Transformer Accessories

Guest Matchstick

Guest Markteacher
Hi there i too suffer from light bleed and was wondering what asus solution was to your problem

Regard

sparky

No solution from Asus, quick call to Comet to request a replacement, the delivery date of which has currently been bumped 3 times because of lack of stock, my new date is next Tuesday (3rd May), so fingers crossed.

If you are suffering the same problem I suggest you do the same, Asus will only know about the problem if affected units make their way back to the factory.

When I get the new one I will examine it, and if the problem is the same, call Comet and ask for another, though I am hopeful of not having to do that.

The light bleed isnt bad, and if the tablet was a 100 quid cheapie off ebay I would just ignore it. But at £400, it's a problem which needs sorting.

Of course I then get all the fun of setting it up again. :)

Guest Deus_ex11

I have found a site that sells the keyboard dock at just under £100. They are a authorised Asus reseller. They are also showing the 32GB version for the same price as the bundle at £430. Unfortunately they don't have stock yet of any. I'm glad I got the cheaper keyboard offer from Asus. If you want the keyboard dock it may be best to wait for the bundle to be available unless you really want it now and spend more for the keyboard later. Maybe Asus are extending the dock offer.

LINK

Guest Markteacher
I have found a site that sells the keyboard dock at just under £100. They are a authorised Asus reseller. They are also showing the 32GB version for the same price as the bundle at £430. Unfortunately they don't have stock yet of any. I'm glad I got the cheaper keyboard offer from Asus. If you want the keyboard dock it may be best to wait for the bundle to be available unless you really want it now and spend more for the keyboard later. Maybe Asus are extending the dock offer.

LINK

Keyboard dock for £100 - ouch!

Glad I took up the offer from Asus for 55 quid, and nice to know that if I decide I don't want it,I can make a profit :mellow:

Guest highbury-gooner
They don't have stock, says availability May 2nd

lol thanx , in my excitement i missed that :mellow: oh well the wait continues, i suppose the accessories will be on a slow drip lol

Guest Robert Niel

Seems like Asus are bringing out a number of accessories for the Asus transformer. No pricing or availability as of yet but it looks like there's a standalone desktop charging cradle (separate from the keyboard battery dock) with two USB ports and a 3.5mm audio jack. A USB dongle and full size SD card reader dongle for the tablet. Hdmi to VGA adapter as well as headphones - this came courtesy of the Asus Italia Facebook page with some further information fleshed out through the French website Blogeee. There are a few pictures on Crunchgear.

Robert

Edited by Robert Niel

Guest Matchstick
Seems like Asus are bringing out a number of accessories for the Asus transformer. No pricing or availability as of yet but it looks like there's a standalone desktop charging cradle (separate from the keyboard battery dock) with two USB ports and a 3.5mm audio jack. A USB dongle and full size SD card reader dongle for the tablet. Hdmi to VGA adapter as well as headphones - this came courtesy of the Asus Italia Facebook page with some further information fleshed out through the French website Blogeee. There are a few pictures on Crunchgear.

Robert

The USB dongle look interesting and if it works with most devices will mostly remove one of the advantages that the Xoom and Iconia have over the Transformer ie having a USB port on the tablet itself.

I also like the look of the desktop stand, even more so if it were to include a couple of USB ports :mellow:

Hopefully Asus will be releasing these soon and will be charging sensible prices (as they have done with the tablet)

Guest Mr.Clark
The USB dongle look interesting and if it works with most devices will mostly remove one of the advantages that the Xoom and Iconia have over the Transformer ie having a USB port on the tablet itself.

I also like the look of the desktop stand, even more so if it were to include a couple of USB ports :mellow:

Hopefully Asus will be releasing these soon and will be charging sensible prices (as they have done with the tablet)

It's a bit Apple though, isn't it?

I don't see why they couldn't fit a single USB port on the thing.

Although if it's just to keep costs down, I guess I'm on board. Keyboard dock on order and all that :o

Guest Matchstick
It's a bit Apple though, isn't it?

I don't see why they couldn't fit a single USB port on the thing.

Although if it's just to keep costs down, I guess I'm on board. Keyboard dock on order and all that :o

I think I've seen some posts on XDA where people have used male-male usb adaptors to connect mice etc to the transformer via the cable and if that is the case I can't imagine that Asus would have put the electonics to handle USB Host mode into the cable itself so it would be a feature of the tablet itself and all this adaptor does is contain same wiring as in the cable to connect the USB port pins to the correct pins on the proprietry connector.

Sadly the search function on XDA isn't working at the moment so I can't find out if I've remembered correctly or if I've just been dreaming this :mellow:

-- Update --

Aha, found the thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056592

USB Host mode does work with a female to female USB gender changer on the cable but it seems a little picky at the moment which devices it will talk to (may be a power issue)

Edited by Matchstick

Guest lynnd
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Transform...t/dp/B004XH88IM

Amazon are now listing the official Asus case with a delivery tyime of 1-2 weeks, suggesting that this is the time frame that we should see it listed by others... personally I really want a case like that, but not at £40!

Ben

Now available from Asus laptops for £34.95

http://www.asuslaptop.co.uk/proddetail.php...ormer_slip_case

False alarm, now saying pre- order due within 14 days, they say they hope to have them by 16th May

Edited by lynnd

Guest Uxian
Aha, found the thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056592

USB Host mode does work with a female to female USB gender changer on the cable but it seems a little picky at the moment which devices it will talk to (may be a power issue)

Android 3.1 includes full USB host capability supposedly. Lets hope Asus are as quick on the draw with that as with the previous FOTAs. The Xoom (on Verizon) apparently already has an update available.

USB host API. On devices that support USB host mode, applications can now manage connected USB peripherals such as audio devices. input devices, communications devices, and more.

Input from mice, joysticks, and gamepads. Android 3.1 extends the input event system to support a variety of new input sources and motion events such as from mice, trackballs, joysticks, gamepads, and others.

Guest Matchstick
Android 3.1 includes full USB host capability supposedly. Lets hope Asus are as quick on the draw with that as with the previous FOTAs. The Xoom (on Verizon) apparently already has an update available.

AIUI both the Xoom and Transformer (and pretty much every other HC tablet announced so far) are based on the same Nvidia Tegra reference board so hopefully there shouldn't be that much extra work for Asus to do to get it out to us.

Their responsiveness in getting patches out to people reporting problems over on XDA Developers also suggests they are putting a decent amount of resources behind supporting the Transformer which bodes well.

Guest todbld
Now the transformer is out there we can start worring about all the little bits of tat we use to dress it up with :unsure:

Personally I'm looking for a neoprene pouch/case so that I've got something to put it in on my way to work - I'm guessing there won't be official cases out for a bit but has anyone found a netbook case that does the job ?

I'm also after a spare cable or usb cable adaptor so I can plug it in both at work and at home without needing to remember to carry the cable around with me.

Did you find anyone or anywhere selling the spare cables ?i am going to need a few myself !!