USB and Wireless USB stick won't detect

Guest bidhan

Guest bidhan

Hi,

I am kind of novice in working with vega. Although I have installed the custom ROM from modaco. I have few problems. The vega definitely works as a master because when i connect my mobile it gets charged.

However, when i connect my wireless usb stick it does not detect anything. How can i set the wireless usb.

Secondly, even when i try to put usb drive it does not detect. What could be the problem?

I am sure this topic must have been discussed somewhere. But your explanation is very much appreciated.

Many thanks .

regards

Guest trevor432990
Hi,

I am kind of novice in working with vega. Although I have installed the custom ROM from modaco. I have few problems. The vega definitely works as a master because when i connect my mobile it gets charged.

However, when i connect my wireless usb stick it does not detect anything. How can i set the wireless usb.

Secondly, even when i try to put usb drive it does not detect. What could be the problem?

I am sure this topic must have been discussed somewhere. But your explanation is very much appreciated.

Many thanks .

regards

What do you mean 'Wireless USB'? I presume you are trying to plug in a Wi-fi Dongle via the USB is this correct? This is not supported by the Vega as it does not have the relevant comms drivers (AFAIK) besides why would you want to do this when the built-in wi-fi is adequate for most people. Those who have had issues have posted their problems and have received suggestions so use the 'SEARCH' facility and you will find them.

As far as your USB drive not being detected are you sure your Vega is in 'Host' mode and have you looked for the USB device in /mnt/usb/system_usb/ yet?

Guest bidhan
What do you mean 'Wireless USB'? I presume you are trying to plug in a Wi-fi Dongle via the USB is this correct? This is not supported by the Vega as it does not have the relevant comms drivers (AFAIK) besides why would you want to do this when the built-in wi-fi is adequate for most people. Those who have had issues have posted their problems and have received suggestions so use the 'SEARCH' facility and you will find them.

As far as your USB drive not being detected are you sure your Vega is in 'Host' mode and have you looked for the USB device in /mnt/usb/system_usb/ yet?

Thank you for the reply.

I have put the vega in the host mode. As I said it charges the mobile phone which meant that vega is acting as a master.

I will definitely try to look at /mnt/usb/system_usb/

many thanks.

Guest trevor432990
Thank you for the reply.

I have put the vega in the host mode. As I said it charges the mobile phone which meant that vega is acting as a master.

I will definitely try to look at /mnt/usb/system_usb/

many thanks.

If it is in HOST mode you will see the word HOST in the Kernel Version within SETTINGS > ABOUT DEVICE if you are running an older kernel it will say POV within the string instead. Didn't think the Vega could 'charge' anything from previous posts other people had made. :D