Best Custom rom right now

Guest madmerlin

Guest madmerlin

Hey guys, sorry for posting but i have been looking and i cannot find a consensual agreement or definition of the best custom rom currently for the Advent Vega.

Currently i have got Pauls r8 with all bells and whistles from online kitchen, however its been a while since this was released and i know that other updated roms have been released since and are presumably better. Thus: What is the best custom rom to put on a Vega right now? Please consider roms not just from MoDaCo crew :D

Also would there be any complications with purchased apps and stored app content such as game scores / data or will they be ok if put on the sd card?

Guest premieral
Hey guys, sorry for posting but i have been looking and i cannot find a consensual agreement or definition of the best custom rom currently for the Advent Vega.

Currently i have got Pauls r8 with all bells and whistles from online kitchen, however its been a while since this was released and i know that other updated roms have been released since and are presumably better. Thus: What is the best custom rom to put on a Vega right now? Please consider roms not just from MoDaCo crew :D

Also would there be any complications with purchased apps and stored app content such as game scores / data or will they be ok if put on the sd card?

always wise to backup apps and data with titanium backup so you can restore all scores etc, also before doing any re flashing of new roms do a complete nandroid backup ( i.e. full system backup with clockwork mod ) which if you dont have use vega tools 3 to install on your vega.

then its just a matter of personal taste i have used or tried most of them except fuji but that is looking tempting now, they all offer something different so the only way to tell is to try it and see what suits you best. so long as you have the backup of the last working system then the worst that happens is you have to reflash stock rom and then install clockwork mod and then restore B) seemples ;)

also have tried the cm7 rom which is being updated nightly but not quite sure of it yet as it just doesnt suit me but if you are looking for something quite different and you have the time to install the google apps etc then give it a go.

finally android market remembers ( so longer as you use the same account ) all purchased items so you can re install them if you need to

good luck

Guest peter a
finally android market remembers ( so longer as you use the same account ) all purchased items so you can re install them if you need to

good luck

With me it knows the difference between my phone and my vega.

But even if you change roms it still knows it`s the same vega.

So I can`t install any purchased apps on my phone , which I purchased on the vega.

But like I said , every time I tested a new rom out it`s worked out it`s the same machine.

Guest shrubbery
corvus rom is the best rom nowwwww

I personally prefer Fuji TNT Lite which is based on Corvus's ROM but has a nicer notification bar in my opinion.

It is so subjective though that you are better installing them all one by one and choosing the one that suites you best.

Guest warriorscot

Best is probably corvus right now. Really its probably what the Modaco would be at if Paul kept at it past R8. Not hugely different when compared to the R8 with the MCK or Buzz kernel but has a few nice touches to compensate. The Fuji rom doesn't seem different enough to corvus or buzz to me to be worth trying but maybe someone can convince me.

Once Cyanogen has some more of the bugs worked out I am looking forward to giving that a try.

Guest zzleezz
With me it knows the difference between my phone and my vega.

But even if you change roms it still knows it`s the same vega.

So I can`t install any purchased apps on my phone , which I purchased on the vega.

But like I said , every time I tested a new rom out it`s worked out it`s the same machine.

Reference your problem installing purchased apps on different handsets/tablets.

I took a while to work this out. Have had a HTC desire since last april, my primary email account on that is (fictional for demonstration purposes) [email protected]. I then also set up a secondary account with gmail [email protected] in order to purchase apps with google checkout.

When I bought my vega at xmas time I thought I would be clever and install the [email protected] account as my primary account on the vega thinking because it was the account I bought the apps with that I would then be able to use the apps on my vega that I had purchased on the desire - wrong! Didnt work. And the reason being that when you buy an app it is linked to the PRIMARY address on the device, in my case [email protected]. Once I reset my accounts and made [email protected] my primary account (can only do this by resetting the device :D ) it worked as intended and I have all the paid for apps on both handsets.

Hope this helps you

Guest premieral
Reference your problem installing purchased apps on different handsets/tablets.

I took a while to work this out. Have had a HTC desire since last april, my primary email account on that is (fictional for demonstration purposes) [email protected]. I then also set up a secondary account with gmail [email protected] in order to purchase apps with google checkout.

When I bought my vega at xmas time I thought I would be clever and install the [email protected] account as my primary account on the vega thinking because it was the account I bought the apps with that I would then be able to use the apps on my vega that I had purchased on the desire - wrong! Didnt work. And the reason being that when you buy an app it is linked to the PRIMARY address on the device, in my case [email protected]. Once I reset my accounts and made [email protected] my primary account (can only do this by resetting the device B) ) it worked as intended and I have all the paid for apps on both handsets.

Hope this helps you

good advice thank you :D