How to run CM7 on a Gen2 phone

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
does somebody open an enhanchment request at http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...p;ts=1300288235

so CM team knows about GEN1 and GEN2 BLade phones ?

think it will be also a good idea to infornm rommanager team to prevent that people install wrong CWM.

Jacob knows what needs to be done. This is just a fix to use while we wait for the official project to catch up. It's easy to build a kernel for Gen2 and put it in manually but to make the automatic build generate a universal install that works on both Gen1 and Gen2 propably need some planning.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
I was on SS RLS3, everthing was fine. I installed CM7-N36 on GEN2 blade and windows 7 now unable to recognize my blade.

Tried updating the drivers several times but in vain.

I don't have this prob. Just flashed without any trouble and Windows 7 recognize my Blade just like before.

Guest solidchips

CM7 N36 windows 7 not recognized the device.

Switched to CM7-RC4, everything is working. No problem for win7 to detect blade this time.

Edited by solidchips

Guest hudasp

I cannot move app from data storage to SD card (in app settings). If I move app to SD card, phone is self-restarting. Is it only my problem, or is it problem with patched kernel? CM7 RC4, GEN2 phone.

Edited by hudasp

Guest JayGB1982

Good to see your fix for CM7 GEN2 Blade's KK

Nice work! People like you are a credit to to community :D

Do GEN2's also reproduce the GPS reboot?

Are you plan on adding any other optimisations to CM7?

The boot time performance governor from SS / JJ is one which springs to mind B)

Edited by JayGB1982

Guest Halsfluss

Fantastic, nice work :) After the installation it stuck on the Android logo, but after another reboot it works great.

Maybe not the right place to ask, but does anyone know whether the Android 2.2 Gen 2-phones sold by Comviq in Sweden have received some security enhancements regarding carrier lock?

I've tried both Sweden Spring RLS4 and now this CM7 with my Telenor SIM-card, but none of them works. I'm being prompted for my PIN, but I don't get any reception. I remember reading kallt_kaffe writing somewhere that at least SS RLS4 would ignore carrier checks?

Well well, thanks once more.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Fantastic, nice work :) After the installation it stuck on the Android logo, but after another reboot it works great.

Maybe not the right place to ask, but does anyone know whether the Android 2.2 Gen 2-phones sold by Comviq in Sweden have received some security enhancements regarding carrier lock?

I've tried both Sweden Spring RLS4 and now this CM7 with my Telenor SIM-card, but none of them works. I'm being prompted for my PIN, but I don't get any reception. I remember reading kallt_kaffe writing somewhere that at least SS RLS4 would ignore carrier checks?

Well well, thanks once more.

The new Comviq 2.2 phones are as easy as the old ones to unlock, helped a friend just a few days ago with exactly this.

Check that your IMEI has not turned into zero after the upgrade. If it is still OK then try another SIM. There are several who have needed to replace there SIM cards after upgrading to official 2.2.

Guest Halsfluss
The new Comviq 2.2 phones are as easy as the old ones to unlock, helped a friend just a few days ago with exactly this.

Check that your IMEI has not turned into zero after the upgrade. If it is still OK then try another SIM. There are several who have needed to replace there SIM cards after upgrading to official 2.2.

Ah ok, I'll see if I can get hold of another SIM from Telenor or another carrier. My Telenor-SIM is from early '04 so that might be the problem. When I tried it with the Comviq-ROM it even said "No SIM", but obviously it was found since it asked for PIN, and some Telenor-specific stuff was available in a menu.

I checked the IMEI and it remained the same between the ROM changes.

Thanks for your reply btw :)

/Magnus

Guest sm4tik

I thought I'd give CM7 a spin while waiting for the official release and installed N37 last night. So far everything's been pure goodness. Thanks again KK, well done!

BTW, I used the saunalahti_rils.zip from SS thread, maybe you should add a hint for saunalahti people trying this for the first time? (Though the gen1/2 checking won't be necessary since we're all on gen2 here)

Guest kallt_kaffe

Ver3 and Ver3b in first and second post. Ver2->Ver3 is basicly the same apart from some changes that shouldn't matter. Ver3b is using the same kernel source (more or less) as CM7 but converted to Gen2.

Both should work. But if one is causing trouble, try the other and if switching kernel worked, then report what happend in this thread.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks for your help Kallt.

I'll test this right now. I just flash over my existing ROM or must do "full" flash ? (N38 > converter > google apps)

EDIT: how did you test your GPS ? Nav app just start GPS once then shut down or the GPS still runing in background ?

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Ok here's an log after crash:

Here

So I hope this can help you.

It's just after crash with your V3 converter.

Thanks.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest alwaleef

Hi KK and rest of developers. Thanks very much for the great work.

I am noop to Android and ZTE Blade and need your help and advise.

The device I have is ZTE Blade with Softbank Test ROM from ZTE to support Arabic Language with 2.2. As stated it is a test version and a bit slow with few problems in displaying RTL Arabic. I read about CM7 and it is support for both 2.3 and arabic and got confirmation from a friend that it is working charm on his Blade with Gen1. The one I have is running with Gen 2 and I am not sure how to use CM7 ROM to upgrade mine. Please let me know what are the steps to upgrade the phone as I am new and just starting learning Android and playing with this phone.

Thanks

Guest crblues
Hi KK and rest of developers. Thanks very much for the great work.

I am noop to Android and ZTE Blade and need your help and advise.

The device I have is ZTE Blade with Softbank Test ROM from ZTE to support Arabic Language with 2.2. As stated it is a test version and a bit slow with few problems in displaying RTL Arabic. I read about CM7 and it is support for both 2.3 and arabic and got confirmation from a friend that it is working charm on his Blade with Gen1. The one I have is running with Gen 2 and I am not sure how to use CM7 ROM to upgrade mine. Please let me know what are the steps to upgrade the phone as I am new and just starting learning Android and playing with this phone.

Thanks

Hello alwaleef

I'm not a developer but I think I can help you with this problem. The procedure is quite simple, download the rom from CM7 you want to use, and put it in your sdcard. Then download the file that is in the first post and put it also in you sdcard. Then in clockwork do a full backup just to be safe. and then wipe the phone, choose install zip from sdcard and choose the CM7 zip. let it install. DON'T REBOOT :) :P Choose again install zip from sdcard and choose the file from the first post. let it work and then you can reboot. After you can also download the gapps file from CM7 and install it. Should be simple enough.

But if I can make a suggestion, Try the SS4 rom. and check if it supports your language, if it does, in my humble opinion, it is a much more polished rom and it is working like a charm in my Upgraded gen2 Blade. It seems like butter, smooth... :) :)

Guest alwaleef
Hello alwaleef

I'm not a developer but I think I can help you with this problem. The procedure is quite simple, download the rom from CM7 you want to use, and put it in your sdcard. Then download the file that is in the first post and put it also in you sdcard. Then in clockwork do a full backup just to be safe. and then wipe the phone, choose install zip from sdcard and choose the CM7 zip. let it install. DON'T REBOOT :) :P Choose again install zip from sdcard and choose the file from the first post. let it work and then you can reboot. After you can also download the gapps file from CM7 and install it. Should be simple enough.

But if I can make a suggestion, Try the SS4 rom. and check if it supports your language, if it does, in my humble opinion, it is a much more polished rom and it is working like a charm in my Upgraded gen2 Blade. It seems like butter, smooth... :) :)

Thanks Dear,

Please let me know what is: CLOCKWORK and SS4 ROM. Sorry I am just starting learning Android and ways of upgrading to new ROMs.

Guest whatcolour

KK, don't know whether you had any progress on this yet, was happily running CM7 stable with v3b but the phone mysteriously shutdown once this morning. have you encountered such behaviour yourself?

Guest whatcolour
It's strange. I've used CM7 on Gen2 OSF almost week (KK's kernels, not CM's), maps 15-30 min a day . No any shutdown or reboot.

strange indeed. have a OSF OLED myself, and such behavior has never happened before, did have the odd gps reboots before, but not a shutdown like this. what's interesting is a few CM7 users with GEN1 phones reported the same problem.