I have one on preorder...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Robert Niel
Is it possible they were not meant to release it this early? I didn't hear about a Comet exclusive.
It wasn't specifically meant as a Comet exclusive, Asus mentioned that physical stores would get it first followed by online only retailers. I don't know if it's accurate or not but Laskys are showing the tablet only version as in stock. It appears that nobody is going to have the keyboard dock bundle until later this month (- Asus are saying it might be the week commencing the 25th of April although it could be earlier as it's subject to 'external factors').

I have one on pre-order with Comet, but they phoned me the day before it was due to be delivered and said they were still waiting for stock and didn't know when they would be getting them. I used a discount voucher and getting some affiliate cash-back, so I'm loathed to cancel. :) Right now, the other online stores seem to be saying the 18th, so maybe the later date is just Asus wishing to cover themselves rather than giving a date that might slip further.

I don't know this for sure because it was only intimated, but my hunch is that the keyboard dock slipped because it went through some last minute modifications. At the UK launch it was commented that the version shown wasn't the final version - that it was going to have some of the upper function keys made slightly smaller so they could fit in an extra key. So I'll be interested to see if this is the case when they're available to view in the flesh.

BTW I was just thinking, have Asus released any other Android products before the Transformer ?

I think this is their first Android device, but they do have other devices that should be rolled out this year namely the Slider (sliding 10" tablet with a built in keyboard) which is due in June and the MeMo (a 7" tablet equipped with a stylus) which is due sometime after that. The MeMo uses a 1.2GHz Qualcomm 8260 processor rather than NVidia Tegra 2. So it must be part of a huge learning curve for them - they've set some quite modest targets (IMO), around 2 million tablets for 2011.

Robert

Edited by Robert Niel

Guest Matchstick

Yay, despite Comet's website saying my order was still being processed my Transformer was delivered at 7.25 this morning !

Yay, despite Comet's website saying my order was still being processed my Transformer was delivered at 7.25 this morning !

I really hope that is the case for mine today... Did the comet order tracking on their website just say:

"Your order is currently being processed. We will send you confirmation by email when your order has been accepted and your installation slot has been agreed. You will then be able to track your order online."

But the Comet receipt email says:

Your new stuff will be delivered to you on:

Saturday 9th April 2011 between 7am - 6pm

Edit: Woohoo, rang comet and got parcelforce number and it should be delivered today. Apparently the website is showing it's still being processed because the order number was changed (probably due to me wanting the money off voucher applying after ordering).

Edited by wi11

Guest Matchstick
I really hope that is the case for mine today... Did the comet order tracking on their website just say:

"Your order is currently being processed. We will send you confirmation by email when your order has been accepted and your installation slot has been agreed. You will then be able to track your order online."

But the Comet receipt email says:

Your new stuff will be delivered to you on:

Saturday 9th April 2011 between 7am - 6pm

Edit: Woohoo, rang comet and got parcelforce number and it should be delivered today. Apparently the website is showing it's still being processed because the order number was changed (probably due to me wanting the money off voucher applying after ordering).

Excellent news :)

That's exactly what my Comet Order Tracking said and in fact still says 2 1/2 hours after the tablet was actually delivered :)

Just sent my email off to Asus about the Keyboard bundle upgrade.

Guest tomqman

Gonna have to wait and get mine off ebuyer or amazon. For some reason comet don't delivery to the isle of Wight even though parcel force do at no extra charge :)

Guest Boyers
...who else is in? :)

P

Hi everyone. I have the bundle on pre-order from Amazon. It seems a pity that the UK launch was like a damp firework! Not the best way to sell it as mail-order only.

Guest redmongoose

Not fair!! Mine never turned up :)

I ordered Thursday afternoon and was sent a confirmation email stating saturday delivery but was never able to actually track the order on the comet website. I was always presented with "Your order is currently being processed. We will send you confirmation by email when your order has been accepted and your installation slot has been agreed. You will then be able to track your order online."

Where as the confirmation email with the reciept says "Your new stuff will be delivered to you on: Saturday 9th April 2011 between 7am - 6pm"

Looks like I'll be onto them 1st thing tomorrow................

Guest ritdaw

Comet keep claiming they have stock, I rang and chatted via their website. I ordered as its still the cheapest even if it takes a while to arrive.

Guest chrispazz

Hello. I am on holiday in London city and have not a car.

Someone knows where to buy one Transformer here tomorrow in a shop that has stocks?

Thank you for any help.

Guest redmongoose
Hello. I am on holiday in London city and have not a car.

Someone knows where to buy one Transformer here tomorrow in a shop that has stocks?

Thank you for any help.

You could try PC World/Currys on Tottenham Court Road (Warren St Tube) and then walk down Tottenham Road to Micro Avinka.

I believe both will be getting stock this week (according to both shops) but there is no firm date. You could also ask in a branch of Carphonewarehouse.

Good luck!

Mine arrived today :) - only problem is I am at work :) Going to be a long day!!

Guest chrispazz
You could try PC World/Currys on Tottenham Court Road (Warren St Tube) and then walk down Tottenham Road to Micro Avinka.

I believe both will be getting stock this week (according to both shops) but there is no firm date. You could also ask in a branch of Carphonewarehouse.

Good luck!

Mine arrived today :) - only problem is I am at work :) Going to be a long day!!

Nothing to do. Neither Currys nor Micro Avinka......

:)

Guest ritdaw

Vehicle despatched today, 12th April - please ensure you are available between 07:00 and 18:00

Order picked & scheduled for delivery and/or collection on 12th April between 07:00 and 18:00

Order being processed for delivery and/or collection on 12th April between 07:00 and 18:00

Order received for delivery and/or collection on 12th April between 07:00 and 18:00

Guest ritdaw

Vehicle despatched today, 12th April - please ensure you are available between 07:00 and 18:00

Order picked & scheduled for delivery and/or collection on 12th April between 07:00 and 18:00

Order being processed for delivery and/or collection on 12th April between 07:00 and 18:00

Order received for delivery and/or collection on 12th April between 07:00 and 18:00

Its arrived and its awesome!

Guest AFK_Matrix
Its arrived and its awesome!

Should have mine being delivered tomorrow :) Also managed to get it for £351 thanks to the comet code and quidco so that means I can get the keyboard all in for around £405 which is a nice saving. Can't wait to play!!!

Guest ritdaw
Should have mine being delivered tomorrow :) Also managed to get it for £351 thanks to the comet code and quidco so that means I can get the keyboard all in for around £405 which is a nice saving. Can't wait to play!!!

You will love it!

Guest leisurefix
Thanks for the information about the price on the keyboard, sounds ok to me so have ordered from Comet with the 5OFF code, will hopefully get it tomorrow :)

Have tried checking the Comet website for my order, did everyone else always get a 404 error opening the order? Did get an email saying delivery is thursday, oh well 1 day longer then expected, I guess seeing the delivery was free I should remain patient.

Guest gordon brown

Amazon.co.uk have changed their release date, it now shows as 1st June instead of 18th April. This is both tab only and dock bundle.

Edited by gordon brown

Guest davehod
Amazon.co.uk have changed their release date, it now shows as 1st June instead of 18th April. This is both tab only and dock bundle.

Yep, I ordered the keyboard bundle before the date changed - order still shows an estimated delivery date of 20th Apr. I wonder whether Amazon are getting in limited stock to test the market and will honour this...

Edited by davehod

Guest Boyers
Yep, I ordered the keyboard bundle before the date changed - order still shows an estimated delivery date of 20th Apr. I wonder whether Amazon are getting in limited stock to test the market and will honour this...

And my pre-order showed same shipping, but when I queried this with Amazon UK the date slipped until June. Asus have completely lost the plot! Maybe someone in Apple can teach them how NOT to launch a product?

Guest Matchstick
And my pre-order showed same shipping, but when I queried this with Amazon UK the date slipped until June. Asus have completely lost the plot! Maybe someone in Apple can teach them how NOT to launch a product?

From what I've read of posts by Asus UK Staff they seem very surprised by the popularity of the Keyboard, instead expecting buyers to go for the cheaper tablet-only option (they based this on the ipad sales figures which show the base 16Gb wifi model selling far more than any of the others and assumed that consumers really only cared about price).

My guess is that means that the initital production run of the Keyboard was set far too low for current demand and they are now struggling to catch up and even worse other countries will be starting to the Transformer soon putting a further strain on supplies.

So I hope there will be some keyboard bundle stock arriving in the next week or two which might be enough to meet most pre-orders but not enough to get one to everyone who's waiting and I expect Asus to announce that the keyboard upgrade program will be extended beyond 25th April to encourage people to still order the tablet and upgrade later (which is a pretty smart move on their part).

Guest mo_sjo

I just ordered one from Comet with the 5OFF 5% discount. Earliest delivery date was 21st of April. I hope they don't let me down as i'm on holiday a few days later!