Facebook photos won't load on 3G

Guest simonta

Guest simonta

Evening all.

I don't use Facebook myself so have little experience with it. Trying to set up my daughters Vega. All works except for Facebook photos. Using either the official Facebook app from the market or browsing (tried stock, Miren and Dolphin with UA set to desktop, default, iPad etc). When you click a thumbnail in a gallery, the picture does not load. The frame loads but the picture does not display. In all other tests, LinkedIn, Google Images, Picassa etc, pictures work just fine. It seems to be only Facebook.

Now the especially weird bit. It only fails on 3G (Orange). Flip to Wifi and it loads instantly.

My daughter is into fashion blogging so not being able to work with pictures in Facebook is a show stopper for her.

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks

Simon

Edited by simonta

Your vega pproblably doesnt have 3g

It has sim slot but no gsm radio hardware

I think he means he is using a 3g dongle or using his phone as a mobile AP.

strange problem tho I have had issues downloading pics from my missus's Facebook onto my phone recently.

Guest trevor432990
Evening all.

I don't use Facebook myself so have little experience with it. Trying to set up my daughters Vega. All works except for Facebook photos. Using either the official Facebook app from the market or browsing (tried stock, Miren and Dolphin with UA set to desktop, default, iPad etc). When you click a thumbnail in a gallery, the picture does not load. The frame loads but the picture does not display. In all other tests, LinkedIn, Google Images, Picassa etc, pictures work just fine. It seems to be only Facebook.

Now the especially weird bit. It only fails on 3G (Orange). Flip to Wifi and it loads instantly.

My daughter is into fashion blogging so not being able to work with pictures in Facebook is a show stopper for her.

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks

Simon

Don't have a clue really Simon but perhaps Orange have some kind of 'Parental Control' settings which have somehow kicked in? I remember when I was sorting out a Yahoo Messenger query for video conferencing there was a policy in there which prevented live video being sent to account holders below the age of 18. It would work on Wi-fi because Orange have no control on what is being transmitted. Just a thought :D

Guest MaxiP
Don't have a clue really Simon but perhaps Orange have some kind of 'Parental Control' settings which have somehow kicked in? I remember when I was sorting out a Yahoo Messenger query for video conferencing there was a policy in there which prevented live video being sent to account holders below the age of 18. It would work on Wi-fi because Orange have no control on what is being transmitted. Just a thought :D

Could be - Vodafone have a similar lock on 'adult' content. You have to unlock it from the website / account in order to view premium content. However, FB works fine on my Vodafone SIM