USB port

Guest Boyers

Guest Boyers

What devices can we connect to the USB port(s)? For example - external USB HDs - will there be sufficient power. What about powered external CD drives?

Also, I have numerous USB memory sticks which carry my files from work - is there a suitable cable?

Guest SilentMobius
What devices can we connect to the USB port(s)? For example - external USB HDs - will there be sufficient power. What about powered external CD drives?

Also, I have numerous USB memory sticks which carry my files from work - is there a suitable cable?

What usb port? there is just a docking connector and HDMI on the tablet

Guest Boyers
What usb port? there is just a docking connector and HDMI on the tablet

"When connected the keyboard dock adds a microSD card slot and two USB ports to the Transformer, as well as an additional 3.5mm headphone jack".

"A touchpad, 3.5mm audio jack, two USB ports as well as a built-in SD Card reader for easy file sharing and storage expandability makes the Transformer a versatile media hub".

Guest SilentMobius
"When connected the keyboard dock adds a microSD card slot and two USB ports to the Transformer, as well as an additional 3.5mm headphone jack".

"A touchpad, 3.5mm audio jack, two USB ports as well as a built-in SD Card reader for easy file sharing and storage expandability makes the Transformer a versatile media hub".

I don't think anyone has the keyboard yet

Guest Boyers
I don't think anyone has the keyboard yet

True - but I have pre-ordered the bundle from Amazon (UK) due to ship next week. I can't imagine working without either a USB port or a card slot (I know the docking slot might not work straight away), which is why I detest the iPad!

Guest Scott9824
True - but I have pre-ordered the bundle from Amazon (UK) due to ship next week. I can't imagine working without either a USB port or a card slot (I know the docking slot might not work straight away), which is why I detest the iPad!

If you weren't aware the micro SD slot on the pad works.

Guest qwer23

From Eee Pad Transformer Manual:

USB Port (2.0)

The USB (Universal Serial Bus) is compatible with USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 devices such as keyboards, pointing devices, flash disk drive and hard disk drives.

So Mouses, USB Sticks and HDDs should work. Who would want to attach a keyboard onto a keyboard :) Perhaps they're talking about numpads?

I doubt the CD drives though, because I guess they lack a proper driver.

Hope it helps.

Regards

qwer23

Guest Uxian
I'm wondering whether it's possible to use something like this to connect a USB flash drive/hd to the Transformer ....

No, I tried that with a USB keyboard and it wasn't recognised at all but I don't think a gender changer is wired in a way that allows it to be used as a USB slave->host connector as I've tried it on devices that are confirmed to support USB host capability.

Edited by Uxian

Guest qwer23
Sure that doesn't mean the ports on the keyboard?

P

Aren't these the ones we're talking about? I didn't know there was a USB port on the tablet itself. I thought there's only the 40pin-connector + adapter? Well to clarify, my post refers to the docking station USB ports.