Update 350

Guest Gopu

Guest fards
309 fail wont work

Its it leaving a Dec file on the sdcard? If so rename that to zip and the recovery is in there. Or flash the zip with streak mod and boot into the full ROM and it will over write the recovery...

Guest ali_alex
Its it leaving a Dec file on the sdcard? If so rename that to zip and the recovery is in there. Or flash the zip with streak mod and boot into the full ROM and it will over write the recovery...

I took it myself for who needs it .It s a Korean firmware olleh branded

update.zip

http://www.multiupload.com/DDCLAG50WE

Edited by ali_alex

Guest nextonline

Can anyone explain how updating is done? I tried googling, but couldn't find instructions.

I'm running 2.2, build 12332. What are these different recovery versions people are mentioning and where do I look mine up?

I have that web bug, that doesn't load a lot of pages through streak and upon some research I found out that there's an update to fix that, so I downloaded the .pkg file, placed it on my SD and renamed it to "update.pkg". Clicking on the file, I selected "package installer" to run it, but got "there is a problem parsing the package"; ok then I tried to run it through "system update install", it rebooted the phone and attempted installation, but it didn't go through, got another error. My last step was to start the phone in "recovery mode" (?), when you hold volume and power. I selected "soft upgrade via update.pkg" and got the following:

"Android system recovery utility - GAUSB1A131500"

Press shutter button to attempt system recovery... and something else.

This doesn't really look like a system update, more like after crash recovery option. Is this what I should be doing to upgrade? If things go wrong, what do I do then? Will it erase my data? Will it clear my root permission? Why doesn't Dell's official update page have these packages, are they unofficial ROMs or something?

Thanks in advance.

Guest leinert1
Can anyone explain how updating is done? I tried googling, but couldn't find instructions.

I'm running 2.2, build 12332. What are these different recovery versions people are mentioning and where do I look mine up?

I have that web bug, that doesn't load a lot of pages through streak and upon some research I found out that there's an update to fix that, so I downloaded the .pkg file, placed it on my SD and renamed it to "update.pkg". Clicking on the file, I selected "package installer" to run it, but got "there is a problem parsing the package"; ok then I tried to run it through "system update install", it rebooted the phone and attempted installation, but it didn't go through, got another error. My last step was to start the phone in "recovery mode" (?), when you hold volume and power. I selected "soft upgrade via update.pkg" and got the following:

This doesn't really look like a system update, more like after crash recovery option. Is this what I should be doing to upgrade? If things go wrong, what do I do then? Will it erase my data? Will it clear my root permission? Why doesn't Dell's official update page have these packages, are they unofficial ROMs or something?

Thanks in advance.

That is how many upgrades to the OS is completed when you are pushing a new build without going OTA from Dell.

Thanks in advance.

You are right upto the point where u went to the recovery. You should press the camera button and flash the update.pkg file.

However the recovery that u have may not flash this update.

U will have to flash the recovery for 350. Its found here http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/350/ ( thanks to themanii)

Once u flash this recovery u will have to pull battery ( If u have a rooted rom already there are other options for this step)

Then re insert battery and go directly to recovery ( both vol buttons and power )

Then flash the update.pkg as above .

When ever u flash a stock update.pkg , it will factory reset at start and hence u will loose all data.

Also if u have not flashed before , u will have to read about it and learn. There is plenty of info around.

Guest anthscorner
I took it myself for who needs it .It s a Korean firmware olleh branded

update.zip

http://www.multiupload.com/DDCLAG50WE

Hi,

As I had nothing better to do I did this update straight over 190 (after a factory reset). The only issue I found was the market app didn't update and so all my installed apps weren't listed ready to download.

Went back to 190 and the market app still didn't update, needed to do a manual install from a link in Modaco and all is well.

Ta,

Anthony.

Hi,

As I had nothing better to do I did this update straight over 190 (after a factory reset). The only issue I found was the market app didn't update and so all my installed apps weren't listed ready to download.

Went back to 190 and the market app still didn't update, needed to do a manual install from a link in Modaco and all is well.

Ta,

Anthony.

Do a factory reset after installing 350

Can i use it on french dell device ?

I haven't find it on the dell french site.

Thank's for your answer and the dl link :)

you can but there are some places which are still in korean. Dont think its an issue though

Guest luckyauto

hi fards and Gopu

may i know

which stock recovery image to flash this 350 , since 309 and 340 stock recover is failed

thank

how to rename it to ZIP file ? and flash it in streakmod , like to know more

thank

hi fards and Gopu

may i know

which stock recovery image to flash this 350 , since 309 and 340 stock recover is failed

thank

how to rename it to ZIP file ? and flash it in streakmod , like to know more

thank

recovery file are here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index...Streak#Official

Look in the box for 350

.zip file is here http://www.multiupload.com/DDCLAG50WE