For anyone who's ordered a keyboard-less eee pad

Guest robVRS

Guest Deus_ex11

Great news Matchstick. I've put my order in, with the discounts I got from the code and quidco, it works out cheaper than if bought as a bundle.

Guest Uxian

Thanks for the update. Still have to wait though. Comet botched sending my email confirmation (probably wrote down the address wrong) and they send the invoice separately through the Royal Mail rather than inside the package. No rush though as they said I should get it in 7 days or so.

Guest Deus_ex11

I got a email back from Asus. It includes a pdf invoice and payment details. You have to pay by bank transfer. Its £49.99 + 4.99 delivery charge. It says they will deliver it as soon as they arrive in the UK, but it could be anytime up to the end of May. I hope its sooner than later. I'll probably just get another one with the keyboard bundled anyway. :)

Guest Matchstick
I got a email back from Asus. It includes a pdf invoice and payment details. You have to pay by bank transfer. Its £49.99 + 4.99 delivery charge. It says they will deliver it as soon as they arrive in the UK, but it could be anytime up to the end of May. I hope its sooner than later. I'll probably just get another one with the keyboard bundled anyway. :)

Just got my email from Asus and sent off the payment.

How did we ever manage before on-line banking came along ? :)

Guest mamoulian
I got a email back from Asus. It includes a pdf invoice and payment details. You have to pay by bank transfer.

Oh good. This means I have to phone my stupid bank.

Still, yaay, keyboard! Yaay screen that holds itself up in a comfortable position!

It does sound like they're pretty efficient too, getting that reply to you within the day. Sent my email yesterday but I reckon they'll have a few collected from the weekend.

Guest Putzy

Still awaiting a reply back.... if I'm still waiting tomorrow, will send off another email.

Is bank transfer the only method of payment. Never done it before, so it'll be an experience.....

Guest ritdaw
Still awaiting a reply back.... if I'm still waiting tomorrow, will send off another email.

Is bank transfer the only method of payment. Never done it before, so it'll be an experience.....

My email took over a day to arrive and yes bank transfer is the only option they according to the PDF they send.

Guest RedSlug
Made my payment to them, can't wait!

Make sure you do it electronically, on-line.

I went to LLoydsTSB to pay it and they tried to charge me £20 to do a BACS transfer. Ortherwise they could not do it as it did not have a tear off strip at the bottom of the page.

At HSBC, they could not do it because they did not have the facility to add a reference number to to the transaction. ie, it would have been anonymous.

How do you provide a serial number for a pre-order?

:)

My first post, but If it helps I sent an email to Asus using the ilovekeyboard email address provided as follows:

"I understand that you can offer the keyboard at a price of around £54.99 inc vat to purchasers of the Transformer, but before 25 April 2011.

I have pre-ordered the transformer tablet, but stock is not expected until after your deadline day. One of your conditions asks for the Asus tablet serial number to be evidenced, but I obviously cannot provide that until the unit is delivered! I can only evidence the pre-order.

Please advise how I can qualify."

I received the following response from Asus the next day, which suggests they will hold the pre-order keyboard qualification details on file pending submission of the device serial no. Seems reasonable to me:

"Thank you for ordering the Transformer.

Please can you send us the serial number when you receive your unit for us to finish processing your order.

In the meantime we will keep you details on record so you don’t miss out on the bundle offer."

My first post, but If it helps I sent an email to Asus using the ilovekeyboard email address provided as follows:

"I understand that you can offer the keyboard at a price of around £54.99 inc vat to purchasers of the Transformer, but before 25 April 2011.

I have pre-ordered the transformer tablet, but stock is not expected until after your deadline day. One of your conditions asks for the Asus tablet serial number to be evidenced, but I obviously cannot provide that until the unit is delivered! I can only evidence the pre-order.

Please advise how I can qualify."

I received the following response from Asus the next day, which suggests they will hold the pre-order keyboard qualification details on file pending submission of the device serial no. Seems reasonable to me:

"Thank you for ordering the Transformer.

Please can you send us the serial number when you receive your unit for us to finish processing your order.

In the meantime we will keep you details on record so you don’t miss out on the bundle offer."

Very, very helpful. Thank you.

I sent my details minus the serial number, explaining that I'd pre-ordered and asking if it was alright. :) I guess I'll get a similar response. Good news!

Guest gordon brown
Very, very helpful. Thank you.

I sent my details minus the serial number, explaining that I'd pre-ordered and asking if it was alright. :) I guess I'll get a similar response. Good news!

Did the same, initially got a reply saying they would keep details on file and to send serial number when I get it. Today I got another email confirming my order with an invoice and payment instructions. The way things are going so far I would bet its a possibility that I end up getting the keyboard before the tablet.

EDIT

Asus replied to my enquiry about this

We created the invoice to ensure you do not miss out on the offer.

We will ship out the Keyboards when the stock lands, payment has cleared and we have your serial number.

If you could please send over your units serial number when you receive it, that would be much appreciated.

At least they are handling the keyboard part of it sensibly.

Edited by gordon brown

Someone can tell me BIC and IBAN for the Asus payment for the keyboard? My bank need it for money transfer.

Thank you

The details needed are all on the invoice they sent you. I just took it into the bank. And I didn't get charged 20 quid or whatever like someone said.

Guest chrispazz

I have the invoice but I need IBAN and BIC code but only have Sort Code.

I have to do money transfer from a non UK bank...

Thank you

Guest Boyers
Great news Matchstick. I've put my order in, with the discounts I got from the code and quidco, it works out cheaper than if bought as a bundle.

I'm sorry to be negative, but you would think that the half-wits at Asus, having totally screwed-up the launch of the Transformer in both the UK and USA - totally underestimating the supply, only making it available from a company more used to selling washing machines, with no availability at all of the docking station, might have had the common sense to extend the deadline beyond 29th April! Asus may have designed an excellent product, but unfortunately it has a totally crap marketing team - virtually useless!

Guest Mr Paul
I have the invoice but I need IBAN and BIC code but only have Sort Code.

I have to do money transfer from a non UK bank...

Thank you

I have no idea what your on about mate...

Guest chrispazz

Eheh. It's was not so easy. I have found the branch code on internet and then i calculated the correct iban.

Will we receive a notification about money receipt or keyboard shipping?

Guest Deus_ex11

A tweet from Asus UK. "First UK deliveries will be used to clear ilovekeyboard orders. Mid May delivery but we will advise date next week." Bundles will probably be in stores around that time too.

I need that keyboard as I can't get use to typing on the screen for anything longer than a couple of sentences. I need the tactile feedback. I would like to try swiftkey for tablets but that isn't ready. Any other good thumb keyboards with better prediction?