[It's finally here!] Printed screen protectors to cover "San Francisco" print

Guest john.smith

Guest The Soup Thief
The photograph of the prototype shows a hole cut out for the sensors.

Oh yeah... just had another look at the photo... you're right

Guest chealsearock
The one I bought from the same seller is fine from a normal viewing distance, you have to look very closely to see the logo through it, especially if you have a jelly case on top.

Cool about the jelly case. Where did you get one from?

Guest mickey megabyte
Because it is a screen protector too.

forgive my noobishness, but what exactly is a screen protector, and how does it protect your screen?

does it stop it being scratched or something?

what's it made of and how thick is it?

i'm guessing it can't be too thick or it would affect touch sensitivity - and if it's not that thick, how much protection can it offer?

i'm guessing it can't be too thick or it would affect touch sensitivity - and if it's not that thick, how much protection can it offer?

Your experience/results/mileage may vary, but scratches to the screen protector generally save scratches to the screen itself. After a while you can replace the protector and keep a nice shiny and scratch-free screen underneath. In my experience touch sensitivity is not altered. It won't protect your phone from meteors, but it will protect from the odd encounter with keys, coins, fossil and other geological samples you keep in your pocket. It all depends on how long you want to keep your phone and what you plan to do with it afterwards... scratched screens still work, but they are less pretty, less visible in bright light and so you may get less on ebay in the end.

PS. Fitting screen protectors perfectly is a bit of a b*gger.

BTW, screen protectors will usually scratch more easily than the screen itself so be prepared to change them more frequently than the phone... BUT the advantage is that a screen protector is only a quid or so.

Guest john.smith

There are holes for the sensors, if you see that very carefully :D

Just to make sure its not overlooked, although I'm sure you all know.

There are 2 sensors beside the speaker that will need to have light allowed through from the protector.

So if the protector is to have black all over the top [like the prototype] then that wouldn't work I don't think.

Guest john.smith

Because it needs to be printed, the material still be slightly thicker. I am no professional screen protector installer but I could paste it in 30 secs. Just make 100% sure that there is no dust in between the protector and the screen, that's all!

Your experience/results/mileage may vary, but scratches to the screen protector generally save scratches to the screen itself. After a while you can replace the protector and keep a nice shiny and scratch-free screen underneath. In my experience touch sensitivity is not altered. It won't protect your phone from meteors, but it will protect from the odd encounter with keys, coins, fossil and other geological samples you keep in your pocket. It all depends on how long you want to keep your phone and what you plan to do with it afterwards... scratched screens still work, but they are less pretty, less visible in bright light and so you may get less on ebay in the end.

PS. Fitting screen protectors perfectly is a bit of a b*gger.

Guest john.smith

Awaiting for your new design buddy :D

I would rather have word Blade than Android. I think the Android logotype looks horrible. Here is my design I knocked up in Photoshop. (I didn't design the font, it was a free one)

Blade.png

Guest jonmac73

my vote is for plain black at the top, with cutouts for the sensors obviously.

Otherwise will stick with current showing 'san francisco' - looks quite classy if you ask me and such a following now that I don't mind at all it being seen.

Guest Thomsk

Personal preference is the 'BLADE' without the logo, followed by the 'ANDROID' without the image. If the price was reasonable I'd buy them :D

Guest john.smith

Sorry to rush you, I couldn't find the font that you used. Could you please tell me what's the name of it?

I think I will convince to guys to use BLADE only without the logo as everyone seems to be pleased with the plain design.

I would rather have word Blade than Android. I think the Android logotype looks horrible. Here is my design I knocked up in Photoshop. (I didn't design the font, it was a free one)

Blade.png

Guest The Soup Thief
Does anyone care for the revised design? ;)

Again, would prefer without the detailing - the Android's cute, but it's a bit "Kitty-chan!" having him on your phone (just peeled a sticker featuring him off the back of mine for the same reason)

The text logo isn't public domain so far as I understand

Black is the way to go...

Re pricing, bear in mind you can 6 blank ones for 3 quid incl shipping from an Amazon seller - noones gonna get rich off this, but I wholly applaud your efforts to get these to market. :D B)

Guest Ron=)
Does anyone care for the revised design? :D

waving_android_sticker.jpg

What did they completely ignore the previous 20 posts o.0?

Just shuffled the old design about a bit... :/

Guest john.smith

No no no, all the messages have been forwarded to the right guy. This design was made before feedback are collected. It does take time for the prototype. I will keep you guys updated.

What did they completely ignore the previous 20 posts o.0?

Just shuffled the old design about a bit... :/

Guest Jekle
No no no, all the messages have been forwarded to the right guy. This design was made before feedback are collected. It does take time for the prototype. I will keep you guys updated.

Is this the complete front fascia of the phone, because just a second a go i tried to get a piece of dirt out out that little groove at the top with a pen (yeah silly me) and now there is a small crack just above the san francisco print and a hairline crack on the front panel by the screen, will this replace it?

Guest ColdEmbrace
Is this the complete front fascia of the phone, because just a second a go i tried to get a piece of dirt out out that little groove at the top with a pen (yeah silly me) and now there is a small crack just above the san francisco print and a hairline crack on the front panel by the screen, will this replace it?

This is just like a screen protecter except it covers the whole phone front