[ROM 2.3.6] t&l Metal

Guest lgcmn

Is POM without the Acer UI?

Yes, In AOSP version used standart Android UI

Does it still have the optimised APK's?

Yes

Is it rooted?

Yes

Differences are minimal: 1) Interface (Acer UI or Android Ui)

2) Default caller and contacts programm. (Standart android or AOSP)

Guest stonebear

Installed it (ROM not POM), these were not there? ES File Explorer v1.6.0.7, Link2SD v1.9.3, Quick Boot v4.1

That's not a complaint, it's a nice rom. :)

Edited by stonebear

Installed it (ROM not POM), these were not there? ES File Explorer v1.6.0.7, Link2SD v1.9.3, Quick Boot v4.1

That's not a complaint, it's a nice rom. :)

as i can see u did a hard reset after flashing my rom, that's why all app's in /data dissapeared.. hard rest is done automatically during flashing the rom, so u don't need to do it after flashing ;)

Edited by lgcmn

Guest stonebear

as i can see u did a hard reset after flashing my rom, that's why all app's in /data dissapeared.. hard rest is done automatically during flashing the rom, so u don't need to do it after flashing ;)

Yea, I did.

Thanks, I was over-zealous about making sure nothing would be left from previous installs! ;)

Guest Rotorcycle

first post updated ;)

Thanks. What a great ROM!

I installed the first one with the acer UI. It all works very well so far. I have only just installed it today, but already I like it better than other ROMs I've tried. Less is certainly more when it comes to this phone. After uninstalling that navigation program that I can't read (Russian?), I now have 142MB free on the phone. cool.gif

However, when I try and install the 1600MHz boot file, I get a message:

"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted."

Obviously, I'm using CWM recovery 3.0. Should I be using another recovery version, or should I be using TechnoLover's 1.1 kernel?

Obviously, I'm using CWM recovery 3.0. Should I be using another recovery version, or should I be using TechnoLover's 1.1 kernel?

i use AmonRa recovery and it has no problem with update-scripts)) it's funny).. didn't know that CWM recovery has problems with that)

Guest Rotorcycle

i use AmonRa recovery and it has no problem with update-scripts)) it's funny).. didn't know that CWM recovery has problems with that)

Thanks for the quick reply. smile.gif

I've gone back to AmonRa 2.2, and all is well. For some reason I was under the impression that 2.2 no longer worked for Android 2.3.6.

Hmmm, yes, it was from the Gingerounay thread:

"1. You have to be on the latest GingerBread update (4.000.13). You can find it on Acer website.

2. You will need an updated version of the recovery for that bin to flash the ROM. V3.0."

Anyway, all is as it should be now. I still have 142MB free, time to start installing my apps. Thanks again.

Guest recorder

Really nice rom

but is there a manual way to remove the camera sound...

and how do i activate the vibration on the dialer.

when i dial a number i am suppose to get a haptic feedback if i activated it right?

Edited by recorder

Guest vikings123

no, u don't) i have 2.2 recovery and have no problems ;)

That's what I thought.

Thanks for the great ROM.

I have one problem with sensitivity of the screen. Not a big deal. I will figure it out myself!

Guest Rotorcycle

I seem to be having a problem with text to speech. I get an FC error when I go into text to speech settings. Is this because I do not have a TTS apk? I tried downloading the Pico TTS .apk, but that comes up with an FC error too.

I have voice recognition working fine, but for the life of me, I cannot get TTS to work with this ROM. It does work on the stock 2.3.6.

Guest stonebear

I had a problem with syncing Gmail when I had t&l 2.3.5 installed. Sometime it would sync and sometimes not, if I did "sync now" a little red error thing flashed. It has put me off installing t&l 2.3.6, I am currently using official 2.3.6. If I could be sure Gmail was working properly with t&l 2.3.6 I would install it. Can someone confirm it for me please?

Edited by stonebear

I seem to be having a problem with text to speech. I get an FC error when I go into text to speech settings. Is this because I do not have a TTS apk? I tried downloading the Pico TTS .apk, but that comes up with an FC error too.

I have voice recognition working fine, but for the life of me, I cannot get TTS to work with this ROM. It does work on the stock 2.3.6.

u need to download module "All deleted stock app" and leave in it only PicoTts.apk and TtsService.apk and flash via recovery with no sign checkwink.gif

Edited by lgcmn

Guest stonebear

u need to download module "All deleted stock app" and leave in it only PicoTts.apk and TtsService.apk and flash via recovery with no sign checkwink.gif

I should have done that with Gmail then? What I did was use Titanium to restore it from a backup from the official rom.