How to run CM7 on a Gen2 phone

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest t0mm13b
strange indeed. have a OSF OLED myself, and such behavior has never happened before, did have the odd gps reboots before, but not a shutdown like this. what's interesting is a few CM7 users with GEN1 phones reported the same problem.

Might be worth to do a diff on the zcat'd /proc/config.gz with KK's kernel and CM7's kernel... to see what's changed?!

Guest Matthew Ferguson
strange indeed. have a OSF OLED myself, and such behavior has never happened before, did have the odd gps reboots before, but not a shutdown like this. what's interesting is a few CM7 users with GEN1 phones reported the same problem.

Are you overclocking?

Guest isambard

Just upgraded:

1302720855-picsay.jpg

seems pretty good so far!

only trick was that the driver install didn't really install the USB drivers, so i had to go into the folder to install them manually. but once done, it worked.

Edited by isambard

Guest unrandomsam
KK, don't know whether you had any progress on this yet, was happily running CM7 stable with v3b but the phone mysteriously shutdown once this morning. have you encountered such behaviour yourself?

I have had that behavior. Still not convinced that its the fault of CM7 though yet.

Guest unrandomsam
Hello alwaleef

I'm not a developer but I think I can help you with this problem. The procedure is quite simple, download the rom from CM7 you want to use, and put it in your sdcard. Then download the file that is in the first post and put it also in you sdcard. Then in clockwork do a full backup just to be safe. and then wipe the phone, choose install zip from sdcard and choose the CM7 zip. let it install. DON'T REBOOT :) :P Choose again install zip from sdcard and choose the file from the first post. let it work and then you can reboot. After you can also download the gapps file from CM7 and install it. Should be simple enough.

But if I can make a suggestion, Try the SS4 rom. and check if it supports your language, if it does, in my humble opinion, it is a much more polished rom and it is working like a charm in my Upgraded gen2 Blade. It seems like butter, smooth... :) :)

3d is nowhere near as good.

Guest crblues
3d is nowhere near as good.

Do you mean that the 3d games are not as good in Swedish spring rls4 as in CM7? Could be...

But, have you tried to enable stagefright in SS? for it makes Gameloft games run 5*.

I concur with you that Angry Birds works better in cm7, But, for me everything else is just more unpolished.

Don't get me wrong, I'll smack anyone saying bad things about CM7!! :) :)

They do a Fantastic job, But my blade is my primary phone so I have to rely on it 100%.

As Soon as those last few bugs get squashed.. I'll Just run... :)

And I was recommending ss4 because the user seemed like less experienced...

Edited by crblues

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi KK, could you please provide a version to convert from Gen 2 to Gen 1 when CM7 goes gen 2?

Thanks

Yes, I will unless someone else does. It's honestly a no-brainer to make the Gen2 converter into a Gen1 converter when that will be needed. It's just a matter of recompiling the kernel, replacing two libs and change some stuff in the install script.

Guest alwaleef
+1 CM7 will officially go Gen.2 only beginning with the next 1-2 nightlies.

Is CM7 coming to GEN 2 with new name or through nighties ? When ?

Guest sm4tik
Is CM7 coming to GEN 2 with new name or through nighties ? When ?

The git tree (r4669) is already gen2, so if I'm not mistaking (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong!), the next release will be gen2 already. What's it going to be called, I don't know.

edit:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1670366

Edited by sm4tik

Guest mELIANTE
The git tree (r4669) is already gen2, so if I'm not mistaking (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong!), the next release will be gen2 already. What's it going to be called, I don't know.

It will be called the same thing, only it will be incompatible with Gen1 Blades. Time for "make it or break it" people:)

Guest haltbarmilch

Thanks for this patch. But for me it doesn't work. I wiped everything and install cm7. after that i install the gen2 convertor from first page. after this i reboot the phone. And here is now the problem. ;-) The phone hangs on the green android logo. I've updated my phone from Gen1 to Gen2. ClockworkMod Version 3.0.2.4. Have you any suggestions please? Thanks a lot.

Guest Fou-lu
Thanks for this patch. But for me it doesn't work. I wiped everything and install cm7. after that i install the gen2 convertor from first page. after this i reboot the phone. And here is now the problem. ;-) The phone hangs on the green android logo. I've updated my phone from Gen1 to Gen2. ClockworkMod Version 3.0.2.4. Have you any suggestions please? Thanks a lot.

the next CM7 will be GEN2, so probably just wait for it, this converter becomes void for you GEN2 guys, but us GEN1 will need it, :)

Guest Fou-lu

the next CM7 will be GEN2, so probably just wait for it, this converter becomes void for you GEN2 guys, but us GEN1 will need it, :)

Guest haltbarmilch

Thanks for the quick reply! I will wait for next CM7 release.

Guest Northern-Loop
If the nightly is built tonight (it wasn't last night :/) it will be Gen2. #40

Yep I can't wait, f5'ing the mirror network.