protable hard drive.

The R8 or corvus rom is probably the best choice Corvus is just a slightly updated/modified version of the R8. Both work just fine. Once you have clockwork mod on it it is easy to install and swap about roms.