MOBOPLAYER

Guest stoolzo

Guest stoolzo

Check moboplayer out in this link below, best media player I have yet come accross (tried about 15).

I no longer own the Vega but I thought this might be useful info. My Phone would not play high profile H264 without pretty much hanging before but my phone (HD2) now almost plays high profile using MOBO in software mode suggesting MOBO has some decent CPU optimisations. My old vega was always much better at playing vids than my phone so I am think MOBO might be able to cope with High profile vids in software mode.

Can someone check it out and report back - make sure you test at least a one gig file encoded as MKV H264 high profile.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/06/32...eek-33011-4611/

Guest beegee1962
Check moboplayer out in this link below, best media player I have yet come accross (tried about 15).

I no longer own the Vega but I thought this might be useful info. My Phone would not play high profile H264 without pretty much hanging before but my phone (HD2) now almost plays high profile using MOBO in software mode suggesting MOBO has some decent CPU optimisations. My old vega was always much better at playing vids than my phone so I am think MOBO might be able to cope with High profile vids in software mode.

Can someone check it out and report back - make sure you test at least a one gig file encoded as MKV H264 high profile.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/06/32...eek-33011-4611/

Maybe its working well on another Android device, but I uninstalled after 10 minutes.

First it didn't play anything on my Viewpad 10s, then on second start it told me I have to download a different version.

I downloaded the different version, but videos are not playing well, either without sound or distorted or not playing at all.

Maybe its just me and my videos and the ROM I try at the moment (V1.10 for UX100) but for me on a P10AN01 clone its not working.

Guest stoolzo
Maybe its working well on another Android device, but I uninstalled after 10 minutes.

First it didn't play anything on my Viewpad 10s, then on second start it told me I have to download a different version.

I downloaded the different version, but videos are not playing well, either without sound or distorted or not playing at all.

Maybe its just me and my videos and the ROM I try at the moment (V1.10 for UX100) but for me on a P10AN01 clone its not working.

bugger, suggests its not optimised for tegra maybe, I had high hopes for this player. Are vega ROMS compatible with your device?, if so try the modaco ROM to see if things improve.

Guest beegee1962
bugger, suggests its not optimised for tegra maybe, I had high hopes for this player. Are vega ROMS compatible with your device?, if so try the modaco ROM to see if things improve.

Yes, my device is full compatible with the Vega. I had tried Vega stock, MoDaCo and other custom Vega ROMs on the Viewpad before, they run perfect. Had some issues with the 3G card, but that has for sure nothing to do with video players. Cannot flash back the MoDaCo R8 at the moment, as I am travelling and cannot restore if something goes wrong. Will give it another try on the weekend, when I am home.

Guest HunteronX

I think that the video playback problem is that tegra 2 doesn't support NEON, which stoolzo's HTC HD2 has (snapdragon).

If there is a arm 'v6 ftp' (floating point ?) version, that should work.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest stoolzo
I think that the video playback problem is that tegra 2 doesn't support NEON, which stoolzo's HTC HD2 has (snapdragon).

If there is a arm 'v6 ftp' (floating point ?) version, that should work.

that might very well be it, i'm sure some tegra optimised players will be around soon though.