spb shell

Guest obb

Guest ViPaSoft

Used an earlier version on my old windows phone and it was brilliant. It didn't seem to slow down the phone at all and had lots of widgets built in. I used it for a couple of years and was looking forward to giving it a go on my Vega, but they decided to make it non-tablet compatible, which seems a strange route to take with all the current interest in tablet computers.

Guest jp514
I just tried this again, if anyone's interested, on the CM7 beta build, and it runs quite nicely.

Does it have landscape support yet?

Guest Disinform
Does it have landscape support yet?

Nope. Doubt that's going to be around for a while, if ever - seems pretty much portrait oriented, been running it on my Streak for a week now and can't see how you'd get it working in landscape without making it look awful. Still I love my Vega in portrait, gives it a bookish feel.

Edited by Disinform

Guest jp514
Nope. Doubt that's going to be around for a while, if ever - seems pretty much portrait oriented, been running it on my Streak for a week now and can't see how you'd get it working in landscape without making it look awful. Still I love my Vega in portrait, gives it a bookish feel.

I wrote the review for coolsmartphone, whilst reviewing I spoke to the developers who suggested landscape support would be coming soon. If this ever happens though is another matter.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest newbe5
This looks pretty cool would like support for tablets, but the price is too high.

It's not really designed for tablets at all, even if it worked, the UI just isn't the best layout and would waste a lot of space on the larger screens. They will know this, which is why they won't be spending too much time developing this for tablets tbh. It's great on a phone when you can flash it to your friends down the pub, but how many of you take your tablet to the pub?

Seems they should have been pitching this at a manufacturer to have it bundled on phones... Maybe they did but it fell flat? Who knows?

newbe5

Guest SeiferTV
Does it run landscape for you? No matter what I do (settings GSensor, Spare Parts etc) I can't get it into Landscape. Didn't see anything cool in the video, what's it got then?

Cheers

lol! For some reason I've never tested on landscape, and no, it doesn't switch to landscape ( not my default launcher, I'm using VTL )

On the plus side for this Launcher: Individual wallpapers for each desktop, cool consistent-looking widgets ( can be downloaded separatedly from the market ) , VERY fluid and the eye candy doesn't look like it's overcrowding the screen. You can also place the icons without following a strict grid as every other launcer I've seen before.

It's actually well implemented, but that landscape issue is a big buzzkill.

Guest Minimonkey

Emailed spb regarding tablet support and maybe a price drop and this is their reply:

Thank you for your message and interest in SPB Software. We are working on it. Please follow our further updates.