so everyone is upgrading to cm7?

Guest h3dshot

Guest h3dshot

been a while since ive been on these forums, been fine and dandy with cm6:)

and now it appears that every1 is moving onto cm7, from what i can recall it wasnt very stable and had alot of problems?

i assume thats all fixed now that every1 is running it?

is it worth upgrading from a very stable cm6?

thanks

Guest Pulseuser1
cm7 dosen,t install , but many are happy trying to install it.

Hedshot It does install, there are some bugs with it like camera not working, but they are fixing that and its going to become CM7.1 OFFICIAL in a few weeks time :)

Its just that you westportau havent bothered to actually search the board to install it properly with the Gapps and market working properly which it does now. Instead you come with these nonsensical comments no one wants to hear..

Guest h3dshot
Hedshot It does install, there are some bugs with it like camera not working, but they are fixing that and its going to become CM7.1 OFFICIAL in a few weeks time :)

Its just that you westportau havent bothered to actually search the board to install it properly with the Gapps and market working properly which it does now. Instead you come with these nonsensical comments no one wants to hear..

ok thanks ill wait for a couple of weeks for the official to be released:)

Guest westportau

sticks and stones ..rom dosent install,market dosent work..keep up the great work antonio

Guest Casterina
sticks and stones ..rom dosent install,market dosent work..keep up the great work antonio

Other people who have installed gapps + ROM have said it works.. Maybe you didn't follow the instructions properly? :/

Guest eckengucker1

But you must admit that this is a rumor that it becomes an offical CM mod. This will never happen. Its only a wet dream. Pulse is too much outdated.

Guest AntonioPT
But you must admit that this is a rumor that it becomes an offical CM mod. This will never happen. Its only a wet dream. Pulse is too much outdated.

Tom has stated that the Pulse's device config will be merged to the official CM repos as of the 7.1 release.

Guest Pulseuser1

Sticks and stones what? I didn't insult you, I simply stated a fact...and if you think you can create a better ROM why don't u try it yourself instead of bugging off AntonioPT and Tom G :)

Guest gwenhwyfaer

So if you couldn't install the ROM, how precisely did you ascertain that the market doesn't work...?

Guest westportau
Sticks and stones what? I didn't insult you, I simply stated a fact...and if you think you can create a better ROM why don't u try it yourself instead of bugging off AntonioPT and Tom G :)

ive never made comments about tom g ever,,but i know he is an expert and likes to get things right..maybe you should get your facts right.

Guest Pulseuser1
ive never made comments about tom g ever,,but i know he is an expert and likes to get things right..maybe you should get your facts right.

Whatever....but as said before...this Unnoffical ALPHA (not even beta) CM7 Rom would not be expected to work properly since its alpha afterall...if ur so keen to get CM7 on your phone, get a new one and stop postin unhelpful rubbish in this forum...so you get ur facts right on what those terms mean...

Guest twrock

Ok, getting back to the OP's question.....

For testing purposes, I installed CM7. Seems to be working "fine", but, yes, it isn't perfect (and neither has any other rom been).

My biggest issue that I couldn't get past, and that kept me from continuing testing, was it's slowness. In my couple of hours of testing, it just wasn't as quick as CM6. I suspect it would slow down more if I loaded it up with apps and the usual widgets I use.

I have every hope it will speed up as people like Tom and Antonio keep working on it, but in its current form, I won't be using it as my daily use rom.

But that is only one guy's opinion. And as always, YMMV.

Edited by twrock

Guest westportau
Whatever....but as said before...this Unnoffical ALPHA (not even beta) CM7 Rom would not be expected to work properly since its alpha afterall...if ur so keen to get CM7 on your phone, get a new one and stop postin unhelpful rubbish in this forum...so you get ur facts right on what those terms mean...

SeeMs you own this forum,keep your delusional ideas to the matter in hand..roms.and dont attack other forum members with your non factual comments.

Guest igor_anta
SeeMs you own this forum,keep your delusional ideas to the matter in hand..roms.and dont attack other forum members with your non factual comments.

Oh, just shut up. If you don't like the ROM than don't use it! You're not even reporting bugs, you're reporting your stupidity cause you can't manage to follow instructions and install the thing. When you learn how to do that and actually use a ROM come back here and post impressions, not this gibberish. Dumb troll.

The ROM does install, but just as twrock said the problem is that it's very slow. The gallery is almost unusable, games unplayable and so on, so I assume it has something to do with 2D/3D acceleration, animations are clunky and so on. I guess Tom G fixed this cause he said that the version he currently uses is fast and he doesn't notice any slowness. And as Antonie said a few post up, there will be an official version, Tom G said it should happen sometime during the next week.

Keep up the good work guys, ignore the imbeciles. Cheers!

Guest h3dshot

oh ok thanks for the help guys :)

on another issue i was wondering if you guys could help me solve, i think i have a2sd enabled, not sure tho but im often getting messages in my status bar rejecting incoming sms as memory is full but ive only got like 3-4 apps from market installed everything else was default, and ive deleted all sms threads :S it sorts itself out after a reboot and then does it again later :)

Guest Casterina

If you had a2sd enabled then you would have like 85mb like i did. Go to the market and download the a2sd gui app, install it and go on 'apps on SD' - this will move all your apps to the SD card :) and if it doesn#'t move your sd card.. it'll tell you whats wrong etc

Guest h3dshot
If you had a2sd enabled then you would have like 85mb like i did. Go to the market and download the a2sd gui app, install it and go on 'apps on SD' - this will move all your apps to the SD card :) and if it doesn#'t move your sd card.. it'll tell you whats wrong etc

oo thanks i installed it and apparently my apps were on internal memory, i tapped that button it tried moving to sd and couldnt, but didnt give me any reasons why :S

Guest hunk74
Oh, just shut up. If you don't like the ROM than don't use it! You're not even reporting bugs, you're reporting your stupidity cause you can't manage to follow instructions and install the thing. When you learn how to do that and actually use a ROM come back here and post impressions, not this gibberish. Dumb troll.

The ROM does install, but just as twrock said the problem is that it's very slow. The gallery is almost unusable, games unplayable and so on, so I assume it has something to do with 2D/3D acceleration, animations are clunky and so on. I guess Tom G fixed this cause he said that the version he currently uses is fast and he doesn't notice any slowness. And as Antonie said a few post up, there will be an official version, Tom G said it should happen sometime during the next week.

CM7 pulse is out of beta and official?

badword yes!

Ok, i admit I was a bit lazy and didn't install the alpha release as I was too busy playing with my

Galaxy S :)

Will dl the final release and update the pulse toCM7 tho. Can't resist shiny new roms...

Guest totiadrenalin

+1

Guest Casterina
CM7 pulse is out of beta and official?

badword yes!

Ok, i admit I was a bit lazy and didn't install the alpha release as I was too busy playing with my

Galaxy S :)

Will dl the final release and update the pulse toCM7 tho. Can't resist shiny new roms...

The Pulse should have a offical status hopefully by this week :) Tom G/Antonio said it in the CM7 topic.

Guest de_shepherd
The Pulse should have a offical status hopefully by this week :) Tom G/Antonio said it in the CM7 topic.

Though didn't they say it was too late for CM7 and wouldn't be an officially release ROM till CM7.1?

Guest Casterina
Though didn't they say it was too late for CM7 and wouldn't be an officially release ROM till CM7.1?

I think he said i'm not sure.. Tom G/Antonio mentioned the Pulse's CM7 getting a official release for the CM7, could be CM7.1 not sure...