Streakdroid 1.9 and baseband versions

Guest rwbmodaco23

Guest rwbmodaco23

Hi there... yes, I'm a newbie, but a pretty dedicated newbie, and am thrilled with my Streak (especially with 1.9 on it!). However, I am still confused as to which basebands are compatible with Streakdroid 1.9 and which are not. I flashed my phone from 1.6 to 2.2 (baseband 3.45) before I installed Streakdroid 1.9, however, Steve's installation instructions said to also flash a different amss.mbn file (recommended baseband update for 1.5.1+) to the phone.

My question is: is it necessary to flash Steve's recommended amss.mbn for 1.9 to operate properly, or is upgrading from 345 sufficient? My phone seems to be working well, just wondering if there's one final step that needs to be done.

thanks!

Guest jmhalder
Hi there... yes, I'm a newbie, but a pretty dedicated newbie, and am thrilled with my Streak (especially with 1.9 on it!). However, I am still confused as to which basebands are compatible with Streakdroid 1.9 and which are not. I flashed my phone from 1.6 to 2.2 (baseband 3.45) before I installed Streakdroid 1.9, however, Steve's installation instructions said to also flash a different amss.mbn file (recommended baseband update for 1.5.1+) to the phone.

My question is: is it necessary to flash Steve's recommended amss.mbn for 1.9 to operate properly, or is upgrading from 345 sufficient? My phone seems to be working well, just wondering if there's one final step that needs to be done.

thanks!

I just upgraded from 345, everything is working fine.

Guest superutp

thanks!

345 should work fine...but if it doesnt flashing amss.mbn is just a one step procedure...wt does ur baseband read...should generally be ending with 31800...

Guest rwbmodaco23
345 should work fine...but if it doesnt flashing amss.mbn is just a one step procedure...wt does ur baseband read...should generally be ending with 31800...

Thanks for replying- the baseband reads GAUSB1A134500-US. I'm not having any problems with the current config, I just wanted to know if not installing the new amss file as recommended would cause the phone to be less stable.

Guest OSCAR786

Please help I just falshed dj 1.9 and my baseband version read as "GAUSB1A131800-US"..HOW CAN I UPDGRADE IT 345 or recommended, I been searching around but can not find...Please help

Guest Kohawk
Please help I just falshed dj 1.9 and my baseband version read as "GAUSB1A131800-US"..HOW CAN I UPDGRADE IT 345 or recommended, I been searching around but can not find...Please help

You are fine on 318, that IS the recommended BB.

Guest cdzo72

I have the same question/problem as Oscar786. I have StreakDroid 1.9 installed and flashed the 318 baseband also. But the reason I am curious as to updating to the 345 or even higher is the same reason anyone even goes through the trouble of all this... getting the very most out of your device and for me personally, it's just the need to tinker with it and see what changes....

Put it like this... I install an app and then sync to appbrain... if there's an update I update, no matter how minor it may be... the numbers matter to me. To know there is a newer version out there that I am not using that I may benefit from is something I just can't stand to think about....

So the question remains, how can we flash the newest available baseband, or the only thing that would abate that question is if that new baseband would be detremental to my 1.9 StreakDroid install

Thanks guys for any input

P.S. I went from getting my Streak back from "brick" by using the QDL tool. So that had me at BB 305 and I had ALL KINDS of problems. As soon as I flashed 318 all problems went away at first boot. So once again, unless I am told that a higher baseband will hurt me, or am told I won't perceive any difference, then I wanna know how to do it

Edited by cdzo72

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vanemburghj
I have the same question/problem as Oscar786. I have StreakDroid 1.9 installed and flashed the 318 baseband also. But the reason I am curious as to updating to the 345 or even higher is the same reason anyone even goes through the trouble of all this... getting the very most out of your device and for me personally, it's just the need to tinker with it and see what changes....

Put it like this... I install an app and then sync to appbrain... if there's an update I update, no matter how minor it may be... the numbers matter to me. To know there is a newer version out there that I am not using that I may benefit from is something I just can't stand to think about....

So the question remains, how can we flash the newest available baseband, or the only thing that would abate that question is if that new baseband would be detremental to my 1.9 StreakDroid install

Thanks guys for any input

P.S. I went from getting my Streak back from "brick" by using the QDL tool. So that had me at BB 305 and I had ALL KINDS of problems. As soon as I flashed 318 all problems went away at first boot. So once again, unless I am told that a higher baseband will hurt me, or am told I won't perceive any difference, then I wanna know how to do it

Am on BB 351 running 1.9.0 and rocking the Streak: (Think having lastest BB is always best)

1. Install Steakmod, I don't why, but I just like it over clockworkmod:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

2. Make Nandroid back up of your Streak

3. Go to TheManii's web page: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/351/

4. Download recovery.img (351 zip did not work for me, but if you can get it to work 80% of your work is done)

5. Anyways if 351 zip doesn't work get 351 from here: http://mobileupdate.dell.com/Package...1_15609_00.pkg

6. Now the work starts, make backup of your Dell system using backup and restore. Synch your contacts with Google, if you Dolphin HD browser export your bookmarks to your SD, for any other browser do what you got to do to save your bookmarks.

7. Rename 351 download to Update.pkg and place on root of your SD card.

8. Reboot into fastboot, flash recovery, reboot into Dell start up, install Update.pkg and reboot to normal operating mode.

9. Reboot into Fastboot flash Steakmod, reboot into Streakmod and install 1.9.0

10. Restart, takes a bit through some of the installs, but I never bricked my Streak while upgrading BB's, while doing other things well let's say I am glad QDL tool exists......

11. Once restarted should be on 351 baseband running Steve's 1.9.0 Kernel.

12. Dell restore your apps, synch with google to get your contacts and restore your browser bookmarks.

13. If all fails reinstall your Nandroid backup to get the system to were it was before you started.

Am sure there are shortcuts, but those usually bite me in the ass, so I go the long route, a bit more pain, but never have problems.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brunswick
Am on BB 351 running 1.9.0 and rocking the Streak: (Think having lastest BB is always best)

1. Install Steakmod, I don't why, but I just like it over clockworkmod:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

2. Make Nandroid back up of your Streak

3. Go to TheManii's web page: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/351/

4. Download recovery.img (351 zip did not work for me, but if you can get it to work 80% of your work is done)

5. Anyways if 351 zip doesn't work get 351 from here: http://mobileupdate.dell.com/Package...1_15609_00.pkg

6. Now the work starts, make backup of your Dell system using backup and restore. Synch your contacts with Google, if you Dolphin HD browser export your bookmarks to your SD, for any other browser do what you got to do to save your bookmarks.

7. Rename 351 download to Update.pkg and place on root of your SD card.

8. Reboot into fastboot, flash recovery, reboot into Dell start up, install Update.pkg and reboot to normal operating mode.

9. Reboot into Fastboot flash Steakmod, reboot into Streakmod and install 1.9.0

10. Restart, takes a bit through some of the installs, but I never bricked my Streak while upgrading BB's, while doing other things well let's say I am glad QDL tool exists......

11. Once restarted should be on 351 baseband running Steve's 1.9.0 Kernel.

12. Dell restore your apps, synch with google to get your contacts and restore your browser bookmarks.

13. If all fails reinstall your Nandroid backup to get the system to were it was before you started.

Am sure there are shortcuts, but those usually bite me in the ass, so I go the long route, a bit more pain, but never have problems.

Hope this helps.

Ive followed your instructions without difficulty until I reflashed StreakMod. Even after now flashing it 3x I cannot actually get away from the official Dell 351 recovery?? StreakMod is nowhere to be found.

Have any ideas why this might happen? I also tried flashing ClockworkMod 2.5.1 and the same thing happens. I get no errors in fastboot mode so im at a bit of a loss.

• 2 months later...
Guest Pavman

Ive followed your instructions without difficulty until I reflashed StreakMod. Even after now flashing it 3x I cannot actually get away from the official Dell 351 recovery?? StreakMod is nowhere to be found.

Have any ideas why this might happen? I also tried flashing ClockworkMod 2.5.1 and the same thing happens. I get no errors in fastboot mode so im at a bit of a loss.

I found clockwork mod doesn't work, but streakdroid recovery works great. Clockwork mod had an issue w/ the md5sum and after lots of digging around MoDaCo and XDA Developers I found a link for it months and months ago. The image name (or at least what I called it) was streakdroid_recovery_0.3.2.img (or 0.3.2.6b.img). Anyway.

I had a bunch of issues last night w/ my phone. I was uninstalling the auto-update to the market as I just can't stand the new style and during one of my attempts it basically bricked the boot portion of the phone. Needless to say, I tried recovering just the boot from my backups and that failed to work. I was also seeing weird behavior prior to that (if I set it down hard enough on a hard surface, for instance, it would just shut off).

I decided this would be a good excuse to move to 1.9 (was on 1.8.1). After backing up my busted image, I ran the 1.9 zip file and, well... took a factory reset, but it booted. Before it was getting hung during the boot phase.

Now I just have to recover all my other junk, etc. Thanks DJ Steve. I do wonder if there will be a streakdroid for Android 3+; streakdroid.com looks kind of dead now that they moved to a forum site.

Guest WakeRider89

The 351 BB is what most guys are running for quicker gps lock-on, cell signal, etc..... Easiest way to get to it is to downgrade back to the 2.2.2 version with the 351 in the pkg. There are a few recent threads on here about how to do it and where to find the files, very easy and painless.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/344546-bb-conversion/

This was my "help needed" thread, just follow the steps and your well on your way to a better running streak.

I might also suggest this little trick after getting back to 1.9.1.

http://www.streaksmart.com/2011/08/make-your-rooted-dell-streak-snappier-in-seconds-with-v6-supercharger.html

made my device a lot snappier with a few simple, free steps