Need Help getting Flash Player on

Guest N77

Hi Guys,

Seems like this is the place to ask this, as I have been thinking about getting a Vega for a while, had an Archos but the Vega seems to be easier to alter so I have brought a month old one, with your custom ROM already installed, but after the person I brought it off removed his info on the device Flash Player is not installed.

I have searched for it on the market, but it appears that as I don't have a phone and this is not "official" on the device I cannot see it to download it.

I have thought of reverting back to the original Advent ROM with Flash Player already installed, then putting back on the Modaco ROM, but was not sure if this would work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or advice, I did a search but only seem to find about downloading from the market.

Please Help, just learning at the moment so any help appreciated. Seems like a top forum and I believe you can subsribe to? what does this include.

Many Thanks

Guest McMav
That's excellent, many thanks.

Just also a quick question, am I able to download straight onto the Vega and install from there or through the PC.

A little new to this stuff at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Was wondering the same any advise would be gratefully recieved.

Guest trevor432990
That's excellent, many thanks.

Just also a quick question, am I able to download straight onto the Vega and install from there or through the PC.

A little new to this stuff at the moment.

Thanks in advance

To carry out upgrades to ROM you need to have a PC connected via USB cable and use either ADB or Clockwork Mode system to do it. You can download and install apps direct to the Vega without a PC but I tend to get mine through the Android Market which is pretty straight-forward and mostly reliable. Other items such as docs can also be downloaded directly but you will normally need to install an app to view them. :D

To carry out upgrades to ROM you need to have a PC connected via USB cable and use either ADB or Clockwork Mode system to do it. You can download and install apps direct to the Vega without a PC but I tend to get mine through the Android Market which is pretty straight-forward and mostly reliable. Other items such as docs can also be downloaded directly but you will normally need to install an app to view them. :D

It was more the Flash Player add on I was asking the question of how to install. I did download one previously direct to the Vega but got the messgage "Parse error" There is a problem parsing the package when selecting it from the SDCARD through iFileManager.

Thanks

Guest WelshPhil

Flash is also available on the market place once you have flashed your rom with MCRv8. I installed "Flash" last night, very painless

Guest Minimonkey

Download the flash apk direct to vega and you should be able to install directly

v10.1.120.1_signed.apk recommended as 10.2 has artifact problems.

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest trevor432990
Flash is also available on the market place once you have flashed your rom with MCRv8. I installed "Flash" last night, very painless

The only issue with getting the latest Flash 10.2 from the market is that it has not been optimised to run on Tegra processors I believe so I've stuck with the 10.1 version from the link previously mentioned which has been.

Guest McMav
Download the flash apk direct to vega and you should be able to install directly

cheers thats the reply I was hoping for :D

Guest El Nino9
The only issue with getting the latest Flash 10.2 from the market is that it has not been optimised to run on Tegra processors I believe so I've stuck with the 10.1 version from the link previously mentioned which has been.

really?

doesnt the change log on 10.2 flash player on the market say added support for multiple cores or something a long those lines?

mind you on my mates vega its really buggy. on project free tv some adds show others have plain text and sometimes the vids dont even work.

Guest WelshPhil

So far the flash I installed from Market Place seems to be working fine, have used it with, Iplayer, CNN Website, BBC Website etc

The above worked like a dream, woohooo!!!

Did exactly what it said, downloaded it direct from the site onto the Vega, didn't run at first, so went to downloads on the SDCARD through iFileManager and it worked from here :-)

I did download another browser but it doesn't seem to work with that, works fine with the browser that came with it though.

Can anyone recommend a good browser that works okay with Flash 10.1 and also goes to the main websites rather than the mobile ones?

Thanks to all for your help, much appreciated

Guest beegee1962
The above worked like a dream, woohooo!!!

Did exactly what it said, downloaded it direct from the site onto the Vega, didn't run at first, so went to downloads on the SDCARD through iFileManager and it worked from here :-)

I did download another browser but it doesn't seem to work with that, works fine with the browser that came with it though.

Can anyone recommend a good browser that works okay with Flash 10.1 and also goes to the main websites rather than the mobile ones?

Thanks to all for your help, much appreciated

In the default browser type "about:debug" (without the quotes of course).

Nothing seem to change. But when you now open the browsers settings and scroll down you will see "UAstring". Change it to desktop and the standard browser opens websites in the desktop version, not the mobile ones.