Transformer Accessories

Guest Matchstick

Guest Matchstick

Now the transformer is out there we can start worring about all the little bits of tat we use to dress it up with :)

Personally I'm looking for a neoprene pouch/case so that I've got something to put it in on my way to work - I'm guessing there won't be official cases out for a bit but has anyone found a netbook case that does the job ?

I'm also after a spare cable or usb cable adaptor so I can plug it in both at work and at home without needing to remember to carry the cable around with me.

Guest highbury-gooner
Now the transformer is out there we can start worring about all the little bits of tat we use to dress it up with :)

Personally I'm looking for a neoprene pouch/case so that I've got something to put it in on my way to work - I'm guessing there won't be official cases out for a bit but has anyone found a netbook case that does the job ?

I'm also after a spare cable or usb cable adaptor so I can plug it in both at work and at home without needing to remember to carry the cable around with me.

Hi the only stuff i've come across can be seen at http://www.gearzap.com/tablet-accessories/...ccessories.html :)

Guest Uxian

I bought a case from eBay in advance that was advertised for the Xoom and it works well for the Transformer http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANTI-SHOCK-SLEEVE-CA...=item2562247a8e

Guest highbury-gooner
I bought a case from eBay in advance that was advertised for the Xoom and it works well for the Transformer http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANTI-SHOCK-SLEEVE-CA...=item2562247a8e

I keep seeing those little plastic transparent stands they use on the youtube vids , for me this would be great as i will be using it lot on the night shift for watching movies :) or a case with stand will be nice, very frustrating when stuff is launched and no accessories have hit the shelves :)

Guest MaximumFish

Earlier I bought one of these Samsonite cases from PC World. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsonite-ar...318913-pdt.html

It looked ideal, made for 11" netbooks and designed to be used without needing to take the device out of the case I thought it would be perfect with the keyboard. Alas, while the tablet fits, the case's zip sits directly on top of the power button making it far too easy to turn on. I'll return it tomorrow and try something else.

Guest RedSlug

I bought a case from Tesco. It was supposed to be a netbook case, but it fits very well. They had a few that could have fitted, but I choose one that cost £10. Bargain!

Guest Putzy

Same here... I think it was £5 - can't quite be sure.

Now all we need is a screen protector, the keyboard dock and a good non-dock stand! Hopefully some things will start popping up.

Guest AFK_Matrix

Don't know if this is the right thread but was just wondering if there are any good kits out there for cleaning the screen of the tablet? I have an LCD cleaning kit I got with my video camera but not sure if I can use it on the tablet? I did give it a go cleaning with my glasses cloth but it wasn't great :)

Guest Abnormal1
Don't know if this is the right thread but was just wondering if there are any good kits out there for cleaning the screen of the tablet? I have an LCD cleaning kit I got with my video camera but not sure if I can use it on the tablet? I did give it a go cleaning with my glasses cloth but it wasn't great :)

Well I personally use PixelClean on all my screens, however any LCD screen cleaning product will work.

Also im not sure if there is any polarizing coating on the screen like most LCD's since it uses Gorilla Glass so maybe you could use any glass cleaner. Would not recommend this without confirmation that the screen is just glass and no special coatings.

Guest highbury-gooner
Well I personally use PixelClean on all my screens, however any LCD screen cleaning product will work.

Also im not sure if there is any polarizing coating on the screen like most LCD's since it uses Gorilla Glass so maybe you could use any glass cleaner. Would not recommend this without confirmation that the screen is just glass and no special coatings.

I was watching a youtube video today ( an Unboxing vid) and the guy said at last my Asus tablet arrived today and Asus send me a case and cleaning kit? So not sure if this is standard supply from Asus? It looked like a neoprene type sleeve and a blister pack with a bottle of fluid and cleaning cloths etc??

Edited by highbury-gooner

Guest highbury-gooner
Wow - that's exactly what I'm after as well....hopefully these sorts of things will start to arrives soon.

Thats the type i want also , looks well made and will do a good job in protecting, good spot! We wait ......

Guest cacklemygladys
Anybody tried a 32GB class 10 Micro SDHC in it yet? I'm thinking of getting one but I would like to know it works before I buy it.

I went for a 16gb class 10 micro SD - works fine.

The price difference between 16 and 32gb wasn't worth it IMHO.

Guest Markteacher

I received this in response to an inquiry about cases today, looking promising but without a time scale...

'Glad you are loving the transformer and can only apologies about the light bleed. More stock is on its way!

Cases for the transformer should be landing in retailers very soon and other accessories will be available shortly. As to what they will be is still being confirmed but we will put up a post on our websites as well as facebook and twitter when it has been finalised.

We are aiming to ship out the keyboards as soon as they land with us at the office.

Regards

ASUSTEK (UK) LTD.'

Guest dazzawright
Spoke to the guy at PC Pro, he tells me its the official Asus Transformer case and he's waiting to get more info back from Asus about it and availability for me :)

That is some great detective work. I am going to wait for this official case then i think :-) Thanks for taking the time to find out for us.

Guest sparkypablo
I received this in response to an inquiry about cases today, looking promising but without a time scale...

'Glad you are loving the transformer and can only apologies about the light bleed. More stock is on its way!

Cases for the transformer should be landing in retailers very soon and other accessories will be available shortly. As to what they will be is still being confirmed but we will put up a post on our websites as well as facebook and twitter when it has been finalised.

We are aiming to ship out the keyboards as soon as they land with us at the office.

Regards

ASUSTEK (UK) LTD.'

Hi there i too suffer from light bleed and was wondering what asus solution was to your problem

Regard

sparky