accelerometer (screen auto rotate) stops working after custom rom!

Guest johny1332

Guest johny1332

so i have gen2 saunalahti phone. with stock 2.2 android

clockwork for gen2 intall is going alright... no problems.. but after i install any custom ROM for gen2 phone... screen auto rotate stops working (accelerometer??)

but if i install custom rom with stock kernel everything is fine again.... so WTF!!!!

can somebody plz help me??? thx =)

Edited by johny1332

Guest johny1332

i have tested now with 3 different roms... and only custom rom where screen autorotate was working is: Swedish_Spring_RLS2_comviq22 with stock kernel... (but if i install overclocked kernel later.... screen rotate fails)

other sensors works just fine... accelerometer fails

Edited by johny1332

Guest targetbsp

is it turned on? It's optional isn't it? In both the general settings and in some cases on a per application basis (including launchers). It might just be defaulted off?

Guest johny1332

like i said it is turned on!!! (screen autorotate ON) accelerometer is failing in every game also... so that is problem i think...

everything is working fine if i roll back to stock rom and stock non overclocked kernel!

edit: today evening i rolled back to stock 2.2 android rom... everything is fine again... accelerometer is working in every game!!!

THIS SUCKS

Edited by johny1332

Guest johny1332

i think that some of these gen2 phones have different accelerometer hardware...

this one has LIS302dl...

so only thing you need to do is include it to boot.img but i dont know how to do it...

Edited by johny1332

Guest johny1332
Not that it helps... but for the sake of my sanity... where did you say? lol

in my mind i think...heheehe =) soz... lol

so... can somebody plz check what is difference between these to files...

with this kernel (boot.img) screen rotate is working and accelerometer also: http://www.mediafire.com/?ggem3dlpnoht64g

this is same version put with overclocked feature and with this kernel screen rotate is NOT working and accelerometer fails also: http://www.mediafire.com/?efcujja6lz4qx6b

Edited by johny1332

Guest johny1332

this problem is weird... now i have tried like 8 different gen2 rom's and only 1 was working right...

Swedish_Spring_RLS2_comviq22.zip

and if i flash overclocked kernel into this it will fail sensor also...

all others WILL detect acceleration sensor but it just simply wont work.... it doesnt detect any kind of movement...

WE NEED SOLUTION!!!!

Edited by johny1332

Guest Swimmerboy
this problem is weird... now i have tried like 8 different gen2 rom's and only 1 was working right...

I was under the impression that SS and CM7 (with patch) were the only two ROMs currently available on Gen2? Which other 6 have you tried?

For reference I'm on CM7, overclocked to 710MHz and screen rotation is working fine in both launcher and apps.

Guest johny1332

i have tried other versions of ss and like i said Swedish_Spring_RLS2_comviq22.zip this version is working good... others dont

this problem is inside kernel... cos if i flash CM7 (with patch) and Swedish_Spring_RLS2_comviq22.zip kernel.... everything is working good...

Guest kostique

I have same problem with sensors.

Please check this - is akmd process runnung (i have not and can't run it - acc initialize error)

- what kind of compass sensor you have - akm8973 or ak8973 (i have ak8973)

May be problem is in kernel - link http://www.jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=511 http://forum.samdroid.net/f53/sensors-froyo-2479/index2.html

Edited by kostique

Guest johny1332
I have same problem with sensors.

Please check this - is akmd process runnung (i have not and can't run it - acc initialize error)

- what kind of compass sensor you have - akm8973 or ak8973 (i have ak8973)

May be problem is in kernel - link http://www.jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=511 http://forum.samdroid.net/f53/sensors-froyo-2479/index2.html

IT is problem in kernel... im 100% sure... examble autorotate in cyanogen cm7 (with gen2 convert) is working 100% with my stock kernel... but if i install cyanogen kernel... sensor FAILS (i hate to repeat myself all the f*ckin time)

i have same compass sensor as you: AK8973 v.1.0... and my acceleration sensor is: lis302dl v.1 (they both fails at custom kernel)

THIS PROBLEM REALLY PISSES ME OFF... ( some1 should come here who knows something about kernel source code here or something)

many users have same problem and nobody gives a s***... like: (make sure you have autorotate on in settings) no s*** sherlock i have it on... do you need picture???? F*CK!!!!

Edited by johny1332

Guest frenchdroid
THIS PROBLEM REALLY PISSES ME OFF... ( some1 should come here who knows something about kernel source code here or something)

many users have same problem and nobody gives a s***... like: (make sure you have autorotate on in settings) no s*** sherlock i have it on... do you need picture???? F*CK!!!!

Here's Johnny !!

post-822826-1302990584_thumb.jpg

IT is problem in kernel... im 100% sure... examble autorotate in cyanogen cm7 (with gen2 convert) is working 100% with my stock kernel... but if i install cyanogen kernel... sensor FAILS (i hate to repeat myself all the f*ckin time)

i have same compass sensor as you: AK8973 v.1.0... and my acceleration sensor is: lis302dl v.1 (they both fails at custom kernel)

You don't pay the developers here, you're not their boss, they're all volunteers, working as a hobby in their free time on open source software to help make our phones run better. If it pisses you off so much then go back to your stock rom & shout at your network operator instead.

How about some manners, if you aren't going to fix it yourself & tell us how you did it?

How about you tell us what your hobby is so that we can shout & swear at you about how you aren't doing it well enough.

Edited by wbaw

Guest johny1332

WE HAVE SOLUTION for autorotate sensor (accelerometer) and compass!!!!! ONLY FOR GEN2

install swedish spring with newest clockwork!!! and let it boot normally...

and then download this kernel.... http://box.h-3.org.uk/boot.img

put it in your sdcard

then go to market and download "terminal emulator" and write this >>>>

su

cd sdcard

flash_image boot boot.img

reboot

and ZADAAAAAAAAAAMMMM every sensor is working like new

Edited by johny1332

Guest udrkd
WE HAVE SOLUTION for autorotate sensor (accelerometer) and compass!!!!! ONLY FOR GEN2

Whoa, nice! I'll have to try this later today, hopefully your kernel works!

Guest kostique

install swedish spring with newest clockwork!!! and let it boot normally...

and then download this kernel.... http://box.h-3.org.uk/boot.img

That not work for me. akmd2 process starts, but sensors still not work. ???

Guest hecatae
That not work for me. akmd2 process starts, but sensors still not work. ???

the kernel is from the softbank 003z rom, released 15th March 2011, it's the latest 2.2 kernel we have.

Edited by hecatae