Completely Unresponsive Phone

Guest Gkmck

Guest Gkmck

Please help! I have completely killed my phone attempting to upgrade to 2.3 using this guide:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...2-3-swiftdroid/

I really need help! There is no response when the power is pressed or when usb is plugged into phone, and sending back isn't an option as I have (obviously) voided the warranty).

Thanks!

Edited by Gkmck

Guest JackG

How to repair your device if it feels like dead. When you click power button nothing happens (Note that this may not work, its only a theory)

Make sure you use USB ports that are in back of youre PC, dont use front ones.

Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.

Take the battery out, then try to boot your phone into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER).

If the phone booted into Emergency/Download mode, launch KDZ Updater.

In TYPE dropdown menu, choose EMERGENCY.

Load KDZ(ROM) and flash your phone.

If the phone failed to boot into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER), launch KDZ Updater.

In TYPE dropdown menu, choose CS_EMERGENCY.

Load KDZ(ROM) and flash your phone.

If the phone still dont work, take your phone to local LG Waranty service or your Operator which sold you the phone. Tell them that after you turned the phone off, it dosnt seem to turn back on again. And also make some angry face, something like this: >:[ so the girls that work there would be scared and respect you.

[Taken from GT540 Reference Thread]

Edited by JackG

Guest Gkmck
GK,

you need to tell us how far you went through the update process.

This is the last few lines of the update log:

[22:31:48:015] : Error in DLOAD MODE : Req(12) -> Rsp(19)

[22:31:48:015] : >> DIAG_STATUS_F FAILED

[22:31:48:020] : >>Get Model Name [DIAG_VERNO_F]

[22:31:48:020] : Clear

[22:31:48:021] : strModel = GT540

[22:31:48:044] : Read NV item: 71 NV ITEM 71 [71]

[22:31:48:044] : Clear

[22:31:48:046] : CSW

[22:31:48:046] : Banner : CSW

[22:31:48:046] : WM_COPYDATA ¸Þ½ÃÁö º¸³¿ 0 - GT540

[22:31:48:046] : Clear

[22:31:48:057] : Write NV item:9028 NV ITEM 9028

[22:31:48:057] : 9028 - NV_DONE_S Item

[22:31:48:057] : Clear

[22:31:48:057] : WM_COPYDATA ¸Þ½ÃÁö º¸³¿ 3 - Close Port

[22:31:48:057] : Close Port<<

[22:31:48:057] : ¸Þ½ÃÁö º¸³¿ - TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_OK

[22:31:50:098] : Log finished

Guest JackG

It appears im now im the same situation, KDZ failed during an update, and now holding power doesnt do anything, download mode doesn't work, I do have a backup phone, i'll have to dig out my old Viewty and go to carphone warehouse and lie to them lmfao

Guest Dr.Alani
This is the last few lines of the update log:

[22:31:48:015] : Error in DLOAD MODE : Req(12) -> Rsp(19)

[22:31:48:015] : >> DIAG_STATUS_F FAILED

[22:31:48:020] : >>Get Model Name [DIAG_VERNO_F]

[22:31:48:020] : Clear

[22:31:48:021] : strModel = GT540

[22:31:48:044] : Read NV item: 71 NV ITEM 71 [71]

[22:31:48:044] : Clear

[22:31:48:046] : CSW

[22:31:48:046] : Banner : CSW

[22:31:48:046] : WM_COPYDATA ¸Þ½ÃÁö º¸³¿ 0 - GT540

[22:31:48:046] : Clear

[22:31:48:057] : Write NV item:9028 NV ITEM 9028

[22:31:48:057] : 9028 - NV_DONE_S Item

[22:31:48:057] : Clear

[22:31:48:057] : WM_COPYDATA ¸Þ½ÃÁö º¸³¿ 3 - Close Port

[22:31:48:057] : Close Port<<

[22:31:48:057] : ¸Þ½ÃÁö º¸³¿ - TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_OK

[22:31:50:098] : Log finished

You have nothing more to do. Take it to the LG service center.

If you can not do that, another solution is to fix it yourself. You will need a a JTAG device. A well-known one that can fix the GT-540 is called RiffBox. You will need to take out the motherboard of the phone and weld some pins from the JTAG device into it in certain places (described carefully in the device documents) and connect the device to the computer and the software will flash a boot loader instead of the corrupted one that you now have. Then you will have only Download Mode. From there you can flash again using KDZ.

PS: If you take it to the service center. Just tell them that you left the phone working at night and when you woke up in the morning it wasn't working. They will change the board for you. This is included in the warranty :)

Edited by Dr.Alani

Guest Medeneusniice
You have nothing more to do. Take it to the LG service center.

If you can not do that, another solution is to fix it yourself. You will need a a JTAG device. A well-known one that can fix the GT-540 is called RiffBox. You will need to take out the motherboard of the phone and weld some pins from the JTAG device into it in certain places (described carefully in the device documents) and connect the device to the computer and the software will flash a boot loader instead of the corrupted one that you now have. Then you will have only Download Mode. From there you can flash again using KDZ.

PS: If you take it to the service center. Just tell them that you left the phone working at night and when you woke up in the morning it wasn't working. They will change the board for you. This is included in the warranty :)

Imma be short, if u can't take it to LG, or a good hacker/progammer, u can throw away that phone!

Same thing happend to me, I don't have the warranty, i took it to the service here nd they can't fix it !! Nd no one is able to fix it, except if lg replaces it. I used that phone 7 days! I will never buy nd lg phone or android pfone again!

Guest Dr.Alani

Don't just give up. Its not that cheap to throw away .. lool. If you can not do anything to it, there is a mail-in service at the UK that you can send the phone through mail and they fix it and send it back. It is not that expensive I think it is around 25 euros.

Here is the link:

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/cable_picker/...service%29.html

Edited by Dr.Alani

Guest Gkmck
Don't just give up. Its not that cheap to through away .. lool. If you can not do anything to it, there is a mail-in service at the UK that you can send the phone through mail and they fix it and send it back. It is not that expensive I think it is around 25 euros.

Here is the link:

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/cable_picker/...service%29.html

Thanks! I'll definitely use this service! :) Thanks so much for your help :)

Guest JackG

I've returned mine to Carphone Warehouse and they have sent it off, but now lets see if its repaired. I have to wait 10-14 days (Fingers Crossed it is repaired)

Guest Gkmck
I've returned mine to Carphone Warehouse and they have sent it off, but now lets see if its repaired. I have to wait 10-14 days (Fingers Crossed it is repaired)

I've done the same. They said its under warranty :L :)

Guest JackG
Thanks! :) Mine has been sent to Wednesbury in Sheffield for repairs so it is gonna be like 10 days :/

If they wont fix it I might invest in a Wildfire S or Desire S I might leap for a HTC Windows Phone :/

Guest Gkmck
GOOD NEWS!

The Carphone Warehouse called me today and said my phone had been fixed! My sister is picking it up for me after work :)

YAY! Good for you! :( I'm still waiting :/ It says they are still waiting on parts :)

Guest Medeneusniice
YAY! Good for you! :o I'm still waiting :/ It says they are still waiting on parts :mellow:

Well after 2 weeks of waiting, i just got the phone back, and they can't fick it. So i'm just gona throw it away. I Bought the new Nokia E-7. nd im more then satisfied...